FL Studio 20.1

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
Trancit
KVRAF
1898 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:14 am

Caine123 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:03 am
im atm testin a few daws, when im finished i can show some facts like how to route, how to mix etc. and this will show which daw has advantages etc. i dont have probs like many here with fl studio. e.g. you can highlight all mixer channels ASAP and in studio one not? you can solo single mixer channels and single inserts, in studio one not, it shows that fl studio isnt so stupid and other daws lack basics like this.
We already talked about that... do you remember...
I did those tests already over years and years and the facts stay always the same...

What is one DAW´s strength is the other one´s weakness and other way round...
There is no better, there is only different and you have to decide what are your must haves and your no-go´s...
By means of that you should decide, what DAW fit´s you best (pure logical considered)...
Our bad that we are not logical beings nor are our decisions... :x 8) :lol:

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2698 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:32 pm

jsp1979 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:56 am
Best daw ever. Also since v20.5 its been very very very stable.
Isn't this the 20.1 release? Are you from the future? :hihi:
Sorry, 20.0.5 :)

Mac Hine
KVRist
233 posts since 24 Sep, 2004 from Finland

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:33 am

Really loved this update. Automatic grouping of audio recordings is a huge help for me. However, I have one annoying problem. Dont know if it just me or if there is allready solution for this:

I select the mixer channel 20 for recording. I record first takes. Then I adjust something example in different vocal take or master channel. After that I press record again and it asks to select the input as the mixer channel has been changed to what ever I have been working on. It is not a big problem but this happens to me 10 times during recording session. Is there any way to set the recording channel locked? So that always when I select the one-click-audio recording, it would record to channel 20. Maby channel could be changed by right-clicking. Like I said, this is not first time ask for feature that maby is allready implemented. :)

User avatar
Image-Line
KVRian
931 posts since 2 Dec, 2010 from Belgium, EU.

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:12 am

Mac Hine wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:33 am
I select the mixer channel 20 for recording. I record first takes. Then I adjust something example in different vocal take or master channel. After that I press record again and it asks to select the input as the mixer channel has been changed to what ever... Like I said, this is not first time ask for feature that maby is allready implemented. :)
If you have Auto-unarm deselected then this should not happen. So yes, it's already implemented.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Mac Hine
KVRist
233 posts since 24 Sep, 2004 from Finland

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Image-Line wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:12 am
If you have Auto-unarm deselected then this should not happen. So yes, it's already implemented.
Not quite what I was after. If I deselect the Auto-unarm, it keeps the previously selected channel armed but it also arms the channel where I am. So, what I would like to have is that if I am on channel 15, press record it would automaticly jump to channel 20 where my input is allready defined and starts to record. Maby I do short video to describe my problem/wish. I think I have not hear anybody else to complain about this so maby I am doing something funny.

User avatar
Image-Line
KVRian
931 posts since 2 Dec, 2010 from Belgium, EU.

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:00 pm

Mac Hine wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:26 pm
Maby I do short video to describe my problem/wish. I think I have not hear anybody else to complain about this so maby I am doing something funny.
Please do. Its not clear what's happening here.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

BeeDog
KVRist
141 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2157 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 am

BeeDog wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 pm
Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?
It's not the piano roll, but the channel rack. And indeed, since 20.1 it isn't remembering the last used size.

BeeDog
KVRist
141 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:26 am

exmatproton wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 am
BeeDog wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 pm
Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?
It's not the piano roll, but the channel rack. And indeed, since 20.1 it isn't remembering the last used size.
Sorry, yeah, got my wires crossed, meant the channel rack. Hopefully a bugfix is on the way.

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2157 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: FL Studio 20.1

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 am

BeeDog wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:26 am
exmatproton wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 am
BeeDog wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:24 pm
Ever since updating to 20.1 (incl. the very latest version), FL Studio doesn't seem to remember my piano roll window settings. I usually pull it so I see tons of steps, but now every time I boot up the piano roll window resets to its default 16 step view. Anyone else facing this issue?
It's not the piano roll, but the channel rack. And indeed, since 20.1 it isn't remembering the last used size.
Sorry, yeah, got my wires crossed, meant the channel rack. Hopefully a bugfix is on the way.
I did wrote to them at their forum. I hope they'll fix it as well. Quite annoying

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”