Bitwig 8-Track "free" with CM Magazine.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am Instead, they want you to taste Bitwig and get hungry for the complete package. That's the idea.
Exactly, I don't know why everyone is explaining me the same thing over and over, it's common sense logic, exactly what I said too, they target people that are really into Bitwig, modulation stuff and all, but I'm not their target obviously, not alone there either, so if they want piece of that market which maybe is tiny, they need to change their approach, easy as that, when they do that, add video support and fix retina mac's glitchy performance, maybe I will reconsider it, right now, moving on.
antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am And if you think low of Bitwig's community because we're trying to make you realise how misguided your expectations are, then I'm "happy" you don't want to be a part of it :(
You all showed me the truth (guided me towards it) and that truth set me free, easy as that, thanks guys, I don't dig Bitwig ways of doing business, I don't dig cult like communities, so yeah. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

dellboy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:19 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am
Why? Because a company (a business, in other words) wants to survive and grow, for which it requires money and therefore won't give away a fully-featured version that's enough for majority of users?
Your theory sounds good, but would those people who wanted a free 8 track really knock Bitwigs business model ?

Would they always go on to buy the full blown DAW ?

Take a look at Tracktion. They spread the love by giving away a full blown DAW in the hope that their generosity will be rewarded when the punter can afford the full thing. Meanwhile its no skin off their nose, as the product gets advertised and spreads and the user base grows and they sow good will.
There is no always with any daw. Different people have a wide criteria of what motivates them and what they like. Some people simply don't care about the company and how they do things beyond does the tool fulfill their needs.

Bitwig is clearly growing. There are lots of new users in the Bitwig forum, and it is talked about a whole lot more than it was a year or two ago. So I would say the Bitwig business model is working. It may not suit you, but that does not mean it isn't serving its purpose.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 pm So I would say the Bitwig business model is working. It may not suit you, but that does not mean it isn't serving its purpose.
Exactly. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:07 pmI don't dig Bitwig ways of doing business, I don't dig cult like communities, so yeah. :tu:
What is really going on is that you want to be a cult leader and are unhappy you could not find a flock here.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:03 pm
Zexila wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:07 pmI don't dig Bitwig ways of doing business, I don't dig cult like communities, so yeah. :tu:
What is really going on is that you want to be a cult leader and are unhappy you could not find a flock here.
Exactly. :hug:

That's all from me, have a blast guys. :hug:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”