[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Is there an update on it's way?
It's such a lovely looking DAW, It would be wicked if they can improve stability on the Mac version.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:00 pm Is there an update on it's way?
It's such a lovely looking DAW, It would be wicked if they can improve stability on the Mac version.
As mentioned earlier a few pages back, the release is predicted to land somewhere between the end of the 3rd to 4th week of May, but with Europe and now most of the world now having been told to stay at home for all but essential services and jobs that can't be performed without adequate social distancing...it's like everything else these days, difficult to predict what if anything lays ahead a month from now.

With software development and the technology we have vie various communications these days, it's much less of an issue than what it might have been in say the 1990's. Providing that the development team have avoided any health issues in the past few months and the next, it's release really shouldn't be too far away from the usual ETA time. It wouldn't be surprising that they may hold off the release till early to mid June I'd imagine, to give some extra time for development and testing due to the lockdown.

In any case and providing that Presonus doesn't move the goal posts, there will be a 60 day grace period in which you will be able to upgrade for free to version 5.0, if you have already bought and registered Studio One 4.5 from them. Any significant sale prices of Studio One 5.. will expectedly land during the latter end of November I would think and that typically provides pricing of half that it is normally.

These points are really more of realistic expectations... but if Presonus do manage to stick to the predicted release schedule without any compromises then that will be some achievement, and rather exciting for all music producers to see because when Presonus does major updates, they deliver a lot.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:50 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:00 pm Is there an update on it's way?
As mentioned earlier a few pages back, the release is predicted to land somewhere between the end of the 3rd to 4th week of May, but with Europe and now most of the world now having been told to stay at home for all but essential services and jobs that can't be performed without adequate social distancing...it's like everything else these days, difficult to predict what if anything lays ahead a month from now.

With software development and the technology we have vie various communications these days, it's much less of an issue than what it might have been in say the 1990's. Providing that none of the development team have avoided any health issues in the past few months and the next, it's release really shouldn't be too far away from the usual ETA time. It wouldn't be surprising that they may hold off the release till early to mid June I'd imagine, to give some extra time for development and testing due to the lockdown.

In any case and providing that Presonus doesn't move the goal posts, there will be a 90 day grace period in which you will be able to upgrade for free to version 5.0, if you have already bought and registered Studio One 4.5 from them. Any significant't sale prices of Studio One 5.. will expectedly land during the latter end of November I would think and that typically provides pricing of half that it is normally.

These points are really more of realistic expectations... but if Presonus do manage to stick to the predicted release schedule without any compromises then that will be some achievement, and rather exciting for all music producers to see because when Presonus does major updates, they deliver a lot.
Thanks man, much appreciated.

In any case and providing that Presonus doesn't move the goal posts, there will be a 90 day grace period in which you will be able to upgrade for free to version 5.0, if you have already bought and registered Studio One 4.5 from them. Any significant sale prices of Studio One 5.. will expectedly land during the latter end of November I would think and that typically provides pricing of half that it is normally.
I actually called Sales at Presonus and asked If I upgraded from V2 to V4.x now, would I get a free upgrade to V5 if it was released shortly after I upgraded. I was told, that I would get a free upgrade to V5 if I had purchased the upgrade for V4x before the 30 days after V5 was released. So It looks like you only get 30 days and afterward you have to purchase another upgrade.

Not sure if other salespeople are saying the same thing or they changed their upgrade policy
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

dlt123 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:24 am

In any case and providing that Presonus doesn't move the goal posts, there will be a 90 day grace period in which you will be able to upgrade for free to version 5.0, if you have already bought and registered Studio One 4.5 from them. Any significant sale prices of Studio One 5.. will expectedly land during the latter end of November I would think and that typically provides pricing of half that it is normally.
I actually called Sales at Presonus and asked If I upgraded from V2 to V4.x now, would I get a free upgrade to V5 if it was released shortly after I upgraded. I was told, that I would get a free upgrade to V5 if I had purchased the upgrade for V4x before the 30 days after V5 was released. So It looks like you only get 30 days and afterward you have to purchase another upgrade.

