Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Is Massive X really more CPU heavy than RePro? Hard to believe... it isn't THAT demanding (Massive X). At least not the heaviest soft synth i ever used. That "honor" belongs to Monark. :P

I hear you, it all depends on how you’re using it of course - Monark is a beast, worthy of yet another stress test :) Mabye later lol

thejonsolo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:01 am 2014: Wednesday December 3
2015: Wednesday December 2
2016: Wednesday December 7
2017: Wednesday November 15
2018: Wednesday November 14
thebutler wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 am PS:- agree with @thejonsolo dates; add
Dec 05 2012 for v7.0.0
Dec 04 2013 for v7.5
I was under the impression (based on no proof), Steinberg moved the updates from December to November, due to the increasing popularity of Black Friday. So they drop the release now, before Black Friday so they can sell a bucket load of updates whilst people still have money.

Given the increase in developers / sites are now starting to do Black Friday month. It wouldn't surprise me if next year Cubase 11 is released in October.

I still think it will be out this Wednesday though.

I doubt we see it this month, I hope we do, though.

People are forgetting or aren't aware how badly Mac OS Catalina is messing things up in the development world.

xphen0m wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:23 pm I doubt we see it this month, I hope we do, though.

People are forgetting or aren't aware how badly Mac OS Catalina is messing things up in the development world.
I so wish they would just release 10.5 for Windows only now and wait about 6 months to release it for Mac :P
Windows users should not be punished because Apple keeps breaking things.

xphen0m wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:23 pm I doubt we see it this month, I hope we do, though.

I highly doubt they would delay the entire release because they aren't going to lose out on the holiday season shopping. And they stick to a very consistent schedule that likely keeps money coming at a steady pace, both for the local team and parent investors.

They would likely release it with a warning about Catalina. They didn't delay their release to wait for ARA2 support or for the new video engine. Both were added in updates later as they were not ready for the upgrade release time. So I would assume that if there are remaining issues, they will release with a warning and a note about Catalina support coming soon.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Can anyone access Steinbergs site? Or is it just me?
Or is today....

Doesn't work here either.

Cubase 10.5 upcoming. ;)

False alarm. It's back up. :dog:

Also expecting a Wednesday release here like everybody else, considering that 10.5's 2nd Release Candidate build was out on Oct 10th

Yup, site is up and down - should be incoming soon!

I upgraded from 9.5 this morning hoping to catch the grace period :D

Is the 10.5 free for all ver. 10 owners - what is the Steinberg policy? (ask a Live-user).

RobGee wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:30 am I upgraded from 9.5 this morning hoping to catch the grace period :D
You'll surely do. IF they stick with their release cycle. :) (Now imagine they will release 10.5 end of next year... :D)

Harry_HH wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:42 am Is the 10.5 free for all ver. 10 owners - what is the Steinberg policy? (ask a Live-user).
It's not likely. It's Steinberg's business model to charge for a .5 release to fix the stuff that should have been working the last time you gave them money.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”