Why you left FL Studio?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tell me whyyyy :hyper:

The workflow for audio is horrendous.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

It's a toy. I've moved on to more pro looking stuff.

doesn't sound as good. lol
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

I don’t work with any tools named after breakfast cereal

yeah the summing in the audio engine
it's plasticy

also it's not fruity anymore

in all seriousness, there is no buzz machines adapter,TS-404 or Synthmaker
-Image-line need to stop deprecating

:lol: epic
:borg:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:05 pm I don’t work with any tools named after breakfast cereal
Toucan Sam wants u
8D

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

we had nothing in common

Chan is immature

Didn’t play well enough with hardware synths/ drum machines.

I haven't given up FL-Studio completely, I guess I'll just keep it for all my presets in Sytrus. Value for money is okay. I like the VST Instrument to SF2 function. I like using Maximus, but I can only use it internally with the producer edition.
But what really f**ks me up is the organization system.
Yes IL has been working hard on that lately but there are still some macros missing to prevent all the hard work.
I love fade in/out buttons on audioclips, but IL just won't do it, they just don't do it! Why?
And then Flex. Yes, why would an additional tool make everything worse, it's just an emotional impression, but it's a cheap sounding slingshot for me. Leaves a bad taste. I know, completely irrational.

I never want to miss the scripting option and customization, track templates, track folders etc. from Reaper. So this will be my new Main DAW.
With FL-Studio I can work fast, but it is quick and dirty. When it comes to organizing, restructuring, creating an overview, this is where FL-Studio takes me to my limits. Delete all unused patterns? Where is the function?

An no feedback routing, it's a prerequisite for me.

Because it's a Frankenstein software.

You CAN'T leave Fruity Loops EVER - cant sell the licence, cant even give it away- that guilty secret will ALWAYS be linked to you :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

the devs have a shady background indeed
I tried showering 7 times, but I still feel dirty

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”