1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:53 pm jack.

keeps shitting on my window.
he's saucy that way

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 pm I don't understand how anyone could find the energy to hate a piece of software...

Well some Reaper fans can get a bit annoying, since they take every opportunity to go on about how awesome Reaper is... Nothing against that DAW, though.

E.g. someone posts asking for help because their mix sounds muddy... First reply:
"You need to cut the lows and remove a few elements to clean up the mix. BTW, I saw you're using Ableton Live. You should try Reaper!".

Or someone posts in the Off Topic forum asking for travel advice -
"You should visit Spain! BTW, have you tried Reaper?"
I think this is why a lot of people clicked "hate" here for Reaper. It's not the program itself, which granted looks like some Windows 95 shareware, but the Reaper Army that appear everywhere and try to convert you to their cult. They even insist on writing "REAPER" as if it is GOD. Not my thing...
DAWs are just tools. No need to get religious about it.

P.S.: You should try VIM!

jancivil wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:14 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:53 pm jack.

keeps shitting on my window.
he's saucy that way
:lol:

id forgot about him.

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:28 pm I don't understand how anyone could find the energy to hate a piece of software...

Well some Reaper fans can get a bit annoying, since they take every opportunity to go on about how awesome Reaper is... Nothing against that DAW, though.

E.g. someone posts asking for help because their mix sounds muddy... First reply:
"You need to cut the lows and remove a few elements to clean up the mix. BTW, I saw you're using Ableton Live. You should try Reaper!".

i totally get where youre coming from.
i imagine they stop strangers on the street "can i interest you in a word about reaper?"
theyre everywhere :x

btw, have you tried reaper?
Quite the reverse here - just the same handful of easily identifiable clowns who just hate on Reaper and going on about those elusive 'ravenous reaper fannies'. And its those clowns themselves who get mighty defensive of their preferred DAW when compared with anything else.

Life tip 101.1 - Use what you enjoy until you no longer enjoy it, then do what you can to help or simply move on. If you need internet forums to endorse your preference and ego, you're doing it wrong.
Have you tried Vital?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:10 pm I hated having to try and learn the Pascal programming language back in 2005 as it was included in the first year of a Uni course I did, fortunately they allowed me to drop it and do something else without affecting my additional years I did.

As for the poll, the last option shouldn't have been included, that just provides a reason to cop out of deciding and thus the poll is pretty much inconclusive.
Exactly. How dare someone like something :hihi:

Psuper wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:22 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 pm

i totally get where youre coming from.
i imagine they stop strangers on the street "can i interest you in a word about reaper?"
theyre everywhere :x

btw, have you tried reaper?
Quite the reverse here - just the same handful of easily identifiable clowns who just hate on Reaper and going on about those elusive 'ravenous reaper fannies'. And its those clowns themselves who get mighty defensive of their preferred DAW when compared with anything else.

Life tip 101.1 - Use what you enjoy until you no longer enjoy it, then do what you can to help or simply move on. If you need internet forums to endorse your preference and ego, you're doing it wrong.
ah, "the ravenous reaper fannies"
i saw them supporting "crayfish sundae and the milkshakers" in 78, great year!

As for the poll, the last option shouldn't have been included, that just provides a reason to cop out of deciding and thus the poll is pretty much inconclusive.
If it hadn't been included, those voices (including mine) simply weren't cast and wouldn't change the hate levels on each DAW at all.

I'm not pretending i dont know the feeling of hate, but certainly not for something as mundane as DAW, OS, phone, or socks unless one company is known for torturing their workers more than others or something like that.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:32 pm
If it hadn't been included, those voices (including mine) simply weren't cast and wouldn't change the hate levels on each DAW at all.

I'm not pretending i dont know the feeling of hate, but certainly not for something as mundane as DAW, OS, phone, or socks unless one company is known for torturing their workers more than others or something like that.
But it permits the act of participating without actually committing, those who don't vote don't matter. It's like Brexit, you either vote to stay part of Europe or you don't... :lol:
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

yeah, and look at the shit storm that's caused :roll:

I was told if I voted for Reaper I'd be given £350 million a week.. :x

Why the need for hate? :)

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:26 pm I was told if I voted for Reaper I'd be given £350 million a week.. :x
:lol:

Reaxit?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

:party: alright MuLab is the last one with no Votes.
By acclimation MuLab is therefore officially deemed, “Best Daw”
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

BLMastering wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 pm Why the need for hate? :)
keeps em off the street huffing gas and nicking wheel rims i guess :shrug:

Spencer Maddox wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:29 pm :party: alright MuLab is the last one with no Votes.
By acclimation MuLab is therefore officially deemed, “Best Daw”
Don't be so positive, it's really just that nobody uses it.

Welcome to the Ramada, I'm here all week! Tip your waitresses!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”