You know what would be great? Ableton Studio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

misterfister wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:15 pm
tooneba wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:10 am Just get bitwig :D
Bitwig fanboys are getting worse than Reaper fanboys...
I'm ableton user. :hihi:

:smack:

trtzbass wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm Would be great:

A version of Live ... but without the session view.
Ahh, I hear! :dog:
trtzbass wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm It would be great if it lost all those idiosyncrasies that need to be there for
it to be a live performance tool.

It would be fab if one could do vocal comping like in Pro Tools or Cubase for example, or have keyswitches and a more robust mixer section.
I would totally throw a fair bit of money at Ableton if that was a thing.
Yeah, exactly! :o

Remove all those things which are irritating and let Ableton look
overcrowded, stodged and cramped! In order to get back to
creativity and easiness also let's remove the arrange-view and
the mixer too. Just take it out!

This is the only way to come back to creativity and productivity -
and maybe get back to a real "live" feeling - sitting on real instruments
and a real drum set! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

So you basically need Cubase Pro 10.

Next ;-)
trtzbass wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm As in, a version of Live EXACTLY as it is but without the session view.
It would be great if it lost all those idiosyncrasies that need to be there for it to be a live performance tool.
It would be fab if one could do vocal comping like in Pro Tools or Cubase for example, or have keyswitches and a more robust mixer section.

Ableton made it pretty clear who their target audience is, loop based and electronic music artists.
trtzbass wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:39 pm As in, a version of Live EXACTLY as it is but without the session view.
It would be great if it lost all those idiosyncrasies that need to be there for it to be a live performance tool.

topaz wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:28 pm So you basically need Cubase Pro 10.
No! Nothing is perfect until everything is the same. Homogeneity is the only future! We must have ProCubaseLogicPerformer. With no session view. So bad luck DP 10.

I'm starting to have the hint of a hunch of a clue of the realisation that maybe you guys are not entirely sure it's a good idea. Maybe.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

have u tried S1(with its pattern based triggering etc.) with MUX (with its racks and macros) quite fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9dytJw6DSE
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Hey OP here lemme show you a great DAW for all the stuff you want.

https://www.reaper.fm/
:borg:

whats up next in the wonderful world of wares n wishes in the boredoms of caputalism?

i want a banana, but can´t it look like those strawberries i like to eat all day?

Session View is pretty much the best thing ever invented in computer music, arrangement view is just for finalising the results from Session View.

P.S. I don't use loops and my music doesn't have beats and doesn't always even stick to any tempo.

Keep dreaming because it won't happen.

I wonder why I keep entertaining the idea I can post anything on the web and hope that it's going to be a fun experience and that we can all have a laugh together.
Cue rudeness, politics, taking it as if one's life depends on Ableton's integrity.
Cheers to those who kept it light.
I'm out.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

trtzbass wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:12 pm I wonder why I keep entertaining the idea I can post anything on the web and hope that it's going to be a fun experience and that we can all have a laugh together.
Cue rudeness, politics, taking it as if one's life depends on Ableton's integrity.
Cheers to those who kept it light.
I'm out.
Dude, if people don't agree with you it's just part of healthy discussion. Not everyone is going to think the same way, so speak up if you want to defend your point of view. Alternatively walk away, but walk away without taking unnecessary baggage with you.
Sweet child in time...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”