I love my Cubase 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecode wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 am
sqigls wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:52 pm v10 uses a shit ton more CPU than v9.5
I didn't find that on my setup. The exact same projects from 9.5.x use less CPU on 10.5.x

Perhaps it's the 3rd party plugins or vst you are using.
maybe, but i just loaded the exact same project back and forth from 9.5 to 10 on the same machine and in 9.5 the meter was sitting at 25%... in 10 it was more like 50% and there were spikes and dropouts.
Most often the problems in Cubase are due to third-party plugins, i realise this. And I could try repeating this exercise with a few different songs, but that's just one observation, my first observation using v10.

I just watched the Sonic State Cubase 10.5 vid, which has some cool new features again.

i was perfectly happy with 6.5. ...Flippin OS updates init
back under your rock grandad

sqigls wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 pm
telecode wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 am
sqigls wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:52 pm v10 uses a shit ton more CPU than v9.5
I didn't find that on my setup. The exact same projects from 9.5.x use less CPU on 10.5.x

Perhaps it's the 3rd party plugins or vst you are using.
maybe, but i just loaded the exact same project back and forth from 9.5 to 10 on the same machine and in 9.5 the meter was sitting at 25%... in 10 it was more like 50% and there were spikes and dropouts.
Most often the problems in Cubase are due to third-party plugins, i realise this. And I could try repeating this exercise with a few different songs, but that's just one observation, my first observation using v10.

I just watched the Sonic State Cubase 10.5 vid, which has some cool new features again.

i was perfectly happy with 6.5. ...Flippin OS updates init
back under your rock grandad
it could be you all have really large projects with large # of tracks using 3rd party vsts. Most of my stuff is < 20 tracks and lots of audio tracks. for my stuff, am seeing less CPU usage. i think there is a blurb their site about what work Steinberg did for CPU optimization.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

My bandmate has sent me links to a few videos lately that have opened up Cubase even more for me. Consequently, I am loving it more and more every day. It is absolutely awesome what you can do and how much it has to support any workflow you can think of.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:50 pm My bandmate has sent me links to a few videos lately that have opened up Cubase even more for me. Consequently, I am loving it more and more every day. It is absolutely awesome what you can do and how much it has to support any workflow you can think of.
You should check out the Greg Ondo videos on YouTube
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Nice! I just watched the one on step input and it has some very cool features. I'll definitely be watching a few more of his stuff. Thanks for the tip.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Happy Cubase user here too! Just one thing: They could make the modifier keys/mouse modifiers more customizable to allow better workflow, but other than that :thumbsup!

rmacattack wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 am
rmacattack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 am Cubase is a great old school DAW.
"Old school" as opposed to what?
It's not really used among the new generational producers/engineers. Since finishing up audio school it's primarily pro tools/logic and we have Ableton. Then on the outside my classmates us Ableton, Fl and Logic. Studio One, Reaper, Cubase and Sonar were never talked about in that circle.
Then look out for better friends, I'd say… :lol: :hihi:

Or maybe not, because you're one of them… :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

telecode wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:03 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:50 pm My bandmate has sent me links to a few videos lately that have opened up Cubase even more for me. Consequently, I am loving it more and more every day. It is absolutely awesome what you can do and how much it has to support any workflow you can think of.
You should check out the Greg Ondo videos on YouTube
Am I the only one who has a hard time listening to him?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

He's not as bad as some of the videos I've watched but my limit is 10 minutes for any video like that and my preference is 2-3 minutes. Otherwise it is easier to look it up in the manual.

his voice really cuts through the mix

I have an interesting problem at the moment. The song I've been working on for the past week or so won't play. I press the play button or the spacebar and nothing happens. If I move the cursor to a spot mid-way through the song, it plays OK but it won't just play from any point in the timeline. It has been getting progressively worse over time and it's really hard now to find a spot it will start from. None of my other songs are affected, just this one project. I've looked and there isn't a single tool in use here that isn't also used somewhere else, except for a Kontakt instrument but if I mute or even delete that channel, the problem persists. Anyone seen anything like that before?

(Don't worry, I still love Cubase.)

BONES wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:26 am I have an interesting problem at the moment. The song I've been working on for the past week or so won't play. I press the play button or the spacebar and nothing happens. If I move the cursor to a spot mid-way through the song, it plays OK but it won't just play from any point in the timeline. It has been getting progressively worse over time and it's really hard now to find a spot it will start from. None of my other songs are affected, just this one project. I've looked and there isn't a single tool in use here that isn't also used somewhere else, except for a Kontakt instrument but if I mute or even delete that channel, the problem persists. Anyone seen anything like that before?

(Don't worry, I still love Cubase.)
Might be a corrupt audio file(If any)
Best way to solve it is, to open up a new project and import project data from that song one by one to pinpoint the problem

This is all I have to say on this ecumenical matter....replace dongle with....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZU6UMDfgY
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I like dongles.

I have Cubase on a dongle and have an ilok dongle.

It makes reinstalling windows so much easier. Install the software and plug in the dongle - licence done. Whats not to like ?

And on the subject of Cubase I am with the OP and love it.

I bought Studio One Pro (dongleless) and Cubase to see which one I liked best and Cubase is the clear winner for me.

jens wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:12 pm
rmacattack wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 am
rmacattack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 am Cubase is a great old school DAW.
"Old school" as opposed to what?
It's not really used among the new generational producers/engineers. Since finishing up audio school it's primarily pro tools/logic and we have Ableton. Then on the outside my classmates us Ableton, Fl and Logic. Studio One, Reaper, Cubase and Sonar were never talked about in that circle.
Then look out for better friends, I'd say… :lol: :hihi:

Or maybe not, because you're one of them… :lol:
My former classmates will dance circles around you in the studio. Trust me...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”