REASON 11 - Round the corner?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...looks like almost 2 years since last 10 update...Are you looking forward to new 11 th update?
..do you upgrade every time update comes out? I did from 6.5 to 10...sort of not used R that much..
anyway ..hoping to have fun again...maybe more modular Reason will become... :idea:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Propellerheads got a new CEO in May. I do not know if this made a difference to any ongoing projects within the company. Considering they also have a new Sr. Vice President to both marketing and product, it may be that the next release will merely be bug crushing instead of product expansion. Down the road (late this year, early next year) they may offer a newly introduced product altogether.

Considering all of this was planned, however, it may be business as usual.

Will be the first release since 2005 that has no bearing on me whatsoever in terms of what I feel it needs - R11+ would have to be mindblowing for me to even notice this time round.

While I was fully in the Reason camp I would have advocated the same thing I always had - work on the DAW. But now that Cubase is my main DAW, I only want to see Reason devices made into VSTs (only because I spent years learning them).

I'm guessing you'll get more 3rd party crippled bits along with some basic Reason compact-compatible REs, an improvement or two and a ton of marketing.
Have you tried Vital?

hell will freeze again ( I guess) if...

- we get scalable GUI
- new updated Recycle inc in R11
- Grain, Thor etc ;-) - VSTi
- Complex X
- blahh blahh blahh ;-)
- click a button - generative song created - Ta Daaa...

joking aside .. :dog: ....New GUI and free 4K 30" screen ....would be nice....
..pls keep the cables too...wont know where the signal goes...

ps...animated cables pls ..so I know where the electricity is going ;-)... :tu:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

I think Reason Rack instruments , samplers, and effects made into VST/ VSTi would be a better idea before a Reason11 release .

fedexnman wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:20 pm I think Reason Rack instruments , samplers, and effects made into VST/ VSTi would be a better idea before a Reason11 release .
What if Reason itself was a VST - kind of like Maschine meets Reaktor. I don't actually own Reason so I don't know how feasible that is, but it would peak my interest...

jeffb01 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:28 pm
fedexnman wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:20 pm I think Reason Rack instruments , samplers, and effects made into VST/ VSTi would be a better idea before a Reason11 release .
What if Reason itself was a VST - kind of like Maschine meets Reaktor. I don't actually own Reason so I don't know how feasible that is, but it would peak my interest...
You can pretty much do that already with ReWire

Rewire is mostly audio only, though. Reason as a VSTi would be quite interesting. Although i'm not sure if you really need the whole sequencer part in it. Maybe PH will rather release some of the included machines as VSTi's.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:44 pm Rewire is mostly audio only, though.
:?:

You can use ReWire to send MIDI from the master to the slave, then get audio back to the master - pretty much the same as a plugin.

Not sure what you mean by "audio only"

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:44 pm Rewire is mostly audio only, though.
I think Rewire is only for sending midi, receiving audio. You can't use Rewire if you want to use Reason as a pure audio fx.
chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:44 pm Reason as a VSTi would be quite interesting. Although i'm not sure if you really need the whole sequencer part in it. Maybe PH will rather release some of the included machines as VSTi's.
Reason as a Combinator/Rack VST would be perfect.

Make the whole Rack part of Reason a VST/VSTi separate from just running Reason as a VST .... Yes .... Rewire is annoying yes .

Also my grandma always asked: "Is there a Reason?"
Now I know ... :roll:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

It will be sold to Apple and be called 'Reason For Apple', the end :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Rewire would only be viable for me this day and age if it allowed audio IN to Reason from the host DAW, and back out to it.
Have you tried Vital?

jeffb01 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:28 pm
I really hope this happens. I think it would be a very wise move strategically and business wise. Let's face it there are so many people who would never leave their DAW for Reason. I know all of my friends who use Ableton or Logic would completely scoff at the idea of switching to Reason. However, they all would totally be open to loading it as a VST instrument and using Reason for what it is truly great at ... a creative, sound design playground. It opens Reason up to a whole new audience.

They can certainly can and should keep the standalone DAW version for those who want that... but by also having the Rack as a VST option they appeal to the vast majority of people who want to keep their current DAW. This means a bigger pool of people potentially buying Rack Extensions (and subscribing to the Rack Extension plans), which gives them financial incentive to do all of this.

I feel like Europa as VST was them testing the waters I bit. They've been slowly chipping away at their isolationist mentality. I predict we will see this at some point. Hopefully the new CEO / execs really push it in this direction.

PS for those saying rewire. It's absolutely NOT the same thing. Rewire is limited and clunky. It's a pain to maintain two project files as well.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”