[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:13 pm
So is there an easy way to minimize the top header/settings ?

Also , is there a way to use all the keys of the pc keyboard ( instead of the top row only ) as a keyboard ?
To the first question no. I had similar feelings when I first started using it, but it's grown on me.

To your second question I don't think so, at least not natively in S1. If it's that much of an issue you could get a small midi keyboard.

Gentleclockdivider, you on Mac by any chance? Not that it should matter to you but anecdotal evidence suggests S1 is buggier on OS-X.

Noppes win 10
I love working with single hits on the timeline ( one of reapers strength's ) , but studio one just keeps locking up on me
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Please report every bug you encounter to Presonus, so they know about it, and can improve stability, if they can reproduce and confirm it. Posting about it here is pretty pointless.

oneway wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:15 am The song saving compatibility doesn’t apply to point updates, only like version 2 to version 3 to version 4 etc
Not always true. For example the channel gain and phase settings wouldn't transfer from 4.5 to 4.1, since this feature wasn't available previously (this was handled by a plugin).
Besides, when you're already dealing with Beta-quality updates from PreSonus, adding even more variables by bouncing songs between versions in a potentially poorly tested manner doesn't seem like the best idea.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm And again , just froze when doing some audio edits.
Individual audio samples on the timeline creating a basic rhytm

I have just purchased it today on the marketplace after a week of demoing it .
Needless to say , I am reselling this asap .
What a serious letdown .
Been using S1 since version 2.6 (Nov 2014), never had Studio One crash doing any audio editing in any version.(excluding v4.01 as I didn't buy it till November 2018).

For me, Studio One has been very stable and any crash has been due to factors caused by dodgy plugins, some that have come from the free Focusrite ones that have been given away, or simply due to drives which have parked themselves and failed to speed up fast enough, and lack of virtual disk space on the main operating system drive. Studio One has encountered some issues, some more critical than others, but they can be avoided so you can carry on, but none in my experience have been so critical to cause any crashing. Having spent some time with 4.5.1 audio editing and using the bend tools, this remains the case.

I'm on a Windows 7 64 based PC.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Also ,does anyone else has this
When you select a bunch of clips on the the time line drag them ,there's a little bit of lag , like a domino effect.

Maybe the crashes could be because I assigned my projects folder on a separate drive ...dunno
I love everything about this program .but those crashes...makes me wanna pull my hair out ...
I have a very stable system with just a handfull of legit plugs only ( rektor ,valhalla , talmod ,abl3 etcc ) ,
Eyeball exchanging

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:54 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm And again , just froze when doing some audio edits.
Individual audio samples on the timeline creating a basic rhytm

I have just purchased it today on the marketplace after a week of demoing it .
Needless to say , I am reselling this asap .
What a serious letdown .
Been using S1 since version 2.6 (Nov 2014), never had Studio One crash doing any audio editing in any version.(excluding v4.01 as I didn't buy it till November 2018).

For me, Studio One has been very stable and any crash has been due to factors caused by dodgy plugins, some that have come from the free Focusrite ones that have been given away, or simply due to drives which have parked themselves and failed to speed up fast enough, and lack of virtual disk space on the main operating system system drive. Studio One has encountered some issues, some more critical than others, but they can be avoided so you can carry on, but none in my experience have been so critical to cause any crashing. Having spent some time with 4.5.1 audio editing and using the bend tools this remains the case.

I'm on a Windows 7 64 based PC.
Win 10 pc here , 16 gig of ram and 200 gig free hard drive ( nosdd ) for the projects folder
Dude , dodgy plugins , sure If you have dodgy plugs
I have only legit stuff , like I said : reaktor , audio realism , vallhala , toneboosters and talmod
I have demoed studio one demo extensively over the last week only using plugins , NOT one crash .
Yesterday I purchased stud.1 pro in the kvr marketplace , and today is the first day I took it for a spin with some intricate audio editing on the timeline .
The crashes/freezes just happen randomly
Eyeball exchanging

I'm using a pretty decent AMD Radeon RX 570 Sapphire 8 Gig graphics card... so no lag here. Didn't see much with a 10 year old graphic card I previously had with 150 track projects either in previous versions. If you press (N) this will disable snapping of the clips on the arrangement, so that will remove any lag kinda effect.

