[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I love the simplicity of Studio One’s workflow, honestly the workflows presented by these last two ideas are super obtuse. It’s like MAX for Live but without the ability to hide it.

But Mixer Snapshots (a portion of the multi mixer idea here) are a great idea and should be voted on https://answers.presonus.com/3073/mix-snapshots

I jumped back on after this REALLY weird issue with Reason (may be fixed now, but who knows)

It's really good. It's like any other DAW, it has it's quirks but it does some things SO WELL!

The offer on Audiodeluxe to get Studio One Professional 4.5.5 for low as £131.46 ends in 12 hours 17 mins as of the post...don't know about JRR Shop .

___

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/presonus-s ... 3?ref=eios

Studio One version 4.6 is revealed on Wednesday...(there's a good chance that it will be available to download then as well I would think, although they might wait till Friday by my guesstimate should they do a live stream of the features). One would hope that they live stream the Wednesday event...but no word on that.
Presonus StudioOne 4.6 Launch Party @ Redbull Studios London.

Wed, 4 December 2019, 12:00 – 18:00 GMT
Free
Event Information
Description

Come and check out what the latest update of StudioOne has to offer at Redbull Studios in the heart of London.

The event will be hosted by Lee Boylan from Presonus. Doors will open at 12pm and demonstrations will run from approximately 1pm - 6pm.

A team of cutting edge artists, mix engineers and producers will show you how they use StudioOne and you'll have the chance to ask them questions about their process and the new features in version 4.6

Demonstrations & appearances from...

• Paul Drew & Abi F Jones (DWB Music / The StudioRats)
• Jody Wisternoff (Way Out West / Anjunadeep)
• Aamir Yaqub (Grammy winning Producer / Engineer)
• Emmavie (Songwriter / Producer)
• James Towler (Producer / Mixer / Steve Winwood)

There will be a free bar but please arrive early to ensure that you get to enjoy the refreshments and the full programme of demonstrations.

This event is open to both press and public. Please contact me directly at mo@socia-tech.com with any queries.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Will this event be streamed or is this just an open day at Redbull Studios?

steve.lindqvist wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:32 pm Will this event be streamed or is this just an open day at Redbull Studios?
Prolly just Redbull, they would have highlighed it by now.... I can't help but help feel pessimistic about 4.6... adding things I've no interest in probably..and probably partly broken as well.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I hope the big 5.0 ( which will arrive in 2020 ) will add a clip launcher
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'll be happy if one of the updates adds the ability to tag and categorise my plugins

So I can have a folder for compressors, one for saturation, delays, reverbs etc

Digivolt wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:17 pm I'll be happy if one of the updates adds the ability to tag and categorise my plugins

So I can have a folder for compressors, one for saturation, delays, reverbs etc
That's already possible with the Folder-view option in the browser.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:00 amI can't help but
I read "Intrancer" and thought, "oh, he'll soon propose some new UI which they do not implement", clicked one page back, ... profit. I'm home.

J. Smith wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:57 pmThat's already possible with the Folder-view option in the browser.
Yup, it's not perfect, e.g. a plugin cannot be in different folders, but it does its job, I use it.

I'm wishing for more stability and being able to modulate anything, as in Bitwig modulators.

@ people who want clip launchers and Bitwig modulators...try Bitwig ;-)

In all seriousness, I use Both S1 and Bitwig and between them they cover every need I have....Seems like a lot of people on the Bitwig forums want S1 features (comping, ARA, better midi editing) and some S1 people want bitwig features...

Personally I am not sure the two 'types' of DAW (performance/experimentation or solid linier production) will exist well together...but we will see, I am open to having my mind changed!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So what's up with this 4.6? No streams, infos, updates, no nothing?

4.6 New Features will be:
-Updated browser UI with the New Gallery view.
-Can now convert instrument parts- patterns
-PreSonus Exchange interface updated
-Support for tied notes & patterns.
-Improved tempo-matching.

-New Podcast Production Template/ Macro page.
-New plugin: Pedal Board.
-Updated Ampire.
-State Space Modelling amp and FX
-dynamic moving image - as opposed to snapshots.
Load your own IRs.
Third hand info!

Let's hope the browser got a few workflow improvements too.

Hopefully they finally fixed the ability to drag n drop wave files from the browser to Akai Mpc software, requested for 5 years now. 😒
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”