[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

3 things I want and that's literally all I feel I need from this daw:
1. A hardware instrument with latency compensation.
2. Some kind of useful step sequencer device.
3. VST Plugin sandboxing.

:pray:

rodanmusic wrote:3 things I want and that's literally all I feel I need from this daw:

I'm very interested to see what they add cause I have no clue. I'm pretty satisfied with Studio One as is but here's my wishlist (your #2 is my top choice).

1. Step sequencer for drums ...perhaps somehow integrated with a upgraded impact XT :)
2. One automation lane for channel fx macro controls. Cannot believe this hasn't been fixed yet.
2. Better samplers...right now they are too basic (ie no timestretch). Something along the lines of Ableton simpler.
3. Native mod options (ie LFOs, Envelopes). Maybe as part of the macro controls section where they already have x/y.
4. Any composing/songwriting tools (chord assist, tracks etc)
5. More Note FX
6. Import session. I don't even need it but know its a top request for tons of ppl.

We shall see. I remember the lead up to S1v3 and how excited / blown away I was watching the live reveal. Here's to S1v4 being just as mindblowing :)
Last edited by koshal on Fri May 11, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Something is brewing..... :love:

Like with past S1 updates I'll be all... Watch the video... Like it but decide it's not worth $199... Wait until the sales and they sell it off for $89 at jrr...Then buy it.

Should give them enough time to fix the bugs and iron out the faults that come with most updates.

the four dots are for the four images
May 22
June 26
July 24
August 21
On which date will S1 4 be released

I'm sticking with my August prediction guess. :cry: :lol:

And

I am always right except when I am wrong!

And

I hope that I am wrong this ONE time and it is May 22.

We got version 3 on May 20th. So hopefuly may 22 is 4 :D

SO4 Wishlist:

-Chord Track
-Expression Maps
-Open up NoteFX lane to all MidiVst's
-Add some depth and roundedness to the GUI....
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote:SO4 Wishlist:

-Chord Track
-Expression Maps
-Open up NoteFX lane to all MidiVst's
-Add some depth and roundedness to the GUI....
No doubt VST midi fx have bee neglected by all the DAW's.
Also would be nice to have the equivalent of the Cubase Logical Editor, Transformer and Input Transformer.
Adapt the VST 3.5 Midi Expression Maps. Or are they called something else?

Aliens wrote:Like with past S1 updates I'll be all... Watch the video... Like it but decide it's not worth $199... Wait until the sales and they sell it off for $89 at jrr...Then buy it.

Should give them enough time to fix the bugs and iron out the faults that come with most updates.
This!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Aliens wrote:Like with past S1 updates I'll be all... Watch the video... Like it but decide it's not worth $199... Wait until the sales and they sell it off for $89 at jrr...Then buy it.

Upgrades from Studio One 1 & 2 Professional to 3.5 costs around £110 or $149 US, which was what I paid for it on release. You wouldn't get Studio One Professional for £60 or $80 US, unless someone was selling it to you, but even then, the seller incurs a transfer licence fee. The only other exception is the Educational license which I don't believe to be able to be resold. If you're going from Artist to Professional, then the fee would be obviously higher. If Studio One is your primary daw of choice, you like what you see / want ...I'll predict that you will be selling your hamster to get it...regardless of any bugs there may or may not be that affect you.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Be sure to check around on other sites too. I paid $126 to update S1v2 professional to S1v3 professional from Audiodeluxe the day it was released. I'd say that's a pretty reasonable price for an update.

2018 will be a banner year for major DAW updates
S1 v4
Reaper 6
FL Studio 20
Samplitude Pro X4
Mulab 8
Cubase 10
Mixcraft 9

Waveform 9 already released

Did I miss any DAW?

This is the year of the DOG DAW.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat May 12, 2018 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm confused about the new free Fat Channel plugs https://shop.presonus.com/products/new- ... nus-Bundle

Are is that the same as this:

https://shop.presonus.com/products/Chan ... Collection

THE INTRANCER wrote: Upgrades from Studio One 1 & 2 Professional to 3.5 costs around £110 or $149 US, which was what I paid for it on release. You wouldn't get Studio One Professional for £60 or $80 US, unless someone was selling it to you, but even then, the seller incurs a transfer licence fee. The only other exception is the Educational license which I don't believe to be able to be resold. If you're going from Artist to Professional, then the fee would be obviously higher.
I know how much the updates were, thanks for that.
THE INTRANCER wrote:If Studio One is your primary daw of choice, you like what you see / want ...I'll predict that you will be selling your hamster to get it...regardless of any bugs there may or may not be that affect you.
Not quite, this boi don't fan the way some appear to, so unless it's totally game changing, which I predict it won't be, I'll buy the update in a deal after the early adopters have shed all their bug tears and it's cheap... Just like usual.

rodanmusic wrote:3 things I want and that's literally all I feel I need from this daw:

1. Wasnt pipline plugin made for that in s1 already?
2. I think arpegiator is not good :)
3. What is that?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”