Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 pm ....
One question to the Cubase users: what is the relation between VST2 and VST3 in the Cubase world? Is the VST3 mandatory?
And what is the future of the VST2-format?

All Steinberg's stuff (obviously) is vst3, so is the Arturia collection, the Applied Acoustics Modeling collection, and most of Waldorf's stuff (Largo VST3 version is so buggy it's unusable, but vst2 works fine).

Native Instruments is the laggard of the bunch. My Komplete still all shows as vst2's.

I could be missing something, but I know of _no_ particular advantage in an instrument being VST3 except that in Cubendo you can have it not use any resources when idle.

Many people, it seems believe that to use Note Expression, technically VST3.5 protocol, the instrument needs to be VST3. For Cubendo this is not actually the case. I've been using it in some cases quite extensively since I obtained a ROLI controller and its Equator (running as VST2 in VE Pro, which does not host VST3 anything), and from there certain other instruments, incl NI's Kontakt and Reaktor, and there is no problem at all.

Well, multiple Midi ports (more than 16 channels) for instruments.

I think for fx a clean side chain specification mit be one. Multi-channel? Not sure

jancivil wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 am I could be missing something, but I know of _no_ particular advantage in an instrument being VST3 except that in Cubendo you can have it not use any resources when idle.
Sidechain?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I am a happy S1 user, but consider the crossgrade offer since Retrologue 2 and Padshop is confirmed to be usable in S1 as well, and at least Padshop was on the wishlist already

But its still not enough ti justify the deal for me

My qustion is, if there is unique functions in cubase pro 10, unique enough to use cubase as some kind of "audio editor" in extension to S1 ???

One more question, do we see regulary deals on the Absolute 4 bundle ? what discount ? when ?

That bundle would be much more in my interest, but I never saw a deal on that one
HM

I got Absolute 3 at 50% off in April last year.

HM wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 am My qustion is, if there is unique functions in cubase pro 10, unique enough to use cubase as some kind of "audio editor" in extension to S1 ???
The features are all listed here: https://new.steinberg.net/de/cubase/compare-editions/

It'd be hard to figure out which features would maybe be useful to you, or, what you are missing exactly in Studio One.

steff3 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:47 am Well, multiple Midi ports (more than 16 channels) for instruments.
Yeah, you could have the 4 ports from Kontakt. I use VE Pro VST3, up to 48 per instance, though, don't know how I forgot to cite that one. Brain damage

jens wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:13 am
jancivil wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 am I could be missing something, but I know of _no_ particular advantage in an instrument being VST3 except that in Cubendo you can have it not use any resources when idle.
Sidechain?
For an instrument? Yeah I'm aware of the advantage in Cubendo for side-chaining compression.

HM wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:17 am
My qustion is, if there is unique functions in cubase pro 10, unique enough to use cubase as some kind of "audio editor" in extension to S1 ???
I don't know what S1 is or isn't capable of, let alone what would be worth it to another individual whose needs I don't know.

Vari-Audio is unique to Steinberg. I use the Elastique time stretch, particularly new-ish is Tape Formant mode, to me anyway. A lot of this is probably industry-wide to some extent.

Direct Offline Processing, so you may recall specifically an edit and do something else or lose it. Donno if S1 does.
https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... ons_c.html

^It does.

I miss only an Ableton Live like Instrument rack from Cubase, so created one with MUX, one rack with parallel plugin-slot wiring (for instruments) and two racks with serial ones (for fxs with secondary audio-ins for sidechaining) and a prewired macro for Byome MIDI triggering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYZXLjIGBP4

put all the racks to an inner MUX so all the macros of it can be LFOed etc. from the outer one, same way as the prewired Byome one works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xbitz on Mon May 27, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

jancivil wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:00 pm
jens wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:13 am
Sidechain?
For an instrument?
Vocoder?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

never thought of it like that. so there's another

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”