Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

So, anyone here has anything constructive to contribute to this topic other than commenting “ha-ha very funny” on the silly video?

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:10 pm So, anyone here has anything constructive to contribute to this topic other than commenting “ha-ha very funny” on the silly video?
Well, there’s dozens of pages of constructive feedback in this thread. Have you read through them?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ha-ha very funny, great silly video

:roll:
Have you tried Vital?

Insta click :lol:

I've been demoing this for a while now and though I can barely afford it I think I'll have to change my mind and get it.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:10 pm So, anyone here has anything constructive to contribute to this topic other than commenting “ha-ha very funny” on the silly video?
I found the video to be funny. Cheers.

NO, you CAN'T. You must be serious all the time!

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:25 pm Insta click :lol:

I've been demoing this for a while now and though I can barely afford it I think I'll have to change my mind and get it.
If you only use Reason full version and on version 10, there's barely anything in this update for you... if you can barely afford it.. it really doesn't make any sense getting it. Even as a Reason 7 user, there's really nothing that I feel worth updating for... Until the scalability of the rack is addressed... I'm not interested.

I think that the only real benefit I've got from using Reason with exception making some music and acquiring a boat load of sample content I can access for Studio One projects is U-HE's Effect rack extensions I bought, which I could then convert to being able to use the VST version of them which can scale nicely in Studio One as like the other instruments. (There's no additional cost for this either).

God knows what Reason 12 will look like...but it's pretty clear that Reason 11 is a stop gap release.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

But I'm really using crossfades and the vertical zoom per track A LOT. Curves are nice too.

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:37 pm But I'm really using crossfades and the vertical zoom per track A LOT. Curves are nice too.
You still don't have folder tracks, something that other DAWs like Reaper, Studio One and Cubase has.. and I'm pretty sure someone could real off another dozen things, that are common in other DAWs... Smart tools, Macro functionality...etc.. If you haven't already... it's worth branching out to see what other DAWs provide and not to feel locked in within Reason's eco system.. Personally I found Propellerheads way of drip feeding things with Reason truly frustrating over the years.. Look at the scale of Studio One's free feature .5 updates ( like version 3.5 & 4.5) compared to the paid update to Reason 11...from 10... I provided a list and additional videos in the TPR Studio One thread. It should give you some perspective of the magnitude between what Reason is offering to you...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

LMAO!! And what would a Reason thread be without THE INTRANCER plugging Studio One... Again.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:15 pm LMAO!! And what would a Reason thread be without THE INTRANCER plugging Studio One... Again.
Don't forget I mentioned Reaper and Cubase for balance... and I hate Reaper in so many ways.. I'm not a big fan of Cubase either from when I tested 9.5.. :hihi:

I'm with Reason, period. I've tried all those "others" and though they are fine products they don't inspire me the way Reason does :) None are perfect, this is the one I've chosen.

Heads up, we just released Reason 11.0.1 which includes Reason Rack Plugin 11.0.1. It fixes some bugs in plugin mode, including a crash when you've authorized your computer in certain cases. Additionally Reason Rack Plugin Effect now properly reports latency to the host—both for the devices and the additional 64 frames. :party:

:pray:
:borg:

PSA/heads up:

This maintenance update fixes the PDC bugs, but there's also a bug on Windows that lingers. If you have a VST window locked open when you try to render a loop with MIDI info in the sequencer, it will freeze up Reason. Make sure your VST window is closed before rendering audio!

* Thanks to Navi for discovering this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”