Presonus Studio One Pro 4

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:49 am Looks like a fair number of folks waited to upgrade, like myself. :)
Judging from that other S14 thread, I thought a lot more had ponied up for it at release.
I got it on released day myself, worth every penny, not one for waiting around X months just to get a few $'s off, would rather be using and enjoying it. Until something happens to change my opinion I'll always be on the door step on day 1.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:41 am
pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:49 am Looks like a fair number of folks waited to upgrade, like myself. :)
Judging from that other S14 thread, I thought a lot more had ponied up for it at release.
I got it on released day myself, worth every penny, not one for waiting around X months just to get a few $'s off, would rather be using and enjoying it. Until something happens to change my opinion I'll always be on the door step on day 1.
Actually, I do that as well. Just not with Studio One :)

I usually can't wait either. Next time I'll surely opt for a discount though. Can't spend so much in this hobby. :)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:34 pm ...dont use Impact or Sample One, anything much improved in its capabilities as DAW?
Same here about the sampler instruments. Those new drum modes didn't impress me much from the videos I saw. But the biggest feature must be that Harmonic Editing thingie, but I didn't demo S1 V4 yet, so no clue on how useful it is.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:14 pmEven with the sale I'm not entirely convinced I need to update from 3, it doesn't seem to offer much if you're not bothered about drums or am I missing something?
Those things convinced me:
- sampler XT
- impact XT
- drums & pattern editors
- harmonic editing (chord track)
- high-DPI support <- this one in particular!
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

In addition to the chord track, drum editing, and instruments, there are a few other improvements:

1. ARA 2 support
2. Ripple edit mode
3. Expanded "Send to Notion" option for lead sheet creation
4. Pipeline XT

and more.... https://www.presonus.com/products/studio-one/whats-new

And here's a good review from Pro Tools Expert: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/video- ... e-4-review
Windows 10 and too many plugins

In fact what I look like Daw is the principle of Acid Pro 8, a Daw loops, with the management of course the Vst, as my set, is composed only of that.

Is there a Daw with this kind of operating principle, as simple, efficient, intuitive as Acid Pro 8?

Huh?

I'm talking about Acid Pro 8 because, Studio One Pro, looks a bit like ergonomics and relative ease of handling and I add in the wake, that a style of Acid Pro would be a good alternative for me.

Simple, effective, intuitive

I think you really should try out a few demos, see what works for you.

Thank you for your answer.

In fact, I hesitate between Studio Pro 4 and Bitwig.

I had Live 9 Suite and not hooked.

Here I have Fl Studio 20, even if an excellent Daw, I find it a little mess, ergonomics not too great, at least for me.

Not very intuitive either.

Studio One Pro 4, offers possibilities for electronic music, given its reputation for its ergonomics, intuitiveness, the why, I hesitate between him and Bitwig.

Regarding the demos, I can not make me an overall idea of ​​the use of either Studio One Pro 4 or Bitwig.

Why, I prefer to ask your opinion on the subject.

FL Studio 20 is my favorite DAW but has no ARA it is no longer my fave.

Love Cubase 10 and will try it soon but my feeling it lacks a few minor work flows for the I make music so likely I will not use it as my main DAW. Minor but very annoying to me.

Reaper 6 when it come out will very likely be my main DAW. I like the way it handles VST midi fx. Yes a bit more difficult to learn but the most flexible of all the DAW's. The community is great!

Studio One 4 and Reaper 5/6 are so close that is is hard for me to decide. Yes S1 is more intuitive! It's torture trying to decide.

I took the plunge and bought S1P yesterday - and glad I did.
Great improvments since I saw it last 5 years ago.

And it feels light on the system, almost like Reaper - just boom and there it is.

Running smoothly where Cubase Pro 9.5 does not, for some reason.
So StudioOne it is....

In Studio One 3, I use to have a non critical bug when shutting down the program. In version 4.0, that no longer happens... I suspect it was a plugin that was causing it, I really don't know. But I noticed that during the plugin scan, that Rob Papens GO VST instrument was blacklisted, and thus I had to skip it. Wasn't important though as I haven't bought it..
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

zzz00m wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:25 pm In addition to the chord track, drum editing, and instruments, there are a few other improvements:

1. ARA 2 support
2. Ripple edit mode
3. Expanded "Send to Notion" option for lead sheet creation
4. Pipeline XT

and more.... https://www.presonus.com/products/studio-one/whats-new

And here's a good review from Pro Tools Expert: https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/video- ... e-4-review
ARA2 is possibly interesting, but I don't think the cost is justified just for that, particularly as I get no upgrade benefit from having Producer.

3.5 brought huge performance improvements though, did 4 add anymore, does it load faster?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”