FARGIN *INCREDIBLE* MAGIX Sale...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is SF essentially the mastering solution in this bundle?

G

They are a strange company, the registration is crazy, I still haven't managed to make my old Sony 10 version visible in either of the 2 separate places software is registered, and they've ignored me the 2 times I've asked them to help with it.

It would be amazing if this was a free upgrade from this deal, but it seems a bit too good to be true but would make this deal even more incredible :) £149 isn't bad though considering the work involved, as long as there are no radical changes to the fundamental workflow I will go for that.

Those sneaky bastages! :)

I bought the bundle recently and SF11 has about all I need in an editor. Audition is still my preference but I could not justify the subscription pricing, given I have other tools that can do the same job just not as easily. I will be interested to see how Magix deals with the upgrading to SF, Spectralayers and Samplitude. They are all good but all have issues that need either fixing or updating (or both). And competition is fierce.

Magix will have gained a lot of new users through the bundle price and I imagine their marketing people will be watching the upgrade figures closely to see how many can be pulled into a premium pricing model. Only Spectralayers offers something unique so it will be interesting to see how the pricing is in a years time, if they have had to adjust down to the market

mrcleats wrote:$167.16 in the basket at JRR with group code - might work out slightly cheaper for some depending on sales tax treatment at MAGIX.
here is the Magix link for $149.
https://www.magix.com/index.php?id=24739&L=52
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Is there any way to use the current Samplitude version on a laptop? I tried the demo a while ago and the UI was a nightmare in terms of being tiny.

Just FYI I asked their sales team if the current promotion for Samplitude Pro X3 Suite included a free upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 12 and this was their reply
The current promotion for Samplitude Pro X3 Suite that includes a license for
Sound Forge Pro 11 does not include a free upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 12 once
released.

Existing owners of Sound Forge Pro will be eligible to purchase an upgrade
directly once version 12 is released.

Best regards,
Thomas Ash

MAGIX Software GmbH
Thomas Ash
Postfach 200914
01194 Dresden
GERMANY
-Matt

I'm not sure why anyone would remotely expect it.

msorrels wrote:Just FYI I asked their sales team if the current promotion for Samplitude Pro X3 Suite included a free upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 12 and this was their reply
The current promotion for Samplitude Pro X3 Suite that includes a license for
Sound Forge Pro 11 does not include a free upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 12 once
released.

Existing owners of Sound Forge Pro will be eligible to purchase an upgrade
directly once version 12 is released.

Best regards,
Thomas Ash

MAGIX Software GmbH
Thomas Ash
Postfach 200914
01194 Dresden
GERMANY
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Because they recently started offering it (free upgrade) to purchasers of Sound Forge Pro 11 of course.
ATS wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would remotely expect it.
-Matt

Aside from some registration issues (which I'm still trying to get resolved..), it's a nice deal!

Having some ugly PTSD (ProToolsStressDisorder) flashbacks trying to learn how to use Samplitude. Uhh.. can't dock the mixer anywhere? Really?! Studio One has really spoiled me...

Anyway.. bought the suite mainly for Sound Forge. :P

Well, I went ahead and bought the Sound Forge upgrade. I was on version 9. The future free upgrade to 64bit was enough to knock me off the fence. For what it does, Sound Forge is like bread and butter.

...it looks as though sf hasnt realyy been updated for 5 years! is the development continual here or what.

Welll now you can get Sound Forge Pro 11 for $30 :P

(Along with a bunch of other Magix filler like... ACID Pro 7 -- that's actually $20, but $30 gets you both, haha)

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... le_index_1

Subscription model, $30 "bundle deals", (mostly) mediocre products... the gold standard nowadays.
Confucamus.

Guenon wrote:Welll now you can get Sound Forge Pro 11 for $30 :P

(Along with a bunch of other Magix filler like... ACID Pro 7 -- that's actually $20, but $30 gets you both, haha)

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... le_index_1

I'll buy that for a dollar (+19).

First Vegas Pro for $15 now Acid Pro 7, wooh! :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”