Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

forestrip wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 am These windows, gradients, shadows of button, shapes - ala "shit analog devices"
are you guys laughing? we live in 2020 - and the design of 6 theme is drawn as in the beginning of 2000 :? :? :? :?
I wish I had these looks in 2000 :lol:
forestrip wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:44 am Justin - please find a normal GUI designer please :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
If you don't like the default theme, take a look at the available ones (there are literally dozens) and select one that looks better for you. One of the advantages of REAPER is that there are so many choices that the chances you find one that suits you are really high: https://stash.reaper.fm/tag/Themes
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 am If you don't like the default theme, take a look at the available ones (there are literally dozens) and select one that looks better for you. One of the advantages of REAPER is that there are so many choices that the chances you find one that suits you are really high: https://stash.reaper.fm/tag/Themes
I have been working in reaper for several years and I tried a lot of themes - and refused all of them, since most of them are either not adapted for laptop screens or look ridiculous like a child’s

The problem needs to be solved not with a new painted skin - but with a redrawing of the whole GUI with all elements and menus inseparably ;)

forestrip wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am
fmr wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 am If you don't like the default theme, take a look at the available ones (there are literally dozens) and select one that looks better for you. One of the advantages of REAPER is that there are so many choices that the chances you find one that suits you are really high: https://stash.reaper.fm/tag/Themes
I have been working in reaper for several years and I tried a lot of themes - and refused all of them, since most of them are either not adapted for laptop screens or look ridiculous like a child’s

The problem needs to be solved not with a new painted skin - but with a redrawing of the whole GUI with all elements and menus inseparably ;)
Well, I said here repeatedly that I find Live GUI unbearable, but there is a lot of people who love it. :shrug:

I guess this is a very personal thing, and each of us has his/her own opinion about what a good GUI should be. At least with REAPER you have choices. Too bad you don't like any of them, but then you must be very difficult to please :wink:
Last edited by fmr on Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Reaper has always looked terrible in its default state. I've found a few themes that make it look pretty good though. At the end of the day it's a tool to make music, not a toy. It's efficiency is amazing.

It's like complaining about the look of a toaster or a screwdriver.

People are shape conscious. Apple has made a fortune exploiting this fact. Reaper has fantastic abilities and is incredibly fast and stable, but it has the sex appeal of a saltine.

I prefer sex with my girlfriend. Sitting in front of a sexy tool skin doesn’t help my sex appeal...

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:46 pm People are shape conscious. Apple has made a fortune exploiting this fact.
Maybe it's just the strong desire to show off in the era of Instagram & the likes that made Apple so successful...

I prefer sex with my girlfriend as well. At least when my wife is out of town.

I'm not trying to bash Reaper, but there has to be a reason such a powerful, affordable program doesn't sell better than it does, right?

elassi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:46 pm People are shape conscious. Apple has made a fortune exploiting this fact.
Maybe it's just the strong desire to show off in the era of Instagram & the likes that made Apple so successful...
Apple has been making stuff since the 1970's and their emphasis on attractive hardware design has been a real marketing thing since the turn of the millennia. iPod, eMac... On the software side it's been there since the Lisa. I'm not a fan of the company, but credit where credit is due.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:31 pm
elassi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:38 pm
Apple has been making stuff since the 1970's and their emphasis on attractive hardware design has been a real marketing thing since the turn of the millennia. iPod, eMac... On the software side it's been there since the Lisa. I'm not a fan of the company, but credit where credit is due.
But, honestly, they've been popular in the agency and marketing realm only - for decades. Places, where 'good looking' played and plays an important role.

elassi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:36 pm But, honestly, they've been popular in the agency and marketing realm only - for decades. Places, where 'good looking' played and plays an important role.
The design guys are fond of Apple, the technic guys need Linux, and everyone in
between these two takes Windows. To each his own!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Apple doesn't have an exclusive on this, it was just an example. Stop reading brand bias into my comments.

Everyone is subject to shape consciousness. You, me, everyone. You don't have to be blinded by it, but many are. And probably all of us at least some of the time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:09 pmStop reading brand bias into my comments.
Stop feeling offended while I just discuss viewpoints without any prejudice. ;)

Not offended.

please to the experts in Script, snap take vertically
this would be really necessary

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”