Would you like to sell your license of FL Studio if you could???

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

Would you sell your license of FL Studio if you could?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Yes
51%
No
49%

Total votes: 95

RELATED
PRODUCTS

lfm wrote:Just ran a trial 5-6 years ago and did not vote.

But if anybody even think that lifetime updates after purchase also should mean shifting to somebody elses lifetime - it's just unfair and not realistic. ImageLine would die sooner than soon.

So my vote is NO to even have such a poll....
This is not the point about this poll...
It´s not about something realistic as it will never happen that we could sell our license (as long as laws do not change drastically)

The point is only to get an idea, how many percent of the userbase, which is of course immens because of the strict no resell policy, are so unhappy with the program, that they would like to get rid of it...

Nothing but curiousity because of certain arguments IL developers like to bring on the table...
And so far the result speaks for itself...

I'd like to be able to sell it, if I had it.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

What keeps me with FL Studio alongside Pro Tools is the piano roll, mapping formulas and extensive modulation/automation options. Mapping formulas probably being the most useful feature.

I'm not in the habit of selling anything, even though I hardly ever use FL Studio. Actually, I'm waiting for v20.1 to check out the new linear mode. Finally no more multiple renaming of the same track, that should improve the workflow a lot.

Because of my occasional frustrations, I'd probably sell it then buy it again, then re-sell...

Trancit wrote:...(as long as laws do not change drastically)...
actually there have been some changes but IL are still insisting on their lifetime free update as means to ignore these changes...

I'm surprised that no IL rep has trolled this thread as of now. They usually even troll sales threads...
I wouldn't mind IL going belly up btw.

MOD EDIT: MEMBERS PLEASE DO NOT PERPETUATE THIS ATTEMPT AT DERAILING THE THREAD BY REPOSTING IT, thank you

dermichl wrote:I'm surprised that no IL rep has trolled this thread as of now. They usually even troll sales threads...
No, I guess you are the first one trolling.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

dermichl wrote:I'm surprised that no IL rep has trolled this thread as of now. They usually even troll sales threads...
Please stay fair... I have never seen any IL dev trolling or posting something bad...
In fact, I often wondered how they could stay that calm and on topic...

I'm going to nip this in the bud now if I can, this is just blatant flaming and there is no call for it. Please do not flame threads and attempt to derail them just because you dont care for the company.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Trancit wrote:As the title says:
Because of my latest discussion on Looptalk, I am curious about this topic...
Lifetime free upgrades are generous but includes, that you are not allowed to resell your license of IL Software... especially FL Studio...

Would you if you could????
Looks like over half the people who have boughten FLS would sell their license. Which probably means that those who are still using it after purchasing it is even lower then half, probably more like 10% to 25%? It would be interesting to see the poll numbers on that.

Just stopping back in to say: hell no, I don't want to sell my license. Despite its flaws, FL Studio is the best DAW out there. Nothing else comes close.

I've had it forever and I have never wanted to sell it. While I don't consider it
my main DAW, I do enjoy using it and do so quite a lot. I've always found it
interesting and enjoyable to use for the most part.

YES!!!

I would sell mine!

I'm very good in Studio One and Cubase.
I'm pretty good in Reason.
I'm fairly competent in Live and Tracktion.

However, I've owned FL for years, and can't wrap my head around how it works. Why can't I just draw midi clips into the tracks? Why do I have to go into a little pop-up window and all? Everything feels convoluted and weird. I find it to be infuriatingly different from every other DAW. I've owned it for years and have never even made so much as a simple drum beat in it. Every time I try to use it, I get frustrated and just go make something in another DAW.

I can't believe it when I read things touting how easy FL is? I don't get that at all.

I think it's cool, and I'd like to use it, but it just frustrates me to no end, and I don't care enough about it to go watch hours of tutorials and figure out how to use it.

I'm also rather amazed that they haven't really updated the GUI. It looks the same as when I first bought it years ago.

I wouldn't sell it because IL has consistently provided excellent updates over their history.

Go look at what FL was 20/15/10/5 years ago. They are consistently making major improvements to the software.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”