RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monotone Pro Expansion (Monotone Presets) Reason 12

I'm having fun with the new stuff.

neverenoughfunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm
Anosou wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:18 pm
ictools wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:24 pm
neverenoughfunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm
perfumer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am Reason - a collection of mediocre synths and basic sample players, with a rear view.

I re-demoed it briefly the other day - for me CPU load has not improved.

Uninstalled, and not going to bother any more.
is there any way WE can hear some of your music?

then WE will be able to understand your comment(s) better... right?
[sarcasm]

Yeah, because all the top Grammy and Billboard winners are producing in Reason.

[/sarcasm]
This discussion about music quality is always super weird to me. We're in a world where you can make amazing music with most tools. There are Reason users who are full-time producers, working with Max Martin and have more Billboard toppers than I can count. And there are Reason users who make weird noises in their basement that'd be offensive to most humans. And everything in between. Even then, "good music" is subjective.

I think it doesn't really matter. If you think Reason has mediocre devices, that's fine. If you think Reason has the best devices in the world, that's also fine. Opinions are personal so it's a bit insulting to go "you're not entitled to your opinion unless your music sounds amazeballs to me". At least that's what I think :party:
you always go on a tangent with your responses...
Sorry about that, just a personality trait I've developed from 15 years hanging around on forums. :ud:

How about updating Redrum with new features instead of a new drum sampler. Now we have three drum machines (if you don’t count NNXT & NN19) with quite a bit of overlap.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Cool new toys. Pretty instantly resultable which is the whole idea seeing they are really phone apps.

Drums fitted right in with a Synthwave track I was making. The synth may not be my go-to but it definitely has an immediate and punchy sound.

I'm more excited to get use of Balance back
:-)

EnochLight wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:54 pm I'm pretty disappointed that it doesn't sample (which is a huge missed opportunity IMHO). I do like the placement of the pads - it's super easy to finger drum.
+1

Doesn't feel like a Reason device anymore. But maybe it's aimed to that finger drumming since I noticed the same.

While I'd love this new Rack device to open my samples it is a freebie (to support the app) and allowing user samples would cannibalize from the Uumph device sales. As it is this makes me more interested in one of those.
:-)

I really like new Bass synth. It's really bold and simple.

I was under impression that these two devices are only in mobile version.

Nice surprise when i updated Reason to 10.4.

Well played :)

Benedict wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 am allowing user samples would cannibalize from the Uumph device sales.
I don’t know about that - the Umpf series is still far more advanced, feature-wise (and comes with a ton more content). But sampling in Reason Compact (on actual iOS) is what’s needed - and then the ability to transfer said samples to full Reason proper.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

neverenoughfunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm the "actual" music will give US a reference point for ones opinion(s)...

i.e. there are some who has an opinion but never finished a song... right?

p.s. NO!!! one's music does not have to sound amazing... but it should sound like one knows his/her way around a DAW... right? maybe? have to think about it? :party:
Good gosh.. the Gearslut force in you is strong. :borg:

I think it's perfectly fine to have an opinion about a DAW and its performance quality and not have any musical talent or taste or even be a professional musician completing music. Its just an opinion about a product. He also said the CPU performance was not impressive. Thats also a valid opinion. He don't have to be a computer engineer or programmer to claim CPU optimization and performance is not to his liking.

Just like I am allowed to go into a car delaership and try out a car and go, no I dont like it. I dont have to be a car engineer for my opinion to be valid.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

neverenoughfunk wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:49 pm
perfumer wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 am Reason - a collection of mediocre synths and basic sample players, with a rear view.

I re-demoed it briefly the other day - for me CPU load has not improved.

Uninstalled, and not going to bother any more.
is there any way WE can hear some of your music?

then WE will be able to understand your comment(s) better... right?
No, not really. And the argument doesn't get any more true with the amount of times it is being repeated.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 am ... not suitable for psybass.
That is actually a plus! I'd use that as a marketing slogan if I made a synth! :lol:
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

kmonkey wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:29 am I really like new Bass synth. It's really bold and simple.

I was under impression that these two devices are only in mobile version.

Nice surprise when i updated Reason to 10.4.

Well played :)
Dito! Didn't expect the update and two new devices at all, even if they are simple ones. The design is OK, and the bass synth sounds good. I've seen far worse not for free stuff so I don't know why some people are complaining.
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

EnochLight wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 am
Benedict wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:05 am allowing user samples would cannibalize from the Uumph device sales.
I don’t know about that - the Umpf series is still far more advanced, feature-wise (and comes with a ton more content). But sampling in Reason Compact (on actual iOS) is what’s needed - and then the ability to transfer said samples to full Reason proper.
I don't understand why any new Ph drum ROMpler wouldn't include sampling and sample loading. This should be a standard feature IMHO.
ImageImageImage

Noel G. wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm I don't understand why any new Ph drum ROMpler wouldn't include sampling and sample loading. This should be a standard feature IMHO.
I am guessing and my understanding is that reason for that is that latest two additions are primarily mobile focused. I mean they were released for mobile platform. Like for people on mobile phones etc. But if you want to go big, you can open/translate/migrate these Reason mobile session on full blown DAW (Reason in this case).

In that case i don't really see many people attaching their phones on computers, then translating like crazy their sample libraries, and then loading thousands of samples on the phone/mobile itself seems like an overkill to me (that's just me of course).

That's how i see it.

Noel G. wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 pm
EnochLight wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 am
But sampling in Reason Compact (on actual iOS) is what’s needed - and then the ability to transfer said samples to full Reason proper.
I don't understand why any new Ph drum ROMpler wouldn't include sampling and sample loading. This should be a standard feature IMHO.
This x1000 (in iOS anyway). Carrying around a pocket sampler that would allow me to sample anything on-the-fly would be epic.
kmonkey wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:01 pm I am guessing and my understanding is that reason for that is that latest two additions are primarily mobile focused. I mean they were released for mobile platform. Like for people on mobile phones etc. But if you want to go big, you can open/translate/migrate these Reason mobile session on full blown DAW (Reason in this case).

In that case i don't really see many people attaching their phones on computers, then translating like crazy their sample libraries, and then loading thousands of samples on the phone/mobile itself seems like an overkill to me (that's just me of course).

That's how i see it.
The thing is, if it's truly meant for mobile (in your pocket phones), then it makes complete sense to be able to sample with said mobile app, and transfer said samples to Reason proper, IMHO.

Hadn't anyone just wanted to walk around and sample shit they hear in the world? This really works great for percussive stuff (but I can also imagine a world where pocket granular sampling is a thing, too).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”