Why you left Bitwig?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think he came under another user name! I don't remember it now! He was a posting maschine :hihi:

liquidsound wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:52 pm And what happened to the prolific cat poster “hibidy”?

IIRC after waiting (with his cats) for BWS for the longest time, he then jumped into Reason and vanished...from KVR
Didn't he literally try out every single DAW out there, and said that they all suck?

I barely remember...

He tried everything but I think he was mostly with two DAWs, Live and S1. Still better than me now! I'm with 5 DAWs! Still jumping around, but mostly using Cubase and Bitwig :)

I wish him well.
I remember him jumping to Reason (after an attempt with BWS) and got eaten alive here and other forums and then...zap! He was gone.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:50 am I wish him well.
I remember him jumping to Reason (after an attempt with BWS) and got eaten alive here and other forums and then...zap! He was gone.
That's the problem with forums, full of cannibals.

After trying it again on my Thinkpad, I think GUI Performance is a big reason why I am still using Live. Live 11 is super snappy and fast while Bitwig 4 just feelis sluggish. I guess this is due to their separate the core parts of the app principle..great in theory, but guess not so much for final performance.

docbot wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:23 pm After trying it again on my Thinkpad, I think GUI Performance is a big reason why I am still using Live. Live 11 is super snappy and fast while Bitwig 4 just feelis sluggish. I guess this is due to their separate the core parts of the app principle..great in theory, but guess not so much for final performance.
I have a vague memory that Bitwig's GUI runs on the CPU for some reason.

machine_spirit wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:30 pm
docbot wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:23 pm After trying it again on my Thinkpad, I think GUI Performance is a big reason why I am still using Live. Live 11 is super snappy and fast while Bitwig 4 just feelis sluggish. I guess this is due to their separate the core parts of the app principle..great in theory, but guess not so much for final performance.
I have a vague memory that Bitwig's GUI runs on the CPU for some reason.
Yeah it's due to the toolkit they use for drawing UI elements. Its kind of old and unsupported for the most part. Hopefully they are working on that.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

PB £200 crossgrade from any DAW

Spring Goose wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:53 pm PB £200 crossgrade from any DAW
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... nother-DAW
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Thanks Antic!

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:46 am Thanks Antic!
:tu:

I wonder why they won't have this as standard? Almost every major DAW by now offers a cross-grade deal (Cubase, S1, Live for sure). I know they don't benefit from this, but perhaps people who don't want to move to Bitwig but would rather use it as a sound-design sandbox could get it at that price?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:31 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:46 am Thanks Antic!
:tu:

I wonder why they won't have this as standard? Almost every major DAW by now offers a cross-grade deal (Cubase, S1, Live for sure). I know they don't benefit from this, but perhaps people who don't want to move to Bitwig but would rather use it as a sound-design sandbox could get it at that price?
Ableton offers a crossgrade for Live?

hoxclab wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:57 pm Ableton offers a crossgrade for Live?
I thought so, but can't find it so probably I was mistaken :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

I'm seriously tempted with that crossgrade offer...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”