Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seemingly sweet FA there really

- VariAudio 3: Complete control over your music with even more tools
- 5GB of high quality sounds and loops from renowned producers
- 64-bit audio engine up to 192 kHz
- System requirements (Mac): macOS 10.12 / 10.13, at least 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 and above)
- System requirements (Windows): 64-bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10, at least 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor (Intel i5 and above)
- Intelligent Chord Track, Chord Pads, Chord Assistant
- Support for high-resolution display
- 8 tools with over 3,000 sounds including: HALion Sonic SE 3, Groove Agent SE 5, Padshop, Retrologue 2 and LoopMash 2
- More than 90 high-end audio and MIDI VST effects processors
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Functional wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:27 am
jancivil wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:00 am Or it's like Logic not supporting VST because here's teh AU protocol. :shrug:
I think that has more to do with just VST being historically a windows thing and AU extension a mac thing. Tbqf I don't know about the historical timeline in particular but I suspect it's something like Steinberg first develops VST, then Apple develops AU. If it goes like that, then AU makes sense because it would still be a lot of work to rewrite VST into mac back then.
My point is much simpler: that a developer doesn't see the need for <this>, having <that> which is working for them serving pretty much the same purpose. And as a direct analogy to ARA vs VariAudio.
Functional wrote: As for VariAudio being deprecated, I think that's also a history thing (taking a note for myself: you have read too much foucault). In music technology at least, it seems that you have to have impossibly good reputation before you can become an industry standard. And when from the get-go you are limited to a DAW that is still not considered as an industry standard, well, you should be able to figure the rest.
:?:

Yes, I did say 'I don't know why it supposedly is deprecated', that's just a statement, ie., a rhetorical question. Let me explain, then: I think that's a bit spurious,

jancivil wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:29 pm My point is much simpler: that a developer doesn't see the need for <this>, having <that> which is working for them serving pretty much the same purpose. And as a direct analogy to ARA vs VariAudio.
Right, but ARA is not equivalent to VariAudio? It's an extension for plugin formats. So I kind of misunderstood you I guess, because the way I see it is that ARA could be possibly used for other plugins too in future (which is why I used the analogy)

Functional wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:03 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:53 am Whatever floats your boat. I'm just saying that it's not the thing the average buyer does. So, you can't argue on that base.

Saying that you pay 49 € every second year is wrong because it is not true.
I don't know about their average customers, I mean probably that's true. But I know that I'm not the only one doing this. There's no real downsides aside from being a year off at every 0.5 update, which shouldn't be a big deal because at this point it's hard to imagine anything as important as mixer undo & VCA's being added into the mix that would be gamechangers.
Yep. I've beein doing this as well since the introduction of the first paid point release... I am almost shocked that it seems to be so unpopular. It isn't rocket science. :idea:

Maybe tomorrow... :)

NEW IN CUBASE PRO 10
Cubase Pro 10 brings a host of new features to your studio to enhance your workflow and help add extra creativity.

VariAudio 3 - Pitch and Time Correction

VariAudio has been improved and its features expanded upon. Adjust formants, transitions and pitch shifts with ease.

Redesigned Channel Strip

The channel strip has been redesigned with an attractive new UI for easy readability. There are also extended metering elements for visual feedback when editing your audio.

Mix Console Snapshots

Miz Console snapshots allow you to easily switch and compare different mixes, from different EQ settings on one track to the whole mix. This is great when stuck between two mixes and want to quickly decide which one to use, or to highlight improvements that could be made.

Audio Alignment

New the Cubase 10 is the audio alignment tool. This will automatically assit in aligning multiple audio recordings, perfect for double tracking vocals and guitars.

Groove Agent SE 5

Groove Agent 5 introduces all new sounds and workflow improvements. There are 20 new kits to choose from totalling up to gigabytes of sound, and a re-sizable interface makes usability a breeze.

MORE FEATURES

New VariAudio 3, improved in every way for perfect vocal editing

New Audio alignment tool, easily sync your backing vocals

New Mixer snapshots, create alternate mixes and compare them instantly

New Distroyer plugin, brand new non linear distortion plugin, very thought after by producers

New redesigned console Channel strip, with better visual feedback, control and functionality

New Vintage Verbs for REVerence, new collection of vintage reverb impulses

New Groove Agent SE 5, based on the brand new Groove Agent 5, includes "The Kit", and 20 new Beat Agents for electronic music production

New 5GB exclusive content library(all versions) with fresh sounds/loops produced by top acclaimed producers (from Allen Morgan to Florian Meindl and Beat Butcha)
The mixer snapshots are nice, and an audio alignment tool will be a clever addition if it works as well as Vocalign, but otherwise, not much to look forward to in that listing (assuming that's a complete list).

No ARA really sucks. My other top wishlist items would've been a better remote controlling plugins via hardware, a Smart Tool, and a better browser, none of which are mentioned.

That's not ARA...

Maybe next year? haha

That's it with Cubase 10 lol. Steinberg catch up Presonus is spanking you.

Somewhere it also said something about MPE instrument compatibility, but maybe they were referring to it in general and not just this update.

That can’t be everything? Seems a little disappointing.

Wow, just wow, it's like they are throwing in the towel to Presonus.
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Audio alignment is pretty big if you consider that revoice pro is ridiculously expensive. Depends how full featured it is though...

InLight-Tone wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 am Wow, just wow, it's like they are throwing in the towel to Presonus.
Out of curiosity, what new features does Presonus offer the Steinberg are throwing the towel to? My interfaces are Presonus... I'd like to know what I'm missing.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:32 am Out of curiosity, what new features does Presonus offer the Steinberg are throwing the towel to? My interfaces are Presonus... I'd like to know what I'm missing.
I think it's about the ARA integration. Since Melodyne workflow seems to be so much better with ARA than without it and people who use Melodyne are probably not going to get convinced by variaudio 3.

I personally am disappointed too, not so much because of that but because generally it doesn't seem to once again offer much for me. Audio alignment is cool and all, but I actually genuinely like doing that myself. Maybe variaudio 3 will have redeeming qualities? Don't know.

As for ARA support though, I think they definitively should implement it sooner or later. There's no reason not to. But since they do have variaudio that works well in my opinion, I'm not concerned over Melodyne, rather just live in the hopes that ARA extension will be used by other plugins too than only Melodyne.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”