Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Over here reaper doesn't make any distinction between 50 or 75 % track layout , no difference whatsoever
Jusr using a regular screen ( no retina )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 pm
Klinke wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:21 pm I needed some time till it clicked, but now I find it an extremly clever solution and I prefer it a lot compared to the WiredChain script, and other solution where you move blocks and get easily an overview that looks like spaghetti. In my opinion the main disadvantage compared to other solutions is the need for mixers when you want to merge back the splitted signal.
interesting, I'd at least need to be able to zoom in and out for it to work for me - is that possible? My usual scroll wheeling did not work

Also the dangling cable thing is not very good - gets in the way of vision - unless there is some way of shifting them?
My comment only referred to the signal flow within a track. I am also much less convinced of the usefulness of the rest of the wiring view.

interesting, I'd at least need to be able to zoom in and out for it to work for me - is that possible? My usual scroll wheeling did not work

Also the dangling cable thing is not very good - gets in the way of vision - unless there is some way of shifting them?
no zoom yet

right-click and choose only show wires on mouseover
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

Audio~Geek wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:40 am

no zoom yet

right-click and choose only show wires on mouseover
thanks - the "only show... " improves things quite a bit.

Hink wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 pm I know there are trolls, I know people want to get their shot it or response to any trolls that might happen along but that only exacerbates the problem...please dont feed the trolls, report them. You statements as in attacks are a quick way out of this thread.
Ah, I apologize. I didn't know if this sort of sniping and backbiting was something mods would want reported, or else I wouldn't have said anything, I would've just reported stuff.

I really like the default UI changes. Looks great!

Will see how the other changes pan out, if/when they become relevant.

PushNation bruh :nutter:

Most important improvements in Reaper 6:

-- Track delay - unlasting, and long time overdue!
-- Performance optimations for huge track counts (maybe already in 5.9.anything)

The last point means that Reaper feels even lighter and more responsive
than it was already before. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I said it once and do it again:

For me V6 is the biggest disappointment since I know Reaper... there is not a single bit included which improves all the silly inconsistencies Reaper carries over the last 10 years...

That´s the problem I think with an owner who don´t need money anymore...

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:16 am I said it once and do it again:

For me V6 is the biggest disappointment since I know Reaper... there is not a single bit included which improves all the silly inconsistencies Reaper carries over the last 10 years...

That´s the problem I think with an owner who don´t need money anymore...
I was so overcome with emotion reading your tale of woe Trancit,that I had to reach for the tissues...

Surely you can find one thing about v6 that rings your joy bells and puts a smile on your dial ?

Just one,tiny glimmer of light in the darkness ?

I'll tell you what....

If you go and give v6 another crack and you still come back here a little disappointed,we might all kick in and start a Go Fund Me page for you so that you can get with the happiness program...

How does that sound ? :wink:
No auto tune...

That´s what I love the most... :D

Once you say something against the holy Reaper there is always chiming in some priest trying to convince you that even the biggest crap release is the holy grail because it´s Reaper...

Thx man... you already brought a smile on my face :tu:

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 am That´s what I love the most... :D

Once you say something against the holy Reaper there is always chiming in some priest trying to convince you that even the biggest crap release is the holy grail because it´s Reaper...

Thx man... you already brought a smile on my face :tu:
I dunno? Reaper is one of 4 DAWs on my system and I'm not disappointed.
There seem to be two models for .0 releases, big changes out the door, constant upgrades like Cubase etc. and the Logic, Live, DP, Reaper approach where sometimes a .1 update is like what Steinberg would charge you $150 for. I've no doubt more features and bug fixes are coming, Reaper is constantly updated.

Now are those updates things I want personally all the time?? no, not even close. The one thing that Reaper got that I wanted this time was actual MIDI CC drawing, but I'm happy one of my requests was implemented, because I've owned a lot of DAWs over a long time, and I realize I will never be "happy".
The imaginary perfect DAW exists in my head, not in reality. :wink:

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:16 am Thx man... you already brought a smile on my face :tu:
That's fantastic news...

From disappointment to delight in one easy step...

I will cancel the offer of the Go Fund Me page because it sounds as if your joy bells are already ringing...

That's what we like to hear :wink:
No auto tune...

Was the 6.0 not just because they ran out of numbers and finally wanted to get harryupbabble to join? The poor guy needs to starve now for 3 days to pay for it...
I would not expect too many changes with version numbering systems business models like that...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:12 am Was the 6.0 not just because they ran out of numbers and finally wanted to get harryupbabble to join? The poor guy needs to starve now for 3 days to pay for it...
I would not expect too many changes with version numbering systems business models like that...

^^^This
harryupbabble... nice reference :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”