[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:00 am ...when I look back to the days of 5.0 when I was a regular Reason user... Reason & Record were merged together as one ...
This was in 6 if I remember right... this is a quote from this Reason 5 review: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/pr ... d-reason-5
The latest version of Reason incorporates new arrangement tools and two powerful new instruments, and even lets you record samples. Meanwhile, sister application Record continues to develop too...

andypryce wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm
-Logic's folder stacks that add a VCA-like fader to the folder contents
You can make a folder track a vca or summing track in Studio One. Is that what you mean?
Yes, I want the folder to have a fader and act as a VCA for its contents. That's possible in S1? How do I accomplish that?
The groove baby, the groove...

beatmangler443 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:38 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm I wish Presonus would just add a feature request section to their forums. Most folks frequent the forums. I just found out about the Questions & Answers "page", by searching google. And it just adds an extra step to suggest or support feature requests.

I either added or voted up the following:
-Effect/send slots so that I can have all my EQs, for example, in slot #2 even with some channels having nothing in slot #1
-More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
-Better track/channel color differentiation

None of which seemed to be getting enough support for consideration. Something like color options and organization should be an easy add, not requiring everyone to vote on it. I only have experience with Pro Tools & Logic, but both had effect & send slots. Why would a DAW not provide that type of organization? Something else small enough not to gather support.

Great features! I wouldn't go back to Logic or Pro Tools aside from an emergency. But like others have said, they all seem to lack something.
They can't do everything at once. It stands out because of its workflow. They are doing things the right way.
I'm not asking them to do everything at once. I'm asking for a more accessible suggestion method.

Digivolt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm -More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:05 am This. You should be able to create your own custom color palette.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... e25888329e

Somebody made this

Yup, and I'll be downloading as soon as I get a chance. I would've sooner but I was under the impression the colors didn't apply to channels, and I like to keep tracks and channels colored the same. I was just informed the colors apply to both.

Speaking of crashes, I've been experiencing quite a few lately, most while loading/creating songs from templates. I'm on a Mac.

And my Komplete Kontrol disconnects regularly, losing control of VIs and S1.

My favorite DAW regarding features, but the most problems I've had with any DAW.

Digivolt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:14 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm -More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:05 am This. You should be able to create your own custom color palette.
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.p ... e25888329e

Somebody made this

Thanks for sharing this. That's exactly what I wanted to have.
Still, it's quite unfortunate that Presonus hasn't built this feature in to make it universal.
Will projects that use thre trackcolors addon still display the correct colors on a system that doesn't have the addon installed? Are there any compatibility issues like that to take into consideration?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I installed trackcolors on OSX and created a test song with custom colors. Then I opened the song on a different computer with Windows 10 without installing the trackcolors addon.

The custom colors were displayed correctly, despite the addon not being installed. Cross-platform, even. :tu:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

BezO wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:59 am Speaking of crashes, I've been experiencing quite a few lately, most while loading/creating songs from templates. I'm on a Mac.

And my Komplete Kontrol disconnects regularly, losing control of VIs and S1.

My favorite DAW regarding features, but the most problems I've had with any DAW.
The Komplete Kontrol issue is Native Instruments’ problem I think, put in a ticket with them. They have this same problem in a couple DAWs. I’m trying to get a ticket through to them but they’ve got this new “Support Tool” system you have to run which freezes and has a bunch of bugs of its own. So we’re just going back and forth troubleshooting the tool at this point lol.

As for the crashes, I think it’s because of how quickly they add features and how robust their file/template system is. Their “.song” has a ton of great unique features in it. So many, in fact, that .song files from old versions can have bugs in the new versions sometimes. So a lot of the really weird crashes I experience in 4.6 are only in 4.5 song files or templates. Kind of ironic lol since what good are old templates if you can’t open them? :ud:

Until they figure out exactly what’s causing it I’d try using Import Song Data on any file or template from before 4.6 that has issues like that to re-create it.

Re: Track Colors,

This looks really good - clean, colors are organized and sits perfectly in the Toolbar.

Thanks to Lawrence on the Presonus forum.

BezO wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:19 am
andypryce wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 pm
BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm
You can make a folder track a vca or summing track in Studio One. Is that what you mean?
Yes, I want the folder to have a fader and act as a VCA for its contents. That's possible in S1? How do I accomplish that?
After you create the Folder Track there is an option at the bottom of the track header. There you can choose Bus or VCA
Screenshot 2020-02-09 05.52.28.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oneway wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:53 pmThe Komplete Kontrol issue is Native Instruments’ problem I think, put in a ticket with them. They have this same problem in a couple DAWs. I’m trying to get a ticket through to them but they’ve got this new “Support Tool” system you have to run which freezes and has a bunch of bugs of its own. So we’re just going back and forth troubleshooting the tool at this point lol.
I did contact NI. According to them, Presonus took care of the implementation and would be the best to address my issue. However, NI continued some troubleshooting with me while waiting to hear from Presonus. Presonus closed my ticket saying they didn't have a KK to troubleshoot with.

My ticket with NI is still open and I get a suggestion and update every once in a while.

And I had no such issue with KK and Logic.
oneway wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:53 pmAs for the crashes, I think it’s because of how quickly they add features and how robust their file/template system is. Their “.song” has a ton of great unique features in it. So many, in fact, that .song files from old versions can have bugs in the new versions sometimes. So a lot of the really weird crashes I experience in 4.6 are only in 4.5 song files or templates. Kind of ironic lol since what good are old templates if you can’t open them? :ud:

Until they figure out exactly what’s causing it I’d try using Import Song Data on any file or template from before 4.6 that has issues like that to re-create it.
I'm fairly new to S1, starting with 4.5 only updating to 4.5.5 until recently. These crashes started as soon as I began doing some serious work. Not sure if it was 4.5 or 4.5.5. I held off on 4.6, waiting for a point update. I updated to 4.6.1 hoping that would help, but nothing.

I initiated a ticket for this and took the opportunity to throw in an update on the KK issue. Being quite discouraged to work and only working on my own stuff at the moment, I've not done much to reproduce these problems and send the the files they requested. Hopefully I get some time in tonight, though I'm not hoping any crashes or disconnects.

andypryce wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:54 amAfter you create the Folder Track there is an option at the bottom of the track header. There you can choose Bus or VCAScreenshot 2020-02-09 05.52.28.png
I'll try this tonight, but does this puts a fader ON the folder or buses it to the VCA?

A bit of a change on page 1....
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

In my Studio One latest (4.6) looked in

Cloud >> PreSonus Exchange >> Pitchnames

to find a mapping for XO. Couldn't see one, so wrote my own then had to work out how to install it then thought after that I'd upload it for other users, but after logging into the website and visiting exchange found someone had already uploaded an XO pitchlist in December

https://my.presonus.com/exchange/detail/1160

but, it doesn't show up within Studio One. In fact it seems there's a lot of stuff on the web site you can't see within the DAW itself - is there some setting/criteria that means things get hidden?

Would rather not have to redesign the wheel each time when people have already done the work (their XO pitchlist mapping was exactly the same as mine and would have saved me some time).

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I'm interested in knowing workflow techniques for how you all add FX to a certain piece of audio involving multiple bus/channels

Say for instance I want to filter my percussion from bar 45 to 49, but I have different percussion channels routed to different sends at the channel level and not bus level but I want the FX to apply on the send as well

Obviously I can't simply apply the filter with automation on the bus because it won't apply to the sends as they are setup pre bus, is the simplest method bouncing the audio and setting up its own channel just for that FX section ?

Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:28 pm I'm interested in knowing workflow techniques for how you all add FX to a certain piece of audio involving multiple bus/channels

Say for instance I want to filter my percussion from bar 45 to 49, but I have different percussion channels routed to different sends at the channel level and not bus level but I want the FX to apply on the send as well

Obviously I can't simply apply the filter with automation on the bus because it won't apply to the sends as they are setup pre bus, is the simplest method bouncing the audio and setting up its own channel just for that FX section ?
1. As you said... select your range or parts or however you laid them out and do a "Mixdown selection", which would bounce the bus fx and the sends as well ( don´t forget to add a tail to the render)
2. setup the sends for your percussions only and route the sends to the bus
Then you can do your filtering directly on the bus...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”