Ableton is everywhere...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

they're a laundrette, they deal with that shit!
literally!

It's long been eradicated from my system, so it's not everywhere.. I hate the entire year 2000 GUI with a passon....so I skim quickly over magazine pages where it's shown lol.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:29 pmI hate the entire year 2000 GUI with a passon
That's interesting given your seeming interest in all things retro.

Anyway, I can see why people think it's an ugly duckling, but I really like how it looks :tu:

Me too. It’s refreshing to see something that doesn’t stick to the same tired paradigm that so many other DAWs use.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:39 pm Me too. It’s refreshing to see something that doesn’t stick to the same tired paradigm that so many other DAWs use.
I think there's also a big difference depending on the chosen theme. 'Dark' now, and 'Disco' before it are such inviting spaces, imo. Still never really learnt it (Only have 'Lite'), but that'll need to change for an upcoming project :tu:

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:15 pm Just make sure there is a good skid mark in every pair
In the socks? That’s dedication.

Gamma-UT wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:54 pm
Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:15 pm Just make sure there is a good skid mark in every pair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvkr6GBWLw

Always a useful fallback if you run out of toilet paper...

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:59 pm
I often run out of paper, on-purpose, just so I can. Ah! The benefits of being a single man :hihi:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:03 pm
I often run out of paper, on-purpose, just so I can. Ah! The benefits of being a single man :hihi:
Well if you’ve got to wash them, it’s worth making sure they REALLY need to be washed... :hihi:

Besides the obvious (Live being frigging awesome), I always wondered if devs don't simply use Live as neutral gray background to make the plugins stand-out (while still retaining the "real life usage" scenario).

Forgotten wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:10 pm
Well if you’ve got to wash them, it’s worth making sure they REALLY need to be washed... :hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:scared:

Interesting how a thread about Ableton suddenly can turn into a thread about toilet paper. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 pm
:scared:
To be fair, I thought he was referring to the dog slide-wiping from the video I posted. My comment suggesting that I purposefully run out of toilet paper just so I can skid along the rug like a dog.

On reflection, it doesn't really sound much better :o :hihi: :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”