midi madness 3 - any experience?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so MM3 is on sale at plugin boutique but still not cheap. Has anyone used it quite a bit? Looks great to me. but...

Is there anyway to get it cheaper using a coupon of some sort?
I'm not totally clear if the license is transferable - anyone transferred a license?

I only tried V1 and they did a lot since then, but I have tried many of that type and advise you demo to see if the algos make sense to you.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

thanks Michael - I have played with the demo there are some limitations to MM3 that would annoy me - it is both not complex enough (in terms of harmony etc) and yet too complex (in terms of usability). All this could be user error. I have contacted the devs and they are very quick to respond so I will find out if I am mistake or not - for my needs anyway.

I contrast as others have done MM3 with Audiomodern Riffer, which is incredibly simple and limited but that ease of use and understanding makes it very usable and powerful in practice.

I've been demoing MM3 and it's a truly phenomenal plugin. Don't be deceived by the GUI. Took me a few days to wrap my head around the features but I can now see it's potential. It really unique in the way it can generate different note lengths and velocities at your taste. And I just figured out how to have it trigger chords in logic with just one note. Some really cool housey stab sequences going on. As for the melodies, it just seems to nail it every time. Sometimes these less known plugins are truly diamonds in the rough. I'm buying it, and I certainly have my fair share of midi fx's, including the new riffer, which I love but MM3 is something special..

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”