Mulab 8:This is by far the best timestretch algo of all DAWs!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

machinesworking wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:53 am , but DP is comfortable.
not for her...

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:44 am See click-bait subject line

Open linked video

Jaw drop...
:tu: Exactly like me... I needed a few minutes to realize this is actually happening...
I find the workflow perfect too... doubleclick on the clip to open a multiple lanes workspace where you can place/copy different parts of the loop to and change their length... all inside 1 clip... well done! :clap:

Trancit wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:21 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:44 am See click-bait subject line

Open linked video

Jaw drop...
:tu: Exactly like me... I needed a few minutes to realize this is actually happening...
I find the workflow perfect too... doubleclick on the clip to open a multiple lanes workspace where you can place/copy different parts of the loop to and change their length... all inside 1 clip... well done! :clap:
It really is quite remarkable. I'm aware of Mulab but never demo'd it, or seen it in action, but it looks pretty cool.

Is it just the work of one guy? If so, it's even more impressive.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:29 pm Is it just the work of one guy? If so, it's even more impressive.
Yes, it´s just him alone ... I find this very remarkable too... updating a complete DAW with a huge list of new features and coming up with such a genius algo...

Found another vid...
Even more impressed with the workflow as this all happens inside of a single clip!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Gk_toypxw

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 pm
not for her...
At least it wasn't DVDA...
Sweet child in time...

Yeah , the developer is from belgium ...great country :)
He used to make muzys for future music magazine .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:02 pm
not for her...
logistics nightmare!
so many legs is asking for a tangle.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Deep Purple wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:02 pm
not for her...
logistics nightmare!
so many legs is asking for a tangle.
Kind of situation where you would want to hire in a management consulting firm.
Sweet child in time...

I´ve just seen he has implemented the same stretch algo into all Sampler instruments too... wow again...

How many years did it take Ableton to implement this in Simpler... and Presonus to make this into Sample One and Impakt XT???

So MuX modular already got the latest time stretch algo? Does it have the "sample clip lane" as in MuLab?

I really don't want another DAW to just tinker around with things as I'm fully dedicated to Reaper at the moment but if that time stretch algo and clip lane thing works inside MuX then it's definitely no-brainer purchase.

There are also some really strange workflow things that I feel are "wrong way around" in MuLab. For instance in the video posted above, the selected clip is darker than all others. I'd prefer it to be exactly the opposite way around (and usually the case everywhere else on a computer.. it's why something is called "highlighted"). If I remember correctly, from demoing MuLab 6 or something back in the day, this was the case all over that little DAW. It was extremely unintuitive as I remember.
Last edited by bmanic on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Sounds good. Basically the same principle as in paul stretch or VPS timefreeze. I think the ProTools XForm could come close especially with vocals.

mike_the_ranger wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm Sounds good. Basically the same principle as in paul stretch or VPS timefreeze. I think the ProTools XForm could come close especially with vocals.
None of those you mention preserve transients the way the posted examples preserve. That's the whole point that makes this so incredible. It can stretch spiky transient heavy sounds without that metallic stutter thing happening, yet retain the transients very well.

This is definitely nowhere near paul stretch which completely obliterates transients even at tiny stretch amounts (and was never meant to be an ordinary time stretch). ProTools XForm wont get anywhere even remotely close to these results on drums.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 pm So MuX modular already got the latest time stretch algo? Does it have the "sample clip lane" as in MuLab?

I really don't want another DAW to just tinker around with things as I'm fully dedicated to Reaper at the moment but if that time stretch algo and clip lane thing works inside MuX then it's definitely no-brainer purchase.
The actual version not... We have to wait for a new version...
Or perhaps Jo is doing something new with this timestretch thingie... let´s wait and see...
Atm I really enjoy to create audio sequences and render them out... 8)
There are also some really strange workflow things that I feel are "wrong way around" in MuLab. For instance in the video posted above, the selected clip is darker than all others. I'd prefer it to be exactly the opposite way around (and usually the case everywhere else on a computer.. it's why something is called "highlighted"). If I remember correctly, from demoing MuLab 6 or something back in the day, this was the case all over that little DAW. It was extremely unintuitive as I remember.
That´s true indeed... normally the selected one should be brighter than the unselected... perhaps you can make a request to him after this weekend...
I am quite sure he takes a break atm... I could imagine, this was quite a lot of work in the past to come up with that all...

bmanic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 pm
mike_the_ranger wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm Sounds good. Basically the same principle as in paul stretch or VPS timefreeze. I think the ProTools XForm could come close especially with vocals.
None of those you mention preserve transients the way the posted examples preserve. That's the whole point that makes this so incredible. It can stretch spiky transient heavy sounds without that metallic stutter thing happening, yet retain the transients very well.

This is definitely nowhere near paul stretch which completely obliterates transients even at tiny stretch amounts (and was never meant to be an ordinary time stretch). ProTools XForm wont get anywhere even remotely close to these results on drums.
That´s what I find the most impressive part too...
The transients are very clear and this classic stretch rattle is not present at all... the stretched version sounds really still like a drum/perc hit and not like some weird granular synthesis...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”