[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

AdvancedFollower wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:27 amI'm just a hobbyist, so these bugs aren't the end of the world to me. However a bug like this could downright damage the career of a professional producer, if they update their DAW and suddenly start sending tracks with sloppy volume automation to clients.
I am guessing that professional producers who use Studio One cautiously hold back a bit before installing a major new release to let hobbyists, like us, ferret out those critical bugs that may have slipped past QA during the rush to release. Unfortunately for them, I am the kind of hobbyist who tends to ferret out only the most obscure of bugs which most folks will never need to be concerned about. :hihi:
Last edited by tonedef71 on Thu May 30, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:40 pm I am guessing that professional producers who use Studio One cautiously hold back a bit before installing a major new release to let hobbyist's, like us, ferret out those critical bugs that may have slipped past QA during the rush to release. Unfortunately for them, I am the kind of hobbyist who tends to ferret out only the most obscure of bugs which most folks will never need to be concerned about. :hihi:
With Studio One, it doesn't matter if you're a Professional or Bobbiest user, you can still update to the latest version whilst still retaining the installation of your previous version and run that, providing you take caution in opening and saving files. Not sure if this is the same with other DAWs like Cubase for example.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

True but since a song saved in the new version is not backwards compatible with older versions, this is of limited use. If you use Studio One professionally, my suggestion is to wait at least a month or two after a major update, and just stay on the current version. Unfortunately, it has become the norm rather than an exception that any major update to this DAW breaks some kind of core functionality.

The song saving compatibility doesn’t apply to point updates, only like version 2 to version 3 to version 4 etc

https://nektartech.com/studio-one-daw-c ... n9RRRyDwOA

It's here finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-SWnYGNcQI

Seems it's only for the T4 & T6 ?

Odd that they don't do support for P1 & P6 :?

I see it in my account for the p4. I plan on testing it tonight.

rodanmusic wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:37 pm I see it in my account for the p4. I plan on testing it tonight.
Yeah I saw on their news feed, they've gone with doing 2 announcements, one for the T series & one for P series, odd way to do it but at least we've all got support

I wonder if it's possible to run 2 units together ie a P6 + P1 or T6 + P1 or would there be conflicts ?

I'll add this to page one, but anyway, if you've forgot about all the little things that they put into 4.5, here's a nice little video that will spark some creativity, if you've not seen or used it...

https://youtu.be/Qs5rqM5CSY8

In addition to that, and something I requested on 'Answers' way back in 2016, was this... and funny enough that's what was provided in 4.5. :-D.. Mirroring...

https://answers.presonus.com/6990/reque ... 6990#q6990
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Just purchased a studio one pro license from the market place .
Funny , because I actually don't like traditional daw's at all , being a heavy tracker renoise user .
Studio one on the other hand feels slick and fast.
There is one issue and hope it can be resolved , all vst plugins have a big header on top for the settings and in some cases I can't resize the plugin ( loomer architect ) because the resize handele ( lower right corner ) is unreachable .
So is there an easy way to minimize the top header/settings ?

Also , is there a way to use all the keys of the pc keyboard ( instead of the top row only ) as a keyboard ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:13 pm Studio one on the other hand feels slick and fast.
That's the reason i'm using it. :tu:
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:13 pm Also , is there a way to use all the keys of the pc keyboard ( instead of the top row only ) as a keyboard ?
Unfortunately, no. That's the issue i always had with the virtual MIDI keyboard. I bought a Arturia MiniLab mk2 for that reason.

So is it safe to now go with v4.5.1 without a negative surprise?
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:05 am In the midi lane , when choosing cuttof , studio one actually sends resonance (cc71) instead of cc74
ANd the othe other way around , resonance is sending cc74 instead of cc71
Fixed?

Also a bit confused on Nektartech:
will Impact LX series be supported at some point?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

It's just a matter of renaming the parameter .
Just rename resonance to cutoff and vice versa
Eyeball exchanging

Too bad the audio cache folder for warped /timestretch results are not deleted .
If you have a song with some audio files which are saved ,and you do audio bend edits , the results are stored in your cache audio folder and stay there
So you will have to manually remove them
Eyeball exchanging

Damn it I just gort a hadcore crash doing some bend edits
Studio one just froze on me , can't even delete it from task manager
Only option is to reset pc ..
Eyeball exchanging

And again , just froze when doing some audio edits.
Individual audio samples on the timeline creating a basic rhytm

I have just purchased it today on the marketplace after a week of demoing it .
Needless to say , I am reselling this asap .
What a serious letdown .
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”