I'd suggest disabling any power saving features in Windows 10 and updating your graphic card drivers to a stable recommended version, if you are experencing any lag. Studio One uses OpenGL in displaying the interface.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Found a new bug .

When play overlaps is ticked off , it still plays the overlapping audio files
Eyeball exchanging

I have an old amd graphics here , good enough for blender 2.8 , surely good enough for studio one .
I never said studio one feels lagy , au contraire it feels and behaves superfast and snappy
It's just when moving some clips ,just draw 10 clips on the time line, select them and ALT drag , it rapidly counts all the clips from top to bottom
When moving hundreds of clips , this is replaced by an opaque grey box because of memory preservation

About the freezes , it's worth noting that the audio engine still keeps playing , these happen while pitch shifting , stretching , fade in/outs of individual clips .
Eyeball exchanging

This warning pops up every 5 minutes ...lol
I'm gonna sell ..the honeymoon lasted a day ...during audio duties
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm This warning pops up every 5 minutes ...lol
Well it's just told you what the problem is, it's one of your plugins...and your quite lucky with arriving at version 4.5 because plugin filtering is now built into a new manager for it. Before you had to do this by digging into folders and copying and removing them. Look for any plugins that use any sort of PACE authorisation/Ilok system, if you have any, then you'll need to update that Ilok software. A few years ago there was a conflict between Windows 10, Ilok authorisation, and Studio One 3.0. It was at a level where Studio One would not start at all. If this doesn't apply then you'll need to vet the source down. You can open up the bugreport to try and find it, or you can filter out the plugins you have to the one that is causing the problem.

As for the other issue you called a bug, ("When play overlaps is ticked off , it still plays the overlapping audio files" ) well that's working fine as expected in the latest version.

Take two loops and place the one on the right over the one on the left completely, then open up the inspector panel. Uncheck play overlaps. The audio on the right audio clip is the one that overlaps the left one so you only hear it.

Not everyone gets out of the starting blocks when they begin with a new DAW, I didn't initially but not because of the DAW, but because of how I made parallel duplicate installations in the folder structure.
Once I figured that out, I was away up and running, and I've not looked back.

Tip:
Create your main master folder for Studio One on your drive, then create a VST Instruments folder, and a VST Plugin Data directory folder inside that. You can then create a master folder that each new Studio One version will go in for each new update and release there is within your main master folder as well as anything else like soundfonts, samples ect . The path for each new version will always be directed to those VST and Data folders you setup for what ever version of Studio One you are using.

___

As for the Cutoff / Resonance mismatch, yes that's happening here also... I suspect this has happened under the hood during the re-configuration support for Nektars controllers.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:12 pm This warning pops up every 5 minutes ...lol
I mean the warning seems to tell you that it is likely a plugin. I've been using the DAW heavily since 4.5 release and have only had a couple of crashes and they where all plugin related. I'd frankly start by uninstalling all plugins and making sure they are up to date and re-install them. No one else is posting issues this severe so I tend to think it's plugin related.

rageix wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:40 pm
I mean the warning seems to tell you that it is likely a plugin. I've been using the DAW heavily since 4.5 release and have only had a couple of crashes and they where all plugin related. I'd frankly start by uninstalling all plugins and making sure they are up to date and re-install them. No one else is posting issues this severe so I tend to think it's plugin related.
Good point rageix. Studio One has nearly 1.1 million users. If it couldn't split and resize and crossfade audio without crashing I'm sure someone who installed it yesterday would not be the first person to notice it. Have you tried disabling and blacklisting that plugin on the last track in your session? Use the plugin manager under View for managing the blacklist

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”