28%
14%
5%
5 or more
14%

Total votes: 138

RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnGee wrote:Why using metaphors? It's not that we can't understand what DAWs and instruments do!

Please speak for yourself, who is this we/they? :roll:

You right, I'm on to the next thread!

Topcheese wrote:
EnGee wrote:Why using metaphors? It's not that we can't understand what DAWs and instruments do!

Please speak for yourself, who is this we/they? :roll:

You right, I'm on to the next thread!
We! The audience! For whom you are speaking? The walls?

herodotus wrote:Jp22?
jp22 wrote:Those are all fake rumors!
A man ahead of his time.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
herodotus wrote:Jp22?
jp22 wrote:Those are all fake rumors!
A man ahead of his time.
Indeed. We thought he was an anomaly, when he was actually a prototype.

3 - going down to 2 because who on earth needs 3 DAWs.........
- Logic Pro -

Used 2, then used 1, that may change.

Is GarageBand for iOS a DAW?
Guess you can add that to the mix as well. Great starter of ideas, of which entire projects transfer seamlessly into Logic. Apple is on a roll.

festeringheap wrote:Is GarageBand for iOS a DAW?
Guess you can add that to the mix as well. Great starter of ideas, of which entire projects transfer seamlessly into Logic. Apple is on a roll.
Technically ... I’d say it is. The handoff feature to Logic sounds like a great idea.

I wonder if Reaper could have anything like that down the road. But the lack of built-in virtual instruments in Reaper is challenging in terms of creativity on the go. Time will tell, I suppose.

3 at the moment. Main is Reaper. Other is Reason and Live.

i own Reaper and Live but only use Live because my workflow is married to Ableton's Simpler/Sampler. If there was a vst sampler that could slice with different warp modes to granulate things i'd probably switch over to Reaper.

a_Scientist wrote:Used 2, then used 1, that may change.
Next number in the sequence: 0 :D

Tappistry wrote:
festeringheap wrote:Is GarageBand for iOS a DAW?
Technically ... I’d say it is. The handoff feature to Logic sounds like a great idea.

I wonder if Reaper could have anything like that down the road. But the lack of built-in virtual instruments in Reaper is challenging in terms of creativity on the go. Time will tell, I suppose.
There are enough threads on their forum that shoot down that idea whenever somebody brings it up. The majority seem to like the fact that REAPER is very lightweight and stable, but totally customizable to their own personal needs when adding external instruments. It has a suite of amazing effects though.

bangaio wrote:3 - going down to 2 because who on earth needs 3 DAWs.........
Going up to 4. Why on earth I should be limited to only 2! :hihi:

I guess one might want to learn at least 2. One for pattern based music creation and live work, and another for linear recording and mixing. But if you exclusively use one style or the other, then just one might work.

Or maybe a third if those first two lack a feature that you need to use occasionally, and if it speeds up your workflow to have it, rather than by using a workaround in your main rig.

It actually makes sense to focus on and learn to use just the tools that you actually need, and no more. Distractions can lessen productivity, but may sometimes lead to creative inspiration. Depends on the individual, I suppose...

Old proverb says: "If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one." :lol:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”