Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8

I just got an email. Acid Pro7 + upgrade for $100, until 1/21/18. Guess I'll seriously consider it.
Sam

Digic wrote:By the look of it they didn't change much, also i like the dark GUI. Also, some updates/changes under the hood are welcomed :)
Can't wait to try it when it drops :D

Wish we could get some more details.....
An iOs app version will be welcomed too..

i still don't get it.
it's getting a new paint-job and 64bit etc...
this is not too dis-similar to when Sony bought out Sonic Foundry. Development slowed to a snail's pace and eventually just faded away.
there is nothing you can't do in pretty much every daw nowadays so someone should tell me why get excited over it? i don't see it. i suppose that it will appeal to the consumers of things like 'Music Studio', who use things like Garageband for 'instant' music making. but not a serious DAW user. i was an acid pro user for a long time. i love the idea of it coming back but more developed, but that loyality is not a good reason to invest in it alone.

inkwarp wrote:i still don't get it.
it's getting a new paint-job and 64bit etc...
this is not too dis-similar to when Sony bought out Sonic Foundry. Development slowed to a snail's pace and eventually just faded away.
there is nothing you can't do in pretty much every daw nowadays so someone should tell me why get excited over it? i don't see it. i suppose that it will appeal to the consumers of things like 'Music Studio', who use things like Garageband for 'instant' music making. but not a serious DAW user. i was an acid pro user for a long time. i love the idea of it coming back but more developed, but that loyality is not a good reason to invest in it alone.
I get it... because I have been using Acid since 1998. For me it is still the quickest DAW for importing single_hits and loops and mangling/cutting/creating new loops (occasionally even adding MIDI)
Not sure I can agree with you on "when Sony bought SF". Since Magix took over they have done 2 updates to Vegas (this, I think is the real cash cow) updated Spectral_Layers.. updated Sonic_Foundry_Audio (the cut down version of SF) all in less than 18 months or there abouts (BTW, when Sony bought Sonic_F they also took over the development team, I think Magix have also done the same, although the members may have changed, the DNA is probably still with the devs).
Yeah, I also use "consumer/toy" DAWs>>> SamplitudeProX3 Reaper, Harrison Mixbus(Ardour++) oh and Live and Project5.. BUT I do admit to being just a kid...
A 64bit version... yeah, interested... the thing I would most like to see is the same kinda visual feedback you get in the "stretch" view when manipulating the stretch markers.. like Live's warp or Reapers stretch, now THAT would get my DAW juices flowing... :oops:

Not sure I can agree with you on "when Sony bought SF". Since Magix took over they have done 2 updates to Vegas
well, i am not sure that i consider them as 'updates'.
and i am a long time user of Vegas also but to me thay have just been rebranded. Yet to see any really significant changes...

it needs piano roll....

It already has a piano roll : )

Does it support Hi-DPI (e.g >>> 4K+ resolutions) ?
Come with it's own VST Instruments & Effects ? If so, where are the screen shots of them ?
Capable of timeline video editing ?

If it does, I'd be viewing it with closer inspection as a real alternative / partner to software I already have.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:Does it support Hi-DPI (e.g >>> 4K+ resolutions) ?
I have no idea

Come with it's own VST Instruments & Effects ? If so, where are the screen shots of them ?
it used to have some built in FX. Instruments i don't know but it's probably a good bet they will stick some stuff in from their existing DAWs
Capable of timeline video editing ?
i have done video sound-track editing with Acid Pro in the past but moved onto vegas after a while. the music aspects of Vegas are very good, better than Acid Pro. i have used it just as a daw in the past.
The other thing is that Acid is rewire capable - i still use my own copy of acid from time to time ( it's brilliant for doing 'mash-ups').
the one thing they need to pay attention to is bugs. the last version (7 i believe) was riddled witht them for me...

toonertik wrote:
inkwarp wrote: For me it is still the quickest DAW for importing single_hits and loops and mangling/cutting/creating new loops
You should try Renoise , it's what trackers excel at .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

inkwarp wrote:It already has a piano roll : )
Then probably my memory is old version. :wink: It had just a midi track that allows putting notes on it.

tooneba wrote:
inkwarp wrote:It already has a piano roll : )
Then probably my memory is old version. :wink: It had just a midi track that allows putting notes on it.

technically isn't that a piano roll?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Acid had a great workflow - or at least I remember it did, maybe nowadays it would not seem so great. But if they can sell it a reasonable price I can see a place for it. Particularly for people who don't necessarily want to work within a single package.

Just a follow up...
Just used the upgrade path. $99 for 7 now, 8 when released. I upgraded from 3! Couldn't believe I still had the SN. I think the upgrade price expires tomorrow (21st).
Sam

rsdown wrote:Just a follow up...
Just used the upgrade path. $99 for 7 now, 8 when released. I upgraded from 3! Couldn't believe I still had the SN. I think the upgrade price expires tomorrow (21st).
I've been getting the same offer in my email. The problem is, when Magix acquired the program, they gave me a free copy of ACID Pro 7. Is there some sort of upgrade path for those of us who already have version 7? I didn't see anything on the website.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”