[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

paolostylo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:54 pm My question:
In the Sell&Buy forum many people are selling their Presonus Studio One Pro Licenses at the moment and they become more and more...
There are some vendors who sell licenses for only $100...
Which vendors?

And, what is the correlation between a handful of sold used copies, and the quality of a software? Read here or elsewhere regularly, and you will find out that the people using Studio One like it, for the most part. I surely do. It's a nice software, and in no way inferior to other sequencers. On the contrary, it's better than most for me.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:27 pm
paolostylo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:54 pm My question:
In the Sell&Buy forum many people are selling their Presonus Studio One Pro Licenses at the moment and they become more and more...
Which vendors?

And, what is the correlation between a handful of sold used copies, and the quality of a software? Read here or elsewhere regularly, and you will find out that the people using Studio One like it, for the most part. I surely do. It's a nice software, and in no way inferior to other sequencers. On the contrary, it's better than most for me.
Thanks for answering. :tu:
Yes, I also know people who are using Studio One Pro and they love it.
And to be honest, I'm not thinking, that it's bad or something. :wink:
I was only wondering and surprised why they sell it for a so cheap price...
And with vendors I meant KVR members...
I'm a Cubase Pro user for years now, but I saw so many videos and tutorials about Studio One Pro that I'm now giving it a try...

You never know the pychology of the used market. :D I also wondered more than once about the items on sale... on the other hand, sometimes it's even redundance. I sold quite a few Native Instruments plugins, for example, because I first bought Komplete Select, and then upgraded to Komplete, which made some licenses redundant.

People often switch to other DAW's as well. I also switched from Reaper to Cubase, and from Cubase to Studio One, and sold the licenses after switch. Probably the same with the Studio One licenses here. Maybe some are also disappointed, fair enough.

Hey Paolo,

I was thinking the same thing!... out of all the Daws for sale, there are so many Studio One's listed. And, at a steep discount. I just picked up S1 in December and it's an elegant piece of rig... and I own, Logic, Cubase 10 and Reaper... for me, S1 is the first daw I've used where I'm not thinking about the daw, just the music.... very nice workflow, imo.

Cheers,
Cartwheel... new to KVR, but have been reading forums for years.

paolostylo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:54 pm Hi, I didn't find any other forum or thread for my question, so if I'm totally wrong here, I would like to apologize in advance...

My question:
Is Studio One Pro so bad or is there a place where they get it as a free gift, or a promotion etc. and sell it...?
Thanks for answers.
Not sure. It's a good DAW and I think more people should use it. They some times run some deep sales where you can get it for $200 or less, and right now there's just lots of people trying to sell their licenses so it's driving prices down really hard.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and opinions.
I definitely will give S1 a try. :tu: :phones:

paolostylo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:54 pm Is Studio One Pro so bad or is there a place where they get it as a free gift, or a promotion etc. and sell it...?
Thanks for answers.
People sell lots of DAWs, sometimes it’s because they just can’t settle on one workflow. If you look at some people’s post histories they’re constantly buying and selling DAWs.

Also it’s relatively affordable as far as DAWs go, so maybe some people buy Studio One to try it out without demoing extensively and their uses fall into one if it’s weak spots? (External MIDI hardware librarian functions, some more complex scoring functions, more “modular sound design” type functions)

I've seen a lot FLStudio users trying it out because they think it's going to be FLStudio (I've seen a lot of Youtubers going on and on about it, especially after 4.0 was released). Studio One is nothing like FLStudio and a pattern sequencer is not going to change that. Once FL users realize that they probably drop it like a hot potato.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:08 amStudio One is nothing like FLStudio and a pattern sequencer is not going to change that. Once FL users realize that they probably drop it like a hot potato.
I used FL Studio before and dropped it - FL - like a hot potato after testing Studio Ones workflow. Never went back. Only thing I'm missing is more on the modern DAW side...: flexibility of parameter modulation as in Bitwig. And - better sandboxing. VSTs let the DAW crash too often. Not often, but too often.
If I#d get annoyed by S1 I'd rather change to Bitwig, then Ableten. Not FL.

apoclypse wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:08 am I've seen a lot FLStudio users trying it out because they think it's going to be FLStudio (I've seen a lot of Youtubers going on and on about it, especially after 4.0 was released). Studio One is nothing like FLStudio and a pattern sequencer is not going to change that. Once FL users realize that they probably drop it like a hot potato.
Studio smokes FL Studio. :tu:

tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:36 pm
apoclypse wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:08 amStudio One is nothing like FLStudio and a pattern sequencer is not going to change that. Once FL users realize that they probably drop it like a hot potato.
I used FL Studio before and dropped it - FL - like a hot potato after testing Studio Ones workflow. Never went back. Only thing I'm missing is more on the modern DAW side...: flexibility of parameter modulation as in Bitwig. And - better sandboxing. VSTs let the DAW crash too often. Not often, but too often.
Same here. Lots of crashes to desktop and cpu problems plus the UI became cluttered and bad colors etc so I try to switch but always come back to S1 for the amazing workflow.

This DAW sure does a lot of things to make you hate it

I have a macro set to turn off all inserts, transform audio and then turn all inserts on again, it doesn't work though

It won't turn inserts back on, my other shortcut key just for turning inserts on/off won't turn them back on either, nor will the button on the mix panel it will only start working again after I manually turn inserts on

This vid somebody made of same issue from version 3 shows exactly what I'm on about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvcw6plc58

I ask, what is the f**king point of a "activate all inserts" button if it doesn't activate all inserts

How is it helpful to workflow to have to turn on inserts for 40+ channels manually when the button turned them all off but refuses now to turn all back on

Just to add to how f**ked this DAW is, the macro works on my leads & pads, but doesn't work on my bass because f**k knows ?

andypryce wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:25 am
tapiodmitriyevich wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:36 pm
Same here. Lots of crashes to desktop and cpu problems plus the UI became cluttered and bad colors etc so I try to switch but always come back to S1 for the amazing workflow.
It's interesting, because I can't handle using S1 most of the time for the same reasons. Crashy, VST issues and some really weird workflow issues (see previous post).

S1 is the only DAW on my system that I have frequent crashing issues with. :borg:

wow... i am on window$ 10 and also use a ryzen processor currently (win7 and other AMD in the past)... i have never had S1 crash on me except for the rare occasion of the 666 error and that is caused from third party plugin faults as i understand it. also i have been using S1 Pro since the release of S1v2. maybe i have been lucky all these years? sorry to hear that so many claim they have crashes but i tend to think it may be their systems or setup over the software. cheers and good luck
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Studio One over the past year has really been pretty much solid stability wise, at least on Windows 7.

The big 5.0 is now under 5 months away.... and it's kinda funny when I look back to the days of 5.0 when I was a regular Reason user... Reason & Record were merged together as one ( properly as one product that is )and DrOctorex got an upgrade there as well...

Studio One 5.0 could very well be aiming for something similar with the merging of their other software in a similar way at least in part... Notation maybe and those looking for film focused features could be in there as well...I think..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”