Need some help Cubase 9.5 (Solved)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have all my hw synths synced up in Cubase 9.5 but when i play some of them with tempo synced Arp cubase plays the notes in the pianoroll all over the place and sometimes skip some of them after the loop is starting from the beginning.

Same happens with vst's with arps enabled (Tempo synced).

In Reason 10 i don't have any of these problems so i am starting to wonder if it is some setting in Cubase i might have overlooked.

I am on Windows 10.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Check your MIDI ins.

I bet something is looping back.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Check your MIDI ins.

I bet something is looping back.
Everything is connected with 1 midi cable on each synth to midi in and all of them are set to local off.

So no midi in or out connections except for the one out from my soundcard to the midi thru box.

Weird that it works great in Reason 10 without any hiccups but skips notes played from piano roll in Cubase.

When i think of it i do have one synth that do send midi in and out thru Usb which i use as a controller but i have local controll off on that one too.

Will do some testing without it and see if it helps.

You where right :tu:
Seems like the only hw synth connected via usb was fighting against Cubase midi clock sync.

It is stable now so now i just have to figure out what setting on that synth is messing with sending out midi clock to my other gear in tandem with Cubases midi clock out.

D-Fusion wrote:You where right :tu:
Seems like the only hw synth connected via usb was fighting against Cubase midi clock sync.

It is stable now so now i just have to figure out what setting on that synth is messing with sending out midi clock to my other gear in tandem with Cubases midi clock out.
:tu:

Glad you got it sorted.

It happens to me on a daily basis so I'm all too familiar with it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”