Samplitude Pro X3 Suite sale $149.00 until Dec 20th

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought this as a gift to myself for doing so good this past month. Well deserved. Rough couple of months.

Question:

I have Izotope Ozone Advanced 7.....is there anything different about the Repair & Mastering Suite included in this?

xphen0m wrote: Question:

I have Izotope Ozone Advanced 7.....is there anything different about the Repair & Mastering Suite included in this?
It's 32-bit and only works with Sound Forge Pro. I don't know enough about Ozone Advanced, but there might be some repair/restoration tools in the Repair & Mastering Suite you don't have with with O7A.

sfxsound3 wrote:27 year anniversary? Maybe that's why...
It sounds like an attempt at grabbing part of the ex Cakewalk crowd.

pekbro wrote:Regarding the Vegas Pro Edit Humble Bundle deal, this is really a great fairly light video editor / compositor. It can do basic layer animation, has a good number of effects, full compositing capability. Text and generated media facilities (lens flares). Its fairly simple and a steal for $20 if you don't happen to have a better video editor, its definitely worth considering. The version is build 270 from 6/26/2017 and it supports Win 10.

For anyone who did get it, a tip on getting it running: The program is 64 bit and supports 64 bit VST 2 plugins. Unfortunately, its got a glass jaw when it comes to scanning them (sadly, this is typical for most video software). If its able to find your vsts, it will scan them automatically and very likely crash on a few of them. It definitely seems to dislike Native Instrument's stuff. Unfortunately, the program doesn't use a blacklist, so it will crash on them most every time. The best way to get around this is to watch for plugins that it hangs on and delete them (temporarily, restore them afterwards), repeat this until you can get through them all. It will then build a list of them and can be set not to rescan them like so...

-Cheers
I bought it and in the preferences, you can exclude the VSTs you don't need. I excluded all the virtual instruments, for example.

Still, VEGAS Pro 14 seems *very* buggy to me. It crashed once with NO video loaded, no plugin used, and while I was browsing the web, so it wasn't doing anything at all (supposedly). It also sometimes tells me I'm out of memory when I have 30 Gb of RAM left. I scanned my RAM with the Windows 10 diagnostic tool, and no, my RAM has no issue.

The Izotope Mastering Suite indeed has some things not present in Ozone, like some repair stuff and a reverb. If you have Izotope RX as well (elements too likely) you should have it covered. The Mastering Suite is old though, seems the same stuff many of us were used to in the old Adobe Audition if you're not familiar enough with it from Sound Forge.

Regarding Vegas: seems like windows 10 support is only jury-rigged. Chances are this version will never be perfectly stable under win 10, that doesn't mean it's not gonna work well enough (depending on your needs). I think most of us bought it because it was super cheap and we lacked a better alternative. For myself, if I need to do an important (paid) job involving a non-linear editor, I will just renew my Adobe sub as needed. Otherwise, I wouldn't rely on outdated production software for mission critical applications. On the other hand, for just messing around, well.... And I'm not even using win 10.

-Cheers

I'm really enjoy working in Samplitude Pro X. But there's an issue I'm having.

My track that I'm working on is too centered. It's using the same plugins that I use in other DAWs (mainly Cubase and Studio One). Same sample libraries, too. At first, I thought it was my just imagination until two other people pointed it out to me. I'm messing with the panning like I should, but the guitars (for instance) have virtually no width. I'm using Prominy V-Metal for the guitars. I use them in Cubase and Studio One, double tracked, and have no issue. This is only present in Samplitude. Anyone have any ideas?

right click pan controls for panning options?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:right click pan controls for panning options?
I've tried that. I'm going to try it again.

Cubase and S1 have 3db pan laws, if i'm not mistaken. Not sure what Samp's default to, but for mono tracks, it could be worth checking.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Yes! I figured it out! I had to insert another instance of Kontakt to see what I did wrong.

I had the second track set to output: Kontakt 3-4, which is correct. However...the first track was set to output: Kontakt 1-64. I have set it to Kontakt 1-2, and now all is right with the world because this had been bugging me for three days and I thought I was going crazy.

xphen0m wrote:Yes! I figured it out! I had to insert another instance of Kontakt to see what I did wrong.

I had the second track set to output: Kontakt 3-4, which is correct. However...the first track was set to output: Kontakt 1-64. I have set it to Kontakt 1-2, and now all is right with the world because this had been bugging me for three days and I thought I was going crazy.
just for fun check out samp's 2 channel surround (available as a box to click when you right click the pan) for some interesting options. Also in the samp plugins is a multiband stereo expander plugin (also an option directly on the master), I use the stereo fx on guitar reverb sometimes. I route all my guitar tracks through a submix bus but I route the returns (via aux bus or sometimes the verb I recorded with routed to other tracks) to the main outs and put the stereo effect there. Subtle but I like it and the effect allows some nice tinkering.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
xphen0m wrote:Yes! I figured it out! I had to insert another instance of Kontakt to see what I did wrong.

just for fun check out samp's 2 channel surround (available as a box to click when you right click the pan) for some interesting options. Also in the samp plugins is a multiband stereo expander plugin (also an option directly on the master), I use the stereo fx on guitar reverb sometimes. I route all my guitar tracks through a submix bus but I route the returns (via aux bus or sometimes the verb I recorded with routed to other tracks) to the main outs and put the stereo effect there. Subtle but I like it and the effect allows some nice tinkering.
isn't the 2 channel surround thing basically just a dolby pro-logic flag on exported files...an option on exports? (basically a left/right stereo, with a mono surround channel calculated from the left and right). so, it plays fine as stereo, but trips the "pro logic" option on playback rigs.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

kelldammit wrote:
Hink wrote:

isn't the 2 channel surround thing basically just a dolby pro-logic flag on exported files...an option on exports? (basically a left/right stereo, with a mono surround channel calculated from the left and right). so, it plays fine as stereo, but trips the "pro logic" option on playback rigs.
maybe but I have had fun with the imagining graphics, the end result is just stereo but but at least for me anyhow it's a different perspective on positioning.

For any of you who have had Magix products more than a month or so.

Do Magix ever do sale pricing for upgrades?

nathanj wrote:For any of you who have had Magix products more than a month or so.

Do Magix ever do sale pricing for upgrades?
I'm an email subscriber, and I received an offer (like the one in the OP) to upgrade, so you should get one eventually.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”