[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Igro wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:43 am I wish Presonus updated their EQ.
Yep... It´s basically a nice EQ but I badly miss a Q on the HP/LP ... never have seen an EQ in the last 25 years missing resonance in the HP/LP filters... weird decision imho...

trusampler wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:23 am Studio one needs a better browser for tagging samples for v 5
I find there are more than enough decent sample browsers out there (even for free) doing the job far better than every internal browser ever could...
So please Presonus don´t waste your time on that... concentrate on what is not easily doable with a little addon!! 8)

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:47 am
rmacattack wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pm Presonus should focus on the producer/songwriter market I think. I have that and Logic X. Ableton, Imageline are eating it up right now lol. Watch for NI. Just saw this today "Our ultimate goal is to get to a point where you can produce tracks start to finish in MASCHINE and we will continue working towards this point step by step, one feature at a time. I’m looking very much forward to the journey ahead of us and I hope that the upcoming release will be a welcome workflow addition to many of you!"

It's over when NI allow you to do full songs in Maschine using Komplete Kontrol/Maschine. Speaking for those that produce for artist especially pop/electronic/rnb/hip hop.
Honestly, NI are pretty much a threat to nobody when it comes to current DAWs on the market, even with their controllers at hand, and in case you didn't know, Native Instruments has had a bit of a personnel crisis in the past year with lay-offs, so I wouldn't expect anything quick to come with them...They have been exceptionally quiet compared to previous years.. Image Line isn't a bed of roses either, with its contradiction of conventions which personally as dance music producer I've found to be forever infuriating. Studio One is essentially an all round DAW that sits in the middle of the floor that grabs all the other good bits of other DAWS that scurry around in their corners doing their thing for who they think their target market is, but in a way that caters to all producers regardless of the music they create and hardware they have for the most part.
I highly doubt you have any influence on Studio One's development. You might have suggestions that others might have. But I bet you wouldn't beat me out if they needed somebody to use the Atom and modern day features showcasing features that fits todays market. Even if your friends with them on Facebook or whatever they wouldn't tell you anything.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:47 am
rmacattack wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pm Presonus should focus on the producer/songwriter market I think. I have that and Logic X. Ableton, Imageline are eating it up right now lol. Watch for NI. Just saw this today "Our ultimate goal is to get to a point where you can produce tracks start to finish in MASCHINE and we will continue working towards this point step by step, one feature at a time. I’m looking very much forward to the journey ahead of us and I hope that the upcoming release will be a welcome workflow addition to many of you!"

It's over when NI allow you to do full songs in Maschine using Komplete Kontrol/Maschine. Speaking for those that produce for artist especially pop/electronic/rnb/hip hop.
Honestly, NI are pretty much a threat to nobody when it comes to current DAWs on the market, even with their controllers at hand, and in case you didn't know, Native Instruments has had a bit of a personnel crisis in the past year with lay-offs, so I wouldn't expect anything quick to come with them...They have been exceptionally quiet compared to previous years.. Image Line isn't a bed of roses either, with its contradiction of conventions which personally as dance music producer I've found to be forever infuriating. Studio One is essentially an all round DAW that sits in the middle of the floor that grabs all the other good bits of other DAWS that scurry around in their corners doing their thing for who they think their target market is, but in a way that caters to all producers regardless of the music they create and hardware they have for the most part.
They aren't a threat to you because you probably don't fit into the market that they are targeting with DJ's/Producers. I do both...

antic604 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:20 am
rmacattack wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pmIt's over when NI allow you to do full songs in Maschine using Komplete Kontrol/Maschine. Speaking for those that produce for artist especially pop/electronic/rnb/hip hop.
You can already do that with Live + Push and I don't see other DAWs dying...
From the Online Review
"I was a long time Push 1 user, got a Maschine MK3 and liked it way more. Then decided to get a Push 2 since I had already been invested in Live for so long and wanted the best of the best. Loved the way the Push 2 looked, but didn't like the functionality and workflow changes. Wayyyy too many tabs of different parameters which made it more difficult to reach the ones I used regularly. Eventually sold the Push 2, kept the MK3, and I use a Launchpad Pro with the Native Kontrol scripts that emulate some Push features I missed.

For me, Maschine and the MK3 are just much easier to start up a project with. Excellent Browsing, terrific sounds and FX, Komplete Integration ( k10 user before using Ableton), and a controller that I literally never need to use the computer with aside from naming a file after saving. Hell, the fact that I can save my projects from the controllerwas a huge deciding factor. Quick saves for days. Arrangement and automation is completely possible, just unique. Once you get your head around the process it becomes very easy and intuitive. I suggest getting Live Intro or Standard to compliment it for mixing/arrangment/warping purposes, but Maschine with literally almost any linear DAW can be quite powerful."

All in all this is a very subjective subject as others have stated. I would highly suggest trying both if you can to see which resonates best for you. I absolutely love both, but NI definitely killed it in the hardware realm for me.

There's times when I wish Presonus wouldn't put 3 different interaction aspects on one interaction point, and hide options you expect to see by left clicking on elements that jump out at you, and that you would expect to see some reference to by some sort of arrow fly out or basic listing. Sigh... In case you're wondering...what I'm talking about I've added a new section to page one you can discover. I'm sure there are many other examples I can find and add there over time... I'm probably gonna have my hands full..finding those in version 5, I bet.