Not sure if other salespeople are saying the same thing or they changed their upgrade policy
That 90 day is a typo, it should be 60 days as I previously posted and linked to a few pages down in this thread :oops: , (I'll change that) This was for those first purchasing 3.0 however in that time period.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... dio-One-3-

But yeah... those upgrading prior to version 4, look to have a different grace period time... Picking the right time to upgrade this year to get the free update isn't exactly bullet proof because of what's going on... normally purchasing in May is a safe bet, but you just don't know...

Their current sale ends on April 30, so that's quite an ominous thing in regard to timing one can read into.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Yeah but Presonus have regular sales. Its pretty difficult to buy S1 at full price ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I doubt that you can get Studio One and upgrades for half price though until Black Friday this year. IF they really release version 5 in May. Still hope that they don't go with the others, and have that upgrade insanity every 2 years.

Not that I have to upgrade when it will be released. I'll surely wait until Black Friday if they do. Or don't upgrade at all, if the features don't appeal to me. Dunno, a version every 2 years seems excessive (Cubase said to say hello), but, the people seem to buy, so...

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:38 am I doubt that you can get Studio One and upgrades for half price though until Black Friday this year. IF they really release version 5 in May. Still hope that they don't go with the others, and have that upgrade insanity every 2 years.

Not that I have to upgrade when it will be released. I'll surely wait until Black Friday if they do. Or don't upgrade at all, if the features don't appeal to me. Dunno, a version every 2 years seems excessive (Cubase said to say hello), but, the people seem to buy, so...
I actually think it would be beneficial if they released it for half the price they normally do in the first 2 weeks, so they would have people buy it and upgrade to it from the outset. That way they have more people buying Studio One sooner, more people will be able to report bugs and any issues from the outset, and it would encourage new users or other users of other DAWS to switch. This would negate people waiting for Black Friday to come. It could simply be kinda like a loyalty discount, and they could simply make this offer only from Presonus directly rather than through the middle stores.

---- My message to DAW developers...
The world has changed a lot in the past 4 months, people are struggling to make ends meat and the world is in crisis... I really do think that some developers of DAWs need to rethink how they release their products going forward in these unsettled and anxious times.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:18 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:38 am I doubt that you can get Studio One and upgrades for half price though until Black Friday this year. IF they really release version 5 in May. Still hope that they don't go with the others, and have that upgrade insanity every 2 years.

I actually think it would be beneficial if they released it for half the price they normally do in the first 2 weeks, so they would have people buy it and upgrade to it from the outset. That way they have more people buying Studio One sooner, more people will be able to report bugs and any issues from the outset, and it would encourage new users or other users of other DAWS to switch. This would negate people waiting for Black Friday to come. It could simply be kinda like a loyalty discount, and they could simply make this offer only from Presonus directly rather than through the middle stores.
Totally agree. :tu: 179 € is a bit steep really.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:23 pm
Totally agree. :tu: 179 € is a bit steep really.
It would be as cool as the music from Tangerine Dream that's on page one of this thread... I think :-)

---- My message to DAW developers...
The world has changed a lot in the past 4 months, people are struggling to make ends meat and the world is in crisis... I really do think that some developers of DAWs need to rethink how they release their products going forward in these unsettled and anxious times.
Making ends meet to buy or upgrade a daw is still a first world problem
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

New updates today:

High resolution reference keyboard images added plus a new modern backlit glass lit like one.
Reference videos 10 seconds in length for each of them, so they can be opened within Studio One Pro's video. Video resolution for these are set at 2K. Minor tweaks and adjustments to the initial images were applied since the first keyboard reference images were uploaded. :-)

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:20 am Yeah but Presonus have regular sales. Its pretty difficult to buy S1 at full price ;)
They have actually have a sale right now.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:40 pm New updates today:

High resolution reference keyboard images added plus a new modern backlit glass lit like one.
Reference videos 10 seconds in length for each of them, so they can be opened within Studio One Pro's video. Video resolution for these are set at 2K. Minor tweaks and adjustments to the initial images were applied since the first keyboard reference images were uploaded. :-)
No new updates showing up here?

I got to the point I only buy music software stuff on Sale or if I have some sort of money off voucher like NI does . Now hardware stuff is a different story I bought the Launchpad X on release day and usually if hardware goes on sale is because a newer version is coming out . Now if the old one is good enough I'll get it on sale or get a used one even cheaper . Wish I was like that about old software .

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”