Plugin Boutique Scaler 2 available now!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I've just watched the video of tutorial and in depth overview of Scaler 2 and it seems amazing. Plugin Boutique is selling Scaler 1 for $49 (45euros), and buying till May 26th the upgrade to Scaler 2 is free (the release of Scaler 2 is on the 27th). I'm seriously considering buying it now. Do you think the Scaler 2 intro price can be lower than $49? Difficult to be sure, of course, but I'd like to know what your bets are. :ud:

What offers Scaler 2 what Logic Pro X does not have on board?
Asking for a friend...

peakles wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:16 pm Yeah, I've just watched the video of tutorial and in depth overview of Scaler 2 and it seems amazing. Plugin Boutique is selling Scaler 1 for $49 (45euros), and buying till May 26th the upgrade to Scaler 2 is free (the release of Scaler 2 is on the 27th). I'm seriously considering buying it now. Do you think the Scaler 2 intro price can be lower than $49? Difficult to be sure, of course, but I'd like to know what your bets are. :ud:
I doubt Scaler 2 will be less than $49. Since they have already announced that people who buy Scaler 1 now will get it for free, I also doubt if there will be any intro sale. If anything, I expect it to be priced between $49 and $69. The upgrade price from Scaler 1 could be around $20.

I own Scaler 1 and would upgrade for anything <= $20.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:57 pm
peakles wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:16 pm Yeah, I've just watched the video of tutorial and in depth overview of Scaler 2 and it seems amazing. Plugin Boutique is selling Scaler 1 for $49 (45euros), and buying till May 26th the upgrade to Scaler 2 is free (the release of Scaler 2 is on the 27th). I'm seriously considering buying it now. Do you think the Scaler 2 intro price can be lower than $49? Difficult to be sure, of course, but I'd like to know what your bets are. :ud:
I doubt Scaler 2 will be less than $49. Since they have already announced that people who buy Scaler 1 now will get it for free, I also doubt if there will be any intro sale. If anything, I expect it to be priced between $49 and $69. The upgrade price from Scaler 1 could be around $20.

Thanks for replying. I read in other forums about it and others are also expecting the upgrade will be $20.

And it makes sense that they wouldn't make an intro sale with a price lower than $49. I'll get it now, then.

Thanks again!! =)

peakles wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks for replying. I read in other forums about it and others are also expecting the upgrade will be $20.

And it makes sense that they wouldn't make an intro sale with a price lower than $49. I'll get it now, then.

Thanks again!! =)
You're welcome. Thanks for sharing the information.

I think you should grab it now if you want Scaler 2. I bought Scaler 1 for $30, so eventually I will pay $50 for Scaler 2 if the upgrade is (hopefully) $20.

Cheers! :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:10 pm
peakles wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks again!! =)
You're welcome. Thanks for sharing the information.

I think you should grab it now if you want Scaler 2. I bought Scaler 1 for $30, so eventually I will pay $50 for Scaler 2 if the upgrade is (hopefully) $20.

Cheers! :tu:
Yeah, it seems that in the last Scaler sale the price was $29 and Scaler 2 was already being developed. At this time, the developers stated that people shouldn't worry to buy it then because the price of the sale + the upgrade to Scaler 2 wouldn't cost more than the full price of Scale 1. So, $20 is the expected :wink:

I wonder if there would be any benefit to owning both Scaler 1 and 2.

DJhopalong wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:20 pm I wonder if there would be any benefit to owning both Scaler 1 and 2.
I think that to new users it doens't make much sense, but as they are different plugins, the old projects that you had with Scaler 1 would need it to run.

Btw, anyone know how it compares to Instachord? The WA midi bundle is on sale ($20) and seems to be a nice option as well... https://www.waproduction.com/bundles/vi ... idi-bundle

peakles wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:46 am I think that to new users it doens't make much sense, but as they are different plugins, the old projects that you had with Scaler 1 would need it to run.
That makes sense. I guess my real question is if it's worth getting 1 now for the free upgrade. Unless 2 is going to be more expensive it doesn't make sense. I supposed I should just assume 2 will be more expensive. Otherwise, why would they have the deal at all?

DJhopalong wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:48 am
peakles wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:46 am I think that to new users it doens't make much sense, but as they are different plugins, the old projects that you had with Scaler 1 would need it to run.
That makes sense. I guess my real question is if it's worth getting 1 now for the free upgrade. Unless 2 is going to be more expensive it doesn't make sense. I supposed I should just assume 2 will be more expensive. Otherwise, why would they have the deal at all?
Oh sorry, I got it wrong. Yeah, I think you are right assuming version 2 will be more expensive (or at least the same price!). Hence this would be a way to keep selling the product before the release of the new version, and a way to not charge to an upgrade to someone who inadvertently bought the older version a few days before the release of the newer one. But I'm just conjecturing hahaha

Scaler 2 is out, upgrade is $19.99 :)

simmo75 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 pm Scaler 2 is out, upgrade is $19.99 :)
Have you got a link?
Signatures are so early 2000s.

bit underwhelmed by the upgrade price - the new version will probably be on sale for less than that price in a couple of weeks

EDIT - actually that upgrade price is not that bad when I go back and look at what v1 was when i got it on a sale
Last edited by fairlyclose on Tue May 26, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted
Last edited by perpetual3 on Wed May 27, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”