Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

canadianlight wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:54 pm Do the reverbs in S1 need an update or can they already compete with the likes of Altiverb?
OpenAir is not bad, but the verbs in general are very utilitarian imo nothing inspiring
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Tronam wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:34 am
nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:48 pm What about that sluggish interface of Logic? I hate it so much when you want to resize the mixer, the cursor goes up and the mixer is left behind. In Studio One, no matter how fast you move the mouse, it stays with the cursor, feels snappy, more responsive to your commands.
It might be due to my newer system with a faster GPU, but Logic is instantaneously snappy now, even with huge templates and a densely packed mixer with dozens of plugins. I did use to get that laggy, low frame rate resizing on my older iMac, but not lately.
On my main system it absolutely crawls in-terms of the interface however on that's an older iMac. On new my newer MBP it runs great. So it seems to depend on the graphics card in the Mac.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Quite strange, I remember Studio One being as snappy on mac as on Windows, but it's been some time since I used a Mac.

What I would love to see in the next version of Studio One is a monitoring section, to be able to just drop Sonarworks on that section and don't have to worry to disable it when you export. The rest, I want to be surprised, haha! :D

apoclypse wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:26 am
starflakeprj wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:37 pm Btw, I read somewhere that Logic now has a drag n drop workflow? And that this is new from 10.5? I some ways S1 more than a decade ahead other DAWs. Possibly decades behind in other ways though :)
Not for everything like S1. It has it for some things, like DMD, the new Live Loops view. It does have some cool things like dragging and dropping audio onto a track gives you options like automatically slicing the audio and putting in a sampler or DMD. It also optimizes the audio, which seems to automatically run some normalization and setting loop points etc. It also automatically seems to find the key of the sample and tune it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeWqIO1jc9Y
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

I'd like to see more MixFX in Studio One, even if it's as a paid add-on.

Specifically, I want an SSL 4000 console. I was surprised that CTC-1 didn't include one. It would have been an instant buy for me if it did.

It would be really cool if they came out with a console+tape in a single MixFX that let you choose from various classic mixers (SSL, Neve, EMI) and tape machines (Studer, Otari, Ampex). Why is this not a thing!?

It's possible the "Custom" model in CTC-1 is based on SSL in whole or in part, but Presonus avoided even hinting at that, if it is. Anyone have any insight about that?

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Well, not S1 related exactly but ATOM! I really hope that they add an option to turn the lights off when I shutdown the computer or/and when I don't use ATOM. It is really annoying especially when the computer is shutdown already! Well, except in a sexy night, it looks very nice :hihi: But that's not every night in my life :mad:

Yeah , the Atom could've been bigger and better , I LIKE mine but feel a lot of simple things were missed .

jamcat wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:42 pm I'd like to see more MixFX in Studio One, even if it's as a paid add-on.

Specifically, I want an SSL 4000 console. I was surprised that CTC-1 didn't include one. It would have been an instant buy for me if it did.

It would be really cool if they came out with a console+tape in a single MixFX that let you choose from various classic mixers (SSL, Neve, EMI) and tape machines (Studer, Otari, Ampex). Why is this not a thing!?

It's possible the "Custom" model in CTC-1 is based on SSL in whole or in part, but Presonus avoided even hinting at that, if it is. Anyone have any insight about that?

Yeh a console+tape would be great. Sometimes I feel like Presonus adds features then moves on to quickly. We were supposed to get 3rd party MixFX plugins but the only one we ever got is Softube's Tape. It feels like the lack of support they thought they were going to get made Presonus give up on MixFX. Too bad I really think it's great and would love to see them expand on that feature.

The same with the Macro Controls page in the mixer. It's so clunky to use and essentially feels half finished. None of their own instruments even use the page for anything unless you use some of their multi-isntruments. It feels a bit pointless. They either need to go back to the drawing board or finish the feature properly so that people actually use it.

Here is a link to a cool manual that explains the signal flow of the Mix FX that I found on the Presonus forum. 8)

Mix FX and Console Plugins Explained

I think the MixFX are one of the most underutilized, underhyped, and underappreciated features of Studio One.

Entire other DAWs like Harrison MixBus are built around this type of thing as their centerpiece and sole reason for existing. But Presonus is like :shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 pm Entire other DