Presonus Studio One Pro 4

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you like Pro Tools, stick with Pro Tools. I had S1 for a long time and although it has some cool things, it is not a replacement for PT workflow and IMO has a much worse UI to look at for long periods. Also the CPU usage on a Mac is not as good. I hope Presonus improves that along with the UI and introduces high resolution waveforms, clip gain envelopes, a real independent edit cursor, etc if they want to be a PT replacement. Otherwise, it’s just another DAW (with too much of a Cubase mindset for me) - and on Mac, I think Logic is a better bet (or Pro Tools if you don’t need a ton of bells and whistles - Avid seems more committed to improving it these days).

jacqueslacouth wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:27 pm I re-installed Europa and Geist 2 and both work fine now.
Good to hear. Was going to suggest reaching out to Propellerhead for Europa, but a reinstall was a good solution. Maybe some folders got fubar'd on your Mac? Beats me.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

With the pattern feature, I'm bemused why they didn't put a damn button on the interface to insert one. There isn't even a macro for it...(Well there is, but you have to go make one) Yes, there is a key combination of CTRL+Shift+P which is bloody awkward to do with one hand and there is the longer method of double clicking to create an instrument part, right clicking, scrolling down the list and then pressing the left mouse button to create a pattern. I mean really... why do they have to make this simple operation so convoluted and difficult in a physical way... :dog:
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Annoying that the patterns cant mirror project page time signatures

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:06 am With the pattern feature, I'm bemused why they didn't put a damn button on the interface to insert one. There isn't even a macro for it... Yes, there is a key combination of CTRL+Shift+P which is bloody awkward to do with one hand and there is the longer method of double clicking to create an instrument part, right clicking, scrolling down the list and then pressing the left mouse button to create a pattern. I mean really... why do they have to make this simple operation so convoluted and difficult in a physical way... :dog:
S1 is known for making things easy, but this one is very very weird. Hopefully 4.5 will change it.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:06 am With the pattern feature, I'm bemused why they didn't put a damn button on the interface to insert one. There isn't even a macro for it... Yes, there is a key combination of CTRL+Shift+P which is bloody awkward to do with one hand and there is the longer method of double clicking to create an instrument part, right clicking, scrolling down the list and then pressing the left mouse button to create a pattern. I mean really... why do they have to make this simple operation so convoluted and difficult in a physical way... :dog:
S1 is known for making things easy, but this one is indeed very weird. Hopefully 4.5 will change it.

THE INTRANCER wrote: With the pattern feature, I'm bemused why they didn't put a damn button on the interface to insert one. There isn't even a macro for it... Yes, there is a key combination of CTRL+Shift+P which is bloody awkward to do with one hand and there is the longer method of double clicking to create an instrument part, right clicking, scrolling down the list and then pressing the left mouse button to create a pattern. I mean really... why do they have to make this simple operation so convoluted and difficult in a physical way... :dog:
alt+ doubleclick in the lower part(where the mouse pointer is not the upper part with the area selection crosshair is) just the same as the normal double click creates a normal midi event.

Or just change the key binding for it to P.

Seems like a really silly thing to complain about. :shrug:

jkez wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:47 pm
alt+ doubleclick in the lower part(where the mouse pointer is not the upper part with the area selection crosshair is) just the same as the normal double click creates a normal midi event.
That´s a nice one... didn´t know that, thx...

For anyone who's interested, Bitwig is the free Computer Music gift of the month.

A 90% full-up version, limited to 8 tracks.

Maybe the S1 waverers want to give it a try.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

jkez wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:47 pm
Thanks, that'll save some sanity and practical annoyance with knowing that now. The Editor should have 'Insert Pattern' as well as 'Insert Instrument part' buttons added to it's GUI to simplify the whole process.

For myself, I'm fortunate to be granted with two functional hands, not everyone is..., I'm 5.11", so not far off 6 foot.... I work with both a mouse and keyboard. It is physically impossible to press both CTRL+SHIFT+P with one hand without straightening and elevating ones elbow above it's natural angle, although even if you do, there is no way to avoid pressing the adjacent 'O' and 'L' keys. Can't even perform that finger gymnastics on a Presonus Editor Keys keyboard, let alone a standard backlit gaming keyboard. If you're naturally left handed, then the use of the right side CTRL+Shift+P combination might be more natural, I dunno, with myself being right handed, it's very unnatural for me and I'd suspect a lot right handed people in a different physical sense.

One could have a big discussion on the topic of user interface interaction between programs and devices, and discussing the problems they have on their own.... :D. Weirdly, this digs into areas I studied at Uni over 10 years ago.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

kevvvvv wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:26 pm For anyone who's interested, Bitwig is the free Computer Music gift of the month.

A 90% full-up version, limited to 8 tracks.

Maybe the S1 waverers want to give it a try.
Do you mean the 8-Track version?

What's about ATOM? How did you like it? I thought to order it but I'm waiting till S2v4 been updated and they fix the midi bugs. But it is good to know your opinion about ATOM :)

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:25 pm It is physically impossible to press both CTRL+SHIFT+P with one hand without straightening and elevating ones elbow above it's natural angle, although even if you do...
Gosh man ... just change the key binding to a single key or put an "Insert Pattern" button on the macro toolbar. You're stressing over something you can easily change yourself.

Deep down, you must know your wasting your time with this one, LawrenceF.

Aliens wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:15 pm Deep down, you must know your wasting your time with this one, LawrenceF.
:lol: :clap:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”