[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

SLiC wrote:
Riansky wrote:Step freaking sequencer! That's exactly what I needed. And new SampleOne XT! I'm dissapointed tho that they didn't do a single thing on a GUI side. I mean we still have those ugly waveforms..
There have been GUI changes and improvements (especily to the mixer) but you realy need to run it (hopefully later tpoday!) to see it.
Yes, they also added a bit of 3D-ish pop shadows ans separators for the Mute/Solo buttons and group them differently, similar to Cubase's new lower section mixer, which indeed looks nicer now and not as flat and boring as v3.x.
Also they've changed custom colors to more "eye pleasing" ones, easpecially in mixer area, it looks more natural to me.
Overall there is a slght improvement of GUI with expanded customization for ligher look, and now optionally we can set colors of tracks, mixer and arrange to be the same ones as in V2 (minus more 3D-ness of V2 interface elements) which I prefer to v3.x.
No major changes in customization of GUI but definitely step up from 3.x look. I wish they changed that tiny slim font also, it's very weird and somehow it doesn't fit this type of program, it's more suited for phone app, like new flat and boring android style "fancy" apps, but well ...

149 dollars for an upgrade? Where do you see this? That's damn a lot.

It's the normal upgrade price for Studio One Pro.

Igro wrote:149 dollars for an upgrade? Where do you see this? That's damn a lot.
Jrr
$125 with voucher
Amazon: why not use an alternative

After Ableton 9 to 10 299$ and Cubase every .5 upgrade, this 149$ to be very cheap for new version!
Igro wrote:149 dollars for an upgrade? Where do you see this? That's damn a lot.

Stan Navi wrote:After Ableton 9 tp 10 299$ and Cubase every .5 upgrade, this 149$ to be very cheap for new version!
Yeh, and historically you get a lot of free update in the life cycle including a bigish so all in all for a 3 yearly update cycle with more new stuff undoubtedly to follow (ARA2 etc) its good value assuming the uipdates are of use to you!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I really loved this Studio One a lotttttttttt

SLiC wrote:
Stan Navi wrote:After Ableton 9 tp 10 299$ and Cubase every .5 upgrade, this 149$ to be very cheap for new version!
Yeh, and historically you get a lot of free update in the life cycle including a bigish so all in all for a 3 yearly update cycle with more new stuff undoubtedly to follow (ARA2 etc) its good value assuming the uipdates are of use to you!
It's 4 years free updates, all in all. I'd rather see it a bit more cheap as well, like 100 € or so, but, it is how it is. I figure they also get a bit less full price purchases, because they give away Studio One Artist with about any hardware they sell, AFAIK.

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They seem to be suggesting it will detect chords from audio etc and you can re-harmonise and change the key of an entire (audio) track or just change the bridge to say a minor key...seems pretty cool!

SLiC wrote:
They seem to be suggesting it will detect chords from audio etc and you can re-harmonise and change the key of an entire (audio) track or just change the bridge to say a minor key...seems pretty cool!
Chord Track is a feature that I miss from the Yamaha QY sequencers. In the QY, you define a pattern in a particular key, associated with a chord. Then you put a series of chords on the Chord Track and it reharmonizes your patterns to match the current chord. It's a very handy tool for quickly sketching out a song. I am hoping it will work in a similar way in Studio One.

lol Studio One now looks even more like an amateur theme of Reaper. Those impact and sampler improvements seem sick though and finally they are doing something for the electronic music producers

Its all a bit back to the future 1990s.

Step sequencer - tick

Sampler that actually samples - tick

Chord track - tick.

Drum machines - tick

Happy bygone days.

Makes me all nostalgic for all the old hardware :hihi:

dellboy wrote:Its all a bit back to the future 1990s.

Step sequencer - tick

Sampler that actually samples - tick

Chord track - tick.

Drum machines - tick

Happy bygone days.

Makes me all nostalgic for all the old hardware :hihi:
I never thought about it like that, but you are right!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”