Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting, the snapshots. Maybe it's iteration one and they'll improve it later. But yeah, not capturing all and different automation is a bummer.

Reaper really nailed that feature, snapshots. Not sure about Sonar or DP, never tried it in those.

first impressions

bouncing / pitch processing bass sounds creates loads of pops and clicks

pitch process sometimes doesn't work...! symbol appears

No bezier curves directly on waveform with that sx fade pop up

damn

Just take a look at the mixer view channel strip for the shittest UI you've ever seen

lame
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bundoo on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Had 2 days with it now,, they have rushed it out in my opinion, must have needed the money for end of year. Its a pity they couldn't have waited until Q1 next year and had the GUI finished, Windows HIDPI working and ARA actually integrated, that would have been a solid release. I'm pretty sure we will get there in the end with free updates, but it really does seem odd to me that they release it like this with 'half' the GUI modernised and notes about what not working and what's missing.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

rollasoc wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 am
fese wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm Do I see that right that the new color picker doesn't display the names I've given the color anymore? That would suck badly...
That was initially annoying, but the name is there on mouse over.
Would be nice to have an option to view the old way.

To be honest though, as a band we have been using the same colour scheme for probably 10 years, so I know the colours I use now for drums (orange), bass (blue), guitars (green), synths (red), vocals (purple) etc by now.
You're doing it all wrong! Drums are dark blue, guitars are yellow, synths green and vocals red!! :dog:
Really weird how no one but me uses the right colors :wink:

bundoo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm Just take a look at the mixer view channel strip for the shittest UI you've ever seen

lame
I agree that the new look of the mixer isn't the best Steinberg did so far. It seems they embarked the "flat trend" boat with Cubase 10 :x

I would prefer the old look.
Fernando (FMR)

I like the newer flat look. easier for me when working for awhile...

the mix console has looked like shit since they went to it in like C6. I've never liked it. It actually looks better in 10 if you zoom out a bit. But, I tend to have max channels showing. So saying, it is actually really powerful now.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

fese wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm
rollasoc wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 am
fese wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm Do I see that right that the new color picker doesn't display the names I've given the color anymore? That would suck badly...
That was initially annoying, but the name is there on mouse over.
Would be nice to have an option to view the old way.

To be honest though, as a band we have been using the same colour scheme for probably 10 years, so I know the colours I use now for drums (orange), bass (blue), guitars (green), synths (red), vocals (purple) etc by now.
You're doing it all wrong! Drums are dark blue, guitars are yellow, synths green and vocals red!! :dog:
Really weird how no one but me uses the right colors :wink:
Sorry...you're both wrong.

Drums are foundational. Like the earth. Terra forma. Green.

Bass is below. Brown.

Guitars are like magma spewing out a volcano. Orange.

Vocals are the sky. Blue.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 pm Vocals are the sky. Blue.
The only almost correct answer in the entire thread ... as they are obviously dark blue for lead and sky blue for backing vox.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 pm
The only almost correct answer in the entire thread ... as they are obviously dark blue for lead and sky blue for backing vox.
You are all dreaming. Music is black and white. Everybody knows that 8)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:39 pm
SJ_Digriz wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 pm
You are all dreaming. Music is black and white. Everybody knows that 8)
I've dreamt in blue.

I'd ban all of you for such pointless off topic shit posting

Vocals are obviously pink... because they're usually so girly.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Back on track: with the UI flat is good. If done properly.

But the console in the mixer is one of the stupidest most inefficient things Cubase has had. They pandered like Reason to some SSL archaic mindset rather than saying we have EVERY possibility in the digital realm and we can make something fresh clean and useable. Nope...just something that is supposed to look like a 40 year old room full of expensive knobs.

Another day or so of mucking around with Cubase 10. It's been rock solid, once I got sound drivers / ASIO stuff set up. I tend to agree with Bundoo a little on the mixer, though I'm used to it.
bundoo wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 am Nope...just something that is supposed to look like a 40 year old room full of expensive knobs.
Don't mean to sidetrack here, but which DAW's mixer would be closest to your dream mixer?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”