In a previous post I corrected, I mentioned you couldn't create your own custom bars, which of course isn't the case, you can of course. Presonus call these 'Pages', which isn't all that clear in terminology as 'Add Macro Bar' would be. As for the button to activate the menu to give access to the ability to create a macro bar. It's accessible from two places, one being directly above the dropdown menu in an invisible space and the other from the right clicking on the drop down menu itself. Hovering over the top part as with the other macro buttons does make the GUI look like there is some sort of graphic glitchiness going on with the GUI, which isn't exactly appealing even though it's supposed to indicate some interaction happening but it really isn't obvious at all what that might be. I think this is another aspect that stems from the Touch UI element part of Studio One, and as someone that has been using a mouse with precision since 1989 to click things and with key visual indicators like cogs that indicate the core of the machines functions, it's easy to miss things, because they are not clearly identifiable from the UI.

More arrows and indicators in Studio One would help make things clearer for users from the outset and as particularly as people get older and the application changes and evolves.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I'm so tired of the f**king bugs in this DAW, I have had a song for 3 weeks with 1 single kontakt instrument just for playing around with one of the piano libs I have, for 3 weeks it has worked fine with my midi keyboard, today I load it and for some reason the midi does not play the instrument. The midi is coming through as I can see it saying the notes on "input chord" but it's not going to the instrument, I can click notes on the piano roll and it works, disable and enable does nothing, I can add a new instrument and midi works as normal, disconnecting keyboard does nothing, deleting and replacing the keyboard does nothing the only way I can get it working is by making a new instrument track and routing the midi, it's like the midi has just been randomly shut off on that one track. It's just another one of the annoying f**king trollish quirks that S1 seems to be full of where things work fine until they don't for absolutely no reason but f**k you user :evil:

Are you on Windows or Mac OS?

Windows, the irony is I'm using a T6 from Nektar which supposedly has superior integration with S1, yet I've noticed this issue a few times, I would troubleshoot it but it's literally impossible as nothing has changed from when it was working yesterday to it not working today, nothing new installed, nothing deleted so I have no idea why this behaviour happens but it's down right annoying, it's like the track has randomly decided to just ignore all incoming midi unless it's manually entered on the piano roll, except for if I create a new track and route midi from that into the Kontakt instrument, then it will accept midi. Or I can just create new Kontakt track and it accepts midi from the keyboard again only the new kontakt track.

Weird stuff, definitely shouldn't happen with such a common thing.

Actually, I remember I had something like that once as well. Never really happened again, so, I didn't bother.

Trancit wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:35 pm
trusampler wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:23 am Studio one needs a better browser for tagging samples for v 5
I find there are more than enough decent sample browsers out there (even for free) doing the job far better than every internal browser ever could...
So please Presonus don´t waste your time on that... concentrate on what is not easily doable with a little addon!! 8)
I could easily say the same thing for their in house eq's ,comps, or anything for that matter. I won't though,as i could give a shit less. I repeat Studio One needs a better browser. The idea, my request is any less important then anything anyone else said in this thread,is f**king retarded. We're all just killing time, as Presonus is going to do whatever they want to do, and I could care less if another person agrees. Don't police my requests though. thnx.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:13 pm I repeat Studio One needs a better browser.
Care to explain / list what you expect from a better browser, in Studio One ? If you don't make them known and have people vote on them, then you'll never be satisfied...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:09 am
trusampler wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:13 pm I repeat Studio One needs a better browser.
Care to explain / list what you expect from a better browser, in Studio One ? If you don't make them known and have people vote on them, then you'll never be satisfied...
He already did... he wants tagging and better search and everything else 3rd party sample browsers do...

trusampler wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:13 pm I could easily say the same thing for their in house eq's ,comps, or anything for that matter. I won't though,as i could give a shit less. I repeat Studio One needs a better browser. The idea, my request is any less important then anything anyone else said in this thread,is f**king retarded. We're all just killing time, as Presonus is going to do whatever they want to do, and I could care less if another person agrees. Don't police my requests though. thnx.
With the difference that I would guess not more of perhaps 1% of S1 users would extensively make use out of advanced tagging features and everything else related ... I i.e. couldn´t care less...
while the majority use the native plugins from time to time...

I admit though that the search function in S1 is horrible and could be improved a lot...

Trancit wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:56 am He already did... he wants tagging and better search and everything else 3rd party sample browsers do...
Tagging in what context ? It already exists with the browser. You have a list of tags you can click on to filter the results you want to find and you can tag instruments and effects so they are made favourites. When you ask for things, you need to be explicitly clear in what they are...

My point is...what exactly does someone want in regard to the browser, and I say that in the context of not creating a bloated complex mess of a browser that is harder to use ?

If one can define what they are, have them clearly defined with a good reason, then people will vote.

Since the release of 4.6, I already have around 60 up votes regarding the Shop Tab and what Presonus should do with it on Presonus Answers and given that this is a visual aspect, it's quite high in such a short space of time.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”