POLL: Which DAW would you choose if all things were equal?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Which DAW Would You Choose On A Level Playing Field?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Ableton Live
13%
Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio
0%
Adobe Audition
No votes
Apple GarageBand
No votes
Apple Logic Pro X
8%
Ardour
1%
Avid Pro Tools
4%
BandLab Sonar
1%
BandLab Cakewalk
1%
Bitwig Studio
11%
Cockos Reaper
13%
Harrison Mixbus
0%
Harrison Mixbus 32-C
1%
Image-Line FL Studio
7%
PreSonus Studio One
9%
Propellerhead Reason
3%
Ohm Force Ohm Studio
No votes
Magix Acid Pro
No votes
Magix Samplitude Pro X
1%
MAGIX Sequoia
No votes
MOTU Digital Performer
2%
MuTool MuLab
2%
Renoise
2%
Renoise Redux
No votes
Steinberg Cubase
11%
Steinberg Nuendo
1%
Tracktion Waveform
4%
Tracktion T-series
0%
*OTHER (please write-in vote, i.e., Soundbridge/Lumit, NCH MixPad, Distractionware Bosca Ceoil, Numerology, etc.)
1%
Experimental Scene Darkwave Studio, Traverso, Magix Music Maker)
0%

Total votes: 403

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So you'te a synthesthesiast? If I was playing guitar patches on a keyboard, I'd hardly call myself a 'guitarist.'

<runs even faster>
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The skins of drums aren't even real skins!

:lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't get the poll or the question or why there is a limit to two DAWs. But anyways, i voted StudioOne and Cubase as the two DAWs I think are on a "level playing field". :-)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Okay. I'll quit speed scrabble today and focus on arriving at "the method". Aarrghh, no, it's hard to do.

I've quit speed scrabble before, many times. I always "relapse".
The problem is that speed scrabble is so much more fun than finding "the method". And trying to make those REAPER functions that is necessary to "the method" functional is no fun either.

I've had many methods before and from each method I made one song or tune. I probably had 40 "not it" methods and 40 "not it" songs and tunes from those methods. So it's not like I'm totally idle. It's just that the results from those "not it" methods sucks.

What's the point of sticking to one "not it" method and making a thousand "not it" songs and tunes from that?

I don't think it's avoidance. I think it's a quest for a quality method. And when quality method comes, prolific songwriting comes. I hope.

Okay mealtime and KVR time is over, scrabble time next. Shalom, aloha, adios.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Nah. It's a craft and takes practice. Trust me, no one here would ever want to hear the first song I ever wrote.

Probably not the 31st, either.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

jancivil wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm The skins of drums aren't even real skins!

some are

AnX wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:43 pm
jancivil wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm The skins of drums aren't even real skins!

some are
the ever famous goat skin Bodhrán :-)

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

whatever you do, don't be one of those guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTYAKcsLqrM

Mixbus

Poor goats... :o
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure."
Checkout my blog: VST Plugins Free Download.

Yeah. I knew they did that back in the day, but I don't get why there's no synthetic for it that sounds as good.

I first wrote a song when I was 14. The method was pick out something on the guitar to support some caterwauling and make up some words which kind of scan. The latter part of that came easily. If it doesn't, maybe develop other interests.
(Greg Lake wrote Lucky Man when he was 12.)
I wrote a couple more before I focused on getting proficient at the instrument. It wasn't good, there was no pressure to be good, having never done.

Hate DAWs
One decade was enough
I am all in for Dawless music
It has become a wonderful trend in youtube jam sessions
Wait
Wrong thread
Wrong forum
Running (even faster than bombadill)
Last edited by IncarnateX on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Probably Cubase. Even though the question is quite pointless, because, fortunately, DAW's aren't all equal, and everyone can choose the one which works and costs the best for him/her.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”