Chord Track?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
pottering
KVRian
679 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Post Thu May 31, 2018 1:05 pm

Liquid Music has both a VST and a Max For Live device that don't need virtual MIDI cables.

Rapid Composer has a VST too.

Rapid Composer provides great support right here on KVR, sometimes the dev implements customer requests in a single day (or even less).

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=168

EZKeys also has "chord tracks", it is kinda its main feature (I doubt people buy it just for the keys). Bit overpriced outside a sale IMO.

zzz00m
KVRAF
1719 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Re: Chord Track?

Post Thu May 31, 2018 1:26 pm

pottering wrote:Liquid Music has both a VST and a Max For Live device that don't need virtual MIDI cables.
Right but that is only good if you are one of the elites with Max for Live. :lol:
Windows 10; with instruments from Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

pottering
KVRian

Post Thu May 31, 2018 2:10 pm

In case it was not clear, the VSTs of both Liquid Music and Rapid Composer don't need virtual cables too.

Rapid Composer in particular has multiple tracks and allows routing each of its tracks to a different instance of its VST in a project.

Whatever you composed in Liquid Music or Rapid Composer VSTs gets saved per project.

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Thu May 31, 2018 3:46 pm

pottering wrote:In case it was not clear, the VSTs of both Liquid Music and Rapid Composer don't need virtual cables too.

Rapid Composer in particular has multiple tracks and allows routing each of its tracks to a different instance of its VST in a project.

Whatever you composed in Liquid Music or Rapid Composer VSTs gets saved per project.
Sorry, I got my wires crossed earlier (and have edited that post). I have both Liquid Notes and Liquid Rhythm, but not Liquid Music. Confused? So was I, apparently, LOL.

It does seem that WaveDNA favors Ableton Live a bit. Liquid Rhythm is a fun tool to create your own rhythm patterns with, and I have had fun with their VST plugin even without Suite and Max for Live! According to the Liquid Music manual for Windows install, the VST plugin is for Liquid Rhythm only. The Liquid Music plugin is for Live only.
Windows 10; with instruments from Ableton, AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, PreSonus, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3538 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Thu May 31, 2018 4:01 pm

zzz00m wrote:
pottering wrote:In case it was not clear, the VSTs of both Liquid Music and Rapid Composer don't need virtual cables too.

Sorry, I got my wires crossed earlier (and have edited that post). I have both Liquid Notes and Liquid Rhythm, but not Liquid Music. Confused? So was I, apparently, LOL.

It does seem that WaveDNA favors Ableton Live a bit. Liquid Rhythm is a fun tool to create your own rhythm patterns with, and I have had fun with their VST plugin even without Suite and Max for Live! According to the Liquid Music manual for Windows install, the VST plugin is for Liquid Rhythm only. The Liquid Music plugin is for Live only.
My interest was only for The Liquid Music https://www.wavedna.com/liquid-music/ plugin as a VST for Windows but do not have Live. It is good that did not buy it as it only works in Live. Is this correct?
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Thu May 31, 2018 4:04 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote: My interest was only for The Liquid Music https://www.wavedna.com/liquid-music/ plugin as a VST for Windows but do not have Live. It is good that did not buy it as it only works in Live. Is this correct?
Manuals are available here: https://www.wavedna.com/manuals/

pottering
KVRian

Post Thu May 31, 2018 5:04 pm

I just loaded the Liquid Music VST2 in Tracktion T7 and it loaded and played notes to another VST synth. It loaded and worked in Renoise too. Pretty sure it works just like Liquid Rhythm's VST (Liquid Music comes with Liquid Rhythm).

Of course, better demo it yourself, in your preferred DAW.

About the M4L device, it is indeed a bit better than the VST, it can load as a MIDI Effect in Live, and it can load and write directly to an MIDI Clip. So it saves some setup steps.

The VST works like Thesys or Cthulhu, may need routing depending on the DAW.

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 pm

pottering wrote:I just loaded the Liquid Music VST2 in Tracktion T7 and it loaded and played notes to another VST synth. It loaded and worked in Renoise too. Pretty sure it works just like Liquid Rhythm's VST (Liquid Music comes with Liquid Rhythm).

Of course, better demo it yourself, in your preferred DAW.

About the M4L device, it is indeed a bit better than the VST, it can load as a MIDI Effect in Live, and it can load and write directly to an MIDI Clip. So it saves some setup steps.

The VST works like Thesys or Cthulhu, may need routing depending on the DAW.
Then I assume that you are running on a Mac, correct?

pottering
KVRian

Post Thu May 31, 2018 8:22 pm

No, it is Windows 10 here too.

I just checked the PDF manual for Liquid Music here, and in the part about the Windows install (pg. 13) it does say the VST are "for Liquid Rhythm only"...

(I guess that's why you asked me if I'm a Mac user.)

But I think that's a error, later in the manual (from pg. 29) it has instructions for other DAWs, and the VST2 did work here on T7 and Renoise on Win 10 (has AU and AAX too).

Trancit
KVRAF
1939 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Thu May 31, 2018 11:51 pm

Out of curiosity:

Chord track:

Changing the settings on this specific track only= all other tracks get autotransposed to the right scale/notes/chords... without touching anything else... in a host like Live

Is this possible with any of your suggestions???

tonedef71
KVRian
948 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:26 am

Trancit wrote:Out of curiosity:

Chord track:

Changing the settings on this specific track only= all other tracks get autotransposed to the right scale/notes/chords... without touching anything else... in a host like Live

The chord track in programs like Rapid Composer and Sundog Song Studio do work that way... you change the chords and then all related song parts are affected. Song parts may also be defined in such a way as to be unaffected by chord changes as well (e.g. absolute note settings, or chromatic scale settings, etc.).
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; Waveform 9; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

zzz00m
KVRAF

Post Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:12 am

Trancit wrote:Out of curiosity:

Chord track:

That's the way it is supposed to work in Studio One 4, including the audio tracks. Some other tools may affect MIDI tracks only.

phreaque
KVRian
794 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Post Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 am

Very interesting topic, honestly I struggled for finding a good similar approach where I can have a bunch of motifs which can be vastly reproduce phrases just by following a simple single track of chord progression written in the piano roll or being fed in real time.

So far, I found a good implementation of using BlueARP inside FL Studio Patcher can achieve that approach.
Unlike MelodicFlow, the BlueARP has lots of plus points, it's getting amazingly improved, the dev is making a lots of efforts to make it ideal, there will be a hardware unit of it in the near future, and it is free!

Also, for rhythmic/melodic variety, BlueARP can be used to apply awesome ones, since it's able to sort up to 5 notes, and the sorting algorthims can alter the result quite impressively.

Like:
- a scenario of a motif made in BlueARP is reading (Root, Key 2, Key 4)
- applied the sorting (Chord Normalized)
- treating the missing keys substitution as (last key)
- and just for fun to make that substituted key to be an octave up

Whenever the input notes having this sorting (root key, 2nd and 4th) the BlueARP will apply the motif to those notes.
Otherwise, if any of note input sorted differently, BlueARP will then look up for the missing notes (there's no 4th note, then I will replace it with the very previous note in the sequence and will pitch it up one octave).

Regardless of its capability to limit the note range range for both input and output, applying break/split points where the pitch center of high/low note will be defined at a specific key and no matter at what octave, the range limit will be maintained.

Lots of features honestly and sadly nobody yet published a video showing a fair review for this glorious plugin.
Phreaque Modi

MidiToGuitar
KVRist
132 posts since 5 May, 2016

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

crossovercable
KVRist
381 posts since 26 May, 2014

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 am