Anyone else recently migrated to Cubase 9.5?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FlyingNoodle wrote:
Dewdman42 wrote:Regions aren't loop-able. I haven't figured out any easy way to have a "repeat" at all actually. Maybe someone knows a way beyond copy and paste?
If I think I understand what you mean you can create a marker track and set loop regions.
yea that isn't what I'm looking for and I will reiterate what I said previously...LPX has the ability to loop regions.

I believe what you are talking about above is setting loop points for the whole sequencer to cycle loop through a section while you're working on it. LPX also has that, its called "cycle" in LPX.

Loopable regions mean you can have different regions of different lengths..and they are all individually loop able so that the sequencer plays the song start to finish...does not cycle loop, but regions may loop as the sequencer goes on..each independently...and for any desired length of time.

I still can't see anyway that Cubase can do that. Just copy and paste.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Loopable regions mean you can have different regions of different lengths..and they are all individually loop able so that the sequencer plays the song start to finish...does not cycle loop, but regions may loop as the sequencer goes on..each independently...and for any desired length of time.

I still can't see anyway that Cubase can do that. Just copy and paste.
You are correct. Cubase has one 'loopable' set of left and right locators ('cycle' is their term) and that's that.

Can't you hand lots of loopable regions with loop counts etc in the arranger track?

Never use it myself, but I am pretty sure it does what you want.

https://youtu.be/oP_uXMK3gqU

Multiple loop points video
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Can you do multiple cycles at the same time? That isn't the point of that video ("I'm moving nicely between the different cycle points"). I looked at the manual a long time before I came down with the view that you have one cycle [left locator to right locator] at a time.

I'd LOVE to be wrong about this. I can see doing it with different cycles in different time sigs which eventually agree but you experience the cross-rhythm along the way. et cetera.

ericj23 wrote:Can't you hand lots of loopable regions with loop counts etc in the arranger track?

Never use it myself, but I am pretty sure it does what you want.

https://youtu.be/oP_uXMK3gqU

Multiple loop points video
Yea I don’t think that’s it either and if so it’s way too complicated.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

FlyingNoodle wrote:I've been using FL Studio for a while, didn't find it was fully meeting my needs.
This thread has been around for a month. I've been revisiting it when I see new posts, but I'm still curious as to what needs FL Studio wasn't meeting. I'm not a FL user, but I would still like to know, if that isn't too much trouble.

kb420 wrote: thread has been around for a month. I've been revisiting it when I see new posts, but I'm still curious as to what needs FL Studio wasn't meeting. I'm not a FL user, but I would still like to know, if that isn't too much trouble.
FL Studio doesn't have integrated workflow features for the management and mitigation of CPU intensive plugin configurations.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”