Reason 11 announced!!!

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
bharris22
KVRAF
1761 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:50 am

bharris22 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:37 am
EnochLight wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:57 pm
bharris22 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:14 pm
Personally, the value proposition between Reason 11 Intro v. Reason 11 is skewed - there is significantly more value in Intro.
Is it? Really, I disagree.

For $67 more, you get 24 more devices over Intro:
  • Grain Sample Manipulator (worth $67 by itself IMHO)
  • Malström Graintable Synthesizer
  • Radical Piano Advanced Acoustic Piano
  • Klang Tuned Percussion
  • Pangea World Instruments
  • Humana Vocal Ensemble
  • Sweeper Modulation Effect
  • Quartet Chorus Ensemble
  • Synchronous Effect Modulator
  • The Echo
  • Pulveriser Demolition Unit
...among many others. But I realize money is relative, etc. To me, that amount of money for the things you get in return is a no-brainer.
The key word here is personally. I have many of the devices already, having won them in Luftrum's auction several years back, and received others as freebies over the years (Synchronous was a freebie at one point, IIRC). Thus, there aren't 24 extra devices for me - I just needed a way to get the VST version, and as the VST included with Intro loads all of the users REs, Intro was definitely the cheaper way to go.
Well, having bought and installed Reason 11 Intro, there are definite pros and cons. The pros are that I can use the VST version and access all of my REs now. The cons are that I did not realize 1) how many of the stock effects are not included in Intro, and 2) Combinators that were created in previous full versions of Reason will not even load. I didn't realize that the Combinators won't even load - I had thought that I could just replace the missing device with another one that I had (or ignore it altogether).

I want to be able to use all of my refills, so I think I will likely sell Intro and just spring for the difference for the standard upgrade. Having bought Intro at $50, I don't think I will have any trouble selling it for at least that much.

Of course, if anyone here missed the 50% Intro sale and would like to buy it from me for $50, just PM me :).

Lotuz2019
KVRian
514 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:21 am

Remember that you can't sell a license within 30 days. You can also get a refund within 30 days.

User avatar
bharris22
KVRAF
1761 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:31 am

Really? How would I go about getting the refund - directly through my account on the Reason Studios site, or do I need to contact them?

Lotuz2019
KVRian
514 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:37 am


User avatar
bharris22
KVRAF
1761 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:50 am

Thanks!

Caine123
KVRAF
6259 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 am

Is reason 11 intro cp codemeter?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

student9v
KVRer
27 posts since 26 Sep, 2018

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:17 pm

Caine123 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:39 am
Is reason 11 intro cp codemeter?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... s-it-work-

User avatar
telecode
KVRAF
1818 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:12 am

Hi, anyone using Reason 11 and the Rack Plugin in Cubase? Working well or not?

Psuper
KVRist
423 posts since 3 May, 2018

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:50 am

telecode wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:12 am
Hi, anyone using Reason 11 and the Rack Plugin in Cubase? Working well or not?
The beta worked great but without MIDI interoperability the rack is useless to me. Once it's added, I'll be purchasing it.
Cubase has won the Prize! And Reason Rack is is invited to the party again! :party:
...I now need nothing but more hours in a day.

waiting man
KVRAF
2752 posts since 30 Aug, 2001 from where dinosaurs are still alive

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:41 am


User avatar
EnochLight
KVRAF
1650 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Win 10 | Reason 11 | Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland System 1 | Roland MX-1

AristocraTe
KVRer
12 posts since 15 Feb, 2016 from EU

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 am

Did someone have ported some old reason V5 with thor and Scream to V11 and have sound different after that?

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRAF
1650 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:31 am

AristocraTe wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 am
Did someone have ported some old reason V5 with thor and Scream to V11 and have sound different after that?
No. It sounds exactly the same if you just open up the Reason V5 project in V11. :party: Just don't plan on using any Line 6 devices, as they were dropped after V8.
Win 10 | Reason 11 | Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland System 1 | Roland MX-1

AristocraTe
KVRer
12 posts since 15 Feb, 2016 from EU

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 am

i get some trouble to get my work from Reason V5 back to the V11 version
as you can see with exact same setting get (same ableton file and reason combinator) a different sound
With reason 5 as rewire
https://soundcloud.com/aristocrate/able ... it/s-nBGIy
with V11
https://soundcloud.com/aristocrate/able ... it/s-6Qbws
Do you have any idea how i can fix that or its not possible?
If not
Possible to get a working version of 6.5 (as i own V11)
i tried to download and install the 6.5 from the website but i get this https://gyazo.com/b48caa7d733c738696ec9627cc8ac43e
same for version 7

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRAF
1650 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Reason 11 announced!!!

Post Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:22 am

AristocraTe wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:50 am
i get some trouble to get my work from Reason V5 back to the V11 version
as you can see with exact same setting get (same ableton file and reason combinator) a different sound
With reason 5 as rewire
https://soundcloud.com/aristocrate/able ... it/s-nBGIy
with V11
https://soundcloud.com/aristocrate/able ... it/s-6Qbws
Do you have any idea how i can fix that or its not possible?
If not
Possible to get a working version of 6.5 (as i own V11)
i tried to download and install the 6.5 from the website but i get this https://gyazo.com/b48caa7d733c738696ec9627cc8ac43e
same for version 7
Weird. I wonder if it's related to Ableton Live's PDC? Were you triggering those sounds via Reason's sequencer in Reason 5 (via ReWire)? I'm assuming you're loading the Combi in Reason 11 Rack Plugin in the last example and using Live's sequencer to trigger. Is that the case?

I think you'd be better served reaching out to Reason Studio's tech support and providing them the songfile and/or Combi patch. I'm sure they can get to the bottom of it.
Win 10 | Reason 11 | Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland System 1 | Roland MX-1

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”