[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Trancit wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:40 pm 1. As you said... select your range or parts or however you laid them out and do a "Mixdown selection", which would bounce the bus fx and the sends as well ( don´t forget to add a tail to the render)
2. setup the sends for your percussions only and route the sends to the bus
Then you can do your filtering directly on the bus...
As I thought then, thanks

Today I find a new bug/quirk within Studio One, if I load up a project with UA-Fault on a channel it seems to screws up the PDC so the timing is off, if I turn the plug off and back on again it puts the proper PDC on and timing goes back to how it should be

No idea why this happens but it really shouldn't and it's rather annoying

When doing automation is there a way to type the value you want it to be ? :pray:

I like using shift for fine tune BUT it's really f**king annoying that it removes snap to grid and so any sway left or right with the mouse will cause it to not be on grid :evil:

So maybe there's a way for fine tune option but with only vertical movement as well ? :pray:

Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm Image

When doing automation is there a way to type the value you want it to be ? :pray:

I like using shift for fine tune BUT it's really f**king annoying that it removes snap to grid and so any sway left or right with the mouse will cause it to not be on grid :evil:

So maybe there's a way for fine tune option but with only vertical movement as well ? :pray:
If it´s a supported VST (like Presonus native or VST3) you can just rightclick an automation node and type in the values (in this case in Hz)

Trancit wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:17 pm If it´s a supported VST (like Presonus native or VST3) you can just rightclick an automation node and type in the values (in this case in Hz)
Never noticed it before even though I've used right click for deleting nodes :dog: :tu:

Is there any simple solution for VST2 ?

Digivolt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm ....

Is there any simple solution for VST2 ?
To my knowledge not... VST2 doesn´t support this behaviour somehow...

As the big Presonus Studio One 5.0 release steadily approaches in what is expected to be around this point in time in 3 months, things are hotting up somewhat. How many other DAWs are going to get burnt as it travels from the kiln to the chilling room is unknown. But as far as this thread and the updates I've made content wise to what has turned into a rather large and extended resource for a Studio One user on page one, things hotted up in the past week. Originally it was meant purely for release notes but it's slowly evolved into something more diverse and educational. Cherry picking what I think will be of interest and useful to a typical Studio One user along the way, out of the mass of information you can find out there.

In essence it's turning out like another huge blog thread big thread I have over on Reaktor Ensembles, which you can find on the Instruments forum of KVR. 13 years ago I once had huge a blog on 3DBuzz.com for 3D graphic production, and another on Bloggers.com called the Ultramedia Zone which contained a lot of stuff for Reason and 3D artists, so I've been creating resources for a long time now.

Page one in the past week, has had many changes and new sections added, including new videos, links to reviews and many changes to how this content is presented... There may be little changes here and there, but for now, until 5.0 arrives if there's not yet another point release, the amount of info I've added should be enough for you to learn a bit more about Studio One, you may not have known. ;-)

Just noticed and had thought, it had gone.. you can still find that Ultramedia Zone blog I have here... http://intrancersonicuz.blogspot.com/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Like I've said before - Just a vanity thread.

Aliens - You've already been banned at least once on this forum, you contribute nothing, and pretty much serve no purpose here imop...it's quite sad really...find a different hobby would be my advice.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:49 am Aliens - You've already been banned at least once on this forum, you contribute nothing, and pretty much serve no purpose here imop...it's quite sad really...find a different hobby would be my advice.
I certainly have not "already been banned at least once on this forum" at all... And nor should I be or have been, in fact, I've never garnered a single infraction since registering.
But here's a deal - You provide evidence to the contrary for your insinuating slur above and I'll never post here again - If you can't, you lock the thread and don't attempt to monopolise debate for the sake of quoting how many page views the topic has. :tu:

Why when exporting a mixdown if there already exists a file of the same name, it will not overwrite and instead become mixdown2 ? Why can't it just ask me if I want to rename or overwrite ? It's annoying having to go into the folder to delete it before I export, if I want multiple versions, I am quite capable of naming them myself

Oh and is there a way to turn just post FX on master off the same you can do with all inserts off/on command ?

Digivolt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm Why when exporting a mixdown if there already exists a file of the same name, it will not overwrite and instead become mixdown2 ? Why can't it just ask me if I want to rename or overwrite ? It's annoying having to go into the folder to delete it before I export, if I want multiple versions, I am quite capable of naming them myself

Oh and is there a way to turn just post FX on master off the same you can do with all inserts off/on command ?
To your first point, because generally, automatic overwriting of files by it's nature is destructive and losing a previous mixdown which may be better than your updated version, would be rather annoying for many. So incremented versions is a way to avoid that. That also negates the need to press yet another button in the export process which would become rather tedious. Infact you don't need to save to the default folder it saves to. Personally I relocate to the custom folder I save my songs and in the song name field, name them as required in my own incremented way. If you spend more time listening to a mix and fixing what you need before exporting it, that helps manage the amount of revisions you create. When you're completely happy, create a master folder and export to that and delete either the files individually or that of the whole folder in one go of incremented versions.

As for your post FX question, well not from macro list I can see. Presonus typically add new macro's during it's life cycle. So making a request on Answers or perhaps one of the social media avenue's to request that, may be an idea.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:01 am As the big Presonus Studio One 5.0 release steadily approaches in what is expected to be around this point in time in 3 months, things are hotting up somewhat. How many other DAWs are going to get burnt as it travels from the kiln to the chilling room is unknown. But as far as this thread and the updates I've made content wise to what has turned into a rather large and extended resource for a Studio One user on page one, things hotted up in the past week. Originally it was meant purely for release notes but it's slowly evolved into something more diverse and educational. Cherry picking what I think will be of interest and useful to a typical Studio One user along the way, out of the mass of information you can find out there.

In essence it's turning out like another huge blog thread big thread I have over on Reaktor Ensembles, which you can find on the Instruments forum of KVR. 13 years ago I once had huge a blog on 3DBuzz.com for 3D graphic production, and another on Bloggers.com called the Ultramedia Zone which contained a lot of stuff for Reason and 3D artists, so I've been creating resources for a long time now.

Page one in the past week, has had many changes and new sections added, including new videos, links to reviews and many changes to how this content is presented... There may be little changes here and there, but for now, until 5.0 arrives if there's not yet another point release, the amount of info I've added should be enough for you to learn a bit more about Studio One, you may not have known. ;-)

Just noticed and had thought, it had gone.. you can still find that Ultramedia Zone blog I have here... http://intrancersonicuz.blogspot.com/
According to a studio one beta tester don't expect Version 5 anytime soon.

beatmangler443 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm According to a studio one beta tester don't expect Version 5 anytime soon.
'Soon' is an unquantifiable word open to interpretation... I'll save posting the financial business talk and reasoning paragraph I just created..

beatmangler443 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:20 pm According to a studio one beta tester don't expect Version 5 anytime soon.
Till end of may there is still a bit time... :hihi:

INTRANCER was almost exactly spot on with the last major release date, so, I really wouldn't bet on this. :D

Also, the release schedule shows a trend towards earlier releases. On version 3, version 3.5 came within 2 years of the intitial 3.0 release, and, 4.0 came a 4 years after that, and, version 4.5 came a year after the release of version 4.0, so, yeah... I really think Presonus will speed up its release cycle. For the good or worse.

I don't really expect it in the next months though. But, could be wrong.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”