Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig - will release v3 by the end of the year, with open modular environment

Reason - will make VSTs work properly, will make the GUI 4K compatible and will ...add Eurorack to the Rack, providing its own selection of base modules while RE developers will be able to build more

Cubase - natural extension of their Chord Track / Assistant features will be some kind of AI or machine learning mechanism that would automatically orchestrate a given melody when provided with set of descriptive parameters for mood, tempo, part of song; also, upon feeding it with reference track it'll add & sequence similar sounds around aforementioned melody & chords :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yeah maybe Cubase will turn into Band-in-a-box if they're not careful. ;)

(Thanks for the comments on Cubase BTW.)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Rumor has it that FL Stdio 20 will be released on the 20th or the 21st of May of this year.
Is it a rumor or it it a fact?

Really looking forward to the FLS 20 :love: release to see what new toys and work flow improvement there will be to this near perfect DAW. "Near perfect DAW", yes this is my opinion. If you do not agree that means you are wrong! :hihi:

Kalamata Kid wrote:"Near perfect DAW", yes this is my opinion. If you do not agree that means you are wrong! :hihi:
You're contradicting yourself.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Ableton will sell themselves to Gibson who will run them into the ground before selling them off for peanuts.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Waiting for Mulab 8 and Reaper 6, not sure which one I will opt for...

I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.

chk071 wrote:I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.
Because you can't create an empty midi clip.

Riansky wrote:
chk071 wrote:I wonder why you don't give Cakewalk a go. After all, it's free, and a fully fledged DAW. Even though it wasn't my favorite when i owned Sonar X1, i think i'd prefer it over both MuLab and Reaper.
You mean that's why fls doesn't give it a go, or why YOU don't give it a go?

That's bad though, i wasn't even aware of that. Wonder why some devs are so reluctant to things which are absolutely bog standard.

Aloysius wrote:Ableton will sell themselves to Gibson who will run them into the ground before selling them off for peanuts.
:hihi:

chk071 wrote:
Riansky wrote:
You mean that's why fls doesn't give it a go, or why YOU don't give it a go?

That's bad though, i wasn't even aware of that. Wonder why some devs are so reluctant to things which are absolutely bog standard.
I don't even know what an empty Midi clip is good for.
Regardless of that, I didn't like Sonar when it was still commercial, why would I like it now that it is free?
It was bloated and not overly solid the last time I tried it.

Why would the new owner give it away for free, anyway? Sounds suspicious to me. What is that "BandLab Assistant client" that one has to use according to their site?

A quick Google search should answer most of those questions. :P

chk071 wrote:A quick Google search should answer most of those questions. :P
Google searches would render KVR pointless.
We are here because we do not want to Google :wink:

ftfy wrote:Bandlab Sonar Polonium perhaps?

Who would have predicted that FL Studio 20 and PreSonus Studio One 4 would both be released on the same day in May of 2018?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”