[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

An interesting video for the 4.1.1 update...
Part 1
https://youtu.be/1Tdv8jwVeFk

Part 2
https://youtu.be/zBvDNdnPsvE
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 pm Downloaded Studio One Prime, how do I split an automation track? The split tool doesn't work on the automation and I can't find anything in the manual.
There are no automation tracks, but there are automation lanes on tracks. Create an automation lane for any parameter you want to automate.

If you let us know what you are trying to do by splitting an automation lane, can probably offer more helpful stuff.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 pm Downloaded Studio One Prime, how do I split an automation track? The split tool doesn't work on the automation and I can't find anything in the manual.
You can't because it's not how the automation feature functions. If you want zero activity, you set the automation point to the lowest value of zero. On the same line where you have set the value of zero, you can choose to continue from point zero or that of anywhere to one hundred to the next point position.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

im demoin studio one pro, seems to be not really CPU friendly? i thought fl studio would be bad but studio one doesnt seem any better so far even worse? any tips?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:27 pm im demoin studio one pro, seems to be not really CPU friendly? i thought fl studio would be bad but studio one doesnt seem any better so far even worse? any tips?
Different DAWS, with different settings...

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... ow-latency

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... gMRdJ-MvNU

Vortifex wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:51 pm
I want to split off the end of an automation track leaving just the part I highlighted in the image, and then copy/paste that section into parts of the track:

You can copy, edit point value, cut, delete, and paste (CTRL+V)... you need to zoom in a bit, right click your mouse button and the popup will appear. It can be a single point or a group of them.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 am Here's what I want to do:
To have the points in a container clip like fashion and to be able to move and copy them them, select the points and double click whilst in cursor mode. This will create a clip (as you would normally have for anything like midi notes for example). The points within the clip area can be moved and copied as I think you'll want. Select the lower half of the clip and hold the ALT key (this is on the PC btw) to copy the points within along with the clip area. You can also move the points within the clip, and you can select the edge of the clip area to move the clip away from the points you selected.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:04 am Your patience is much appreciated :D

When I select the automation points they glow white but double clicking them deletes them. Not sure where else I'm supposed to double click because when I click anywhere else they get deselected.
Simply don't double click on the points as that deletes them, double click anywhere around them or from anywhere for that matter on the sequencer lanes to create a container for them to follow. You can go even further in point editing with the transform tool, which provides practically infinite ways to position points manually.

OT, I spent about 3 years on the presonus forum on a daily basis providing technical help for users of the program... my honest straight outspoke ways ruffled feathers though in that church run like community (terrible moderators).

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This interests me as well as automation is easy in fl studio but also cumbersome with 3rd party plugins and you always have to make sections unique etc....

@vortifex. Why do you use studio one as fl studio user? Cause i demo studio one as a fl studio user
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”