Why you left Bitwig?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:47 pm
xbitz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm at least BWS taught me how can I transpose other scales back to Cmaj

^^^Cmaj>G#min : i,i,VI,i,III,III,III sus4,iii,VI..VI to the end after the transposing (if I can see the chord patterns well), who needs PR scales anyway
Well, no, you didn't get the roman numerals right. And there is no g# in the GIF.
That's C (I), C (I), Amin/C (VI or vi), C (I), Emin/B (III or iii), Emin/B (III or iii), Emin/B sus4 (III sus4 or iii sus4), Emin/B (III or iii), Amin (VI or vi). You can either use all caps (or all lowercase) for all numbers or caps for major and lowercase for minor chords, but not in an arbitrary way as you did.
^^^ let's check it :D, this is the out of the chain after pitch-shifting and note remappaing
iii was a typo ... seems good it was the plan

I've remapped Ionian > Aeolian
but I never use the Roman numeral analysis, sry if I made some mistake, at least it sounds good :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:01 pm
ReleaseCandidate wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:47 pm
xbitz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm at least BWS taught me how can I transpose other scales back to Cmaj

^^^Cmaj>G#min : i,i,VI,i,III,III,III sus4,iii,VI..VI to the end after the transposing (if I can see the chord patterns well), who needs PR scales anyway
Well, no, you didn't get the roman numerals right. And there is no g# in the GIF.
That's C (I), C (I), Amin/C (VI or vi), C (I), Emin/B (III or iii), Emin/B (III or iii), Emin/B sus4 (III sus4 or iii sus4), Emin/B (III or iii), Amin (VI or vi). You can either use all caps (or all lowercase) for all numbers or caps for major and lowercase for minor chords, but not in an arbitrary way as you did.
^^^ let's check it :D, this is the out of the chain after pitch-shifting and note remappaing
iii was a typo ... seems good it was the plan

I've remapped Ionian > Aeolian
but I never use the Roman numeral analysis, sry if I made some mistake, at least it sounds good :D
If you're using the system of that Wikipedia page, you have to use upper case for major chords and lower case for minor (and diminished) chords. So I ii iii IV V vi and vii° (you can also use uppercase for all like I II III IV V VI VII, or you use suffixes like Imaj IImin IIImin VImaj Vmaj VImin VIIdim, or ...) Just pick one and adhere to that system ;)

I don't get how and where you're changing C to G# minor. But yes, your numbers are the chords of a minor scale i ii°III iv v VI VII

I like how it names E - G# 'E custom'. That's not a chord (you could call it Emin omit5), but an interval, a power chord, if you will.
But E - G# - D# isn't Emaj7 (if there isn't a B hidden somewhere), but a Emaj7 omit5. And normally you'd also add the 7th to the numeral, so VImaj7

^^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpyNd7SmQKo
thanks for the education :) so dunno personally I only miss groovy quantizing and retrospective recording from Bitwig but otherwise ... it's already a great one

One thing that has pushed me over to Ableton is my MPC and Force. The Force in particular can both save and open Ableton projects. Bitwig really needs to start reaching out and working with hardware manufacturers more. Ableton has become pretty much the platform of choice for most hardware makers. Makes working across devices much easier.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:41 pmOne thing that has pushed me over to Ableton is my MPC and Force. The Force in particular can both save and open Ableton projects...
...and Ableton control in MPC 2.7 is pretty sweet and surprisingly fully-featured, too! To bad they've cut it out from MPC One that I own :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY2PRqZLHos
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

apoclypse wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:41 pm One thing that has pushed me over to Ableton is my MPC and Force.
Yes, you can export from the MPC Software (for your computer, also works with the free version) to Live too. That's _really_ handy.

apoclypse wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:41 pm One thing that has pushed me over to Ableton is my MPC and Force. The Force in particular can both save and open Ableton projects. Bitwig really needs to start reaching out and working with hardware manufacturers more. Ableton has become pretty much the platform of choice for most hardware makers. Makes working across devices much easier.
I doubt it is a matter of reaching out, but rather userbase size. Hardware manufacturers are not motivated to support smaller DAW's. Ableton Live may have the biggest userbase of any DAW at this point. If a hardware company supports one DAW, it is always Live.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:37 pm
apoclypse wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:41 pm One thing that has pushed me over to Ableton is my MPC and Force. The Force in particular can both save and open Ableton projects. Bitwig really needs to start reaching out and working with hardware manufacturers more. Ableton has become pretty much the platform of choice for most hardware makers. Makes working across devices much easier.
I doubt it is a matter of reaching out, but rather userbase size. Hardware manufacturers are not motivated to support smaller DAW's. Ableton Live may have the biggest userbase of any DAW at this point. If a hardware company supports one DAW, it is always Live.
I agree with this but it becomes a chicken and egg scenario. The user base is small because of the lack of support, support is not there because of the lack of users.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I left Live, and Logic to Bitwig. I have no issue about the user base size, I bought Live when it was v1.5 and back then it was seriously niche, audio only, really basic. Maybe I like newer smaller companies but at the end of the day I am infinitely more creative in Bitwig than I have ever been in Live or Logic. Only Reason is left on my Mac these days.
- Logic Pro -

DC Offset > Audio Rate Modulator pairs very nice in it basically they work like invisible CV cables(can connect totally different parts of Bitwig), BWS acts like a big modular synth, really fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agvUMOf ... e=youtu.be

don't know other DAW which can work like this (exc. Reason but would be fare more difficult to do this with cables)

ps. preset morpher device is here, created a year ago viewtopic.php?p=7721401#p7721401 (8 knobs each has 4 states)

xbitz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:09 pm DC Offset > Audio Rate Modulator pairs very nice in it basically they work like invisible CV cables(can connect totally different parts of Bitwig), BWS acts like a big modular synth, really fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agvUMOf ... e=youtu.be

don't know other DAW which can work like this (exc. Reason but would be fare more difficult to do this with cables)

ps. preset morpher device is here, created a year ago viewtopic.php?p=7721401#p7721401 (8 knobs each has 4 states)
I don't get the video. Is it supposed to be silent?

^^^ yepp, I simply can't determine the knowledge of the audience and don't want to create 1.5hours videos from basics :D

in Bitwig global/cross-track modulation can be solved this way : viewtopic.php?f=259&t=446739&p=7181874& ... o#p7181874

can be created different global/cross-track modulator devices based on DC Offset>Audio Rate modulators in Bitwig that's the point :)

xbitz wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:29 pm ^^^ yepp, I simply can't determine the knowledge of the audience and don't want to create 1.5hours videos from basics :D

in Bitwig global/cross-track modulation can be solved this way : viewtopic.php?f=259&t=446739&p=7181874& ... o#p7181874

can be created different global/cross-track modulator devices based on DC Offset>Audio Rate modulators in Bitwig that's the point :)
Ok fair enough, thanks for replying, probably more advanced than i want to do, but i'll have a read of that thread. Maybe i'll discover that it is something i want to do.

^^^ wanted to create a simply preset morpher, there are 8 knobs(macro groups) each 'knob' has 4 states (ABCD) the states can be copied to other devices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDeEJI8muak

"Bitwig Studio: Modern Workflows, New Possibilities" :D

grubezebro wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:41 pm Now that Ableton adds MPE, piano roll scales and much more does anyone feel encouraged to leave Bitwig for it?
yes, Abelton is more straight forward. It makes me get sh*t done. Bitwig will get there some day hopefully.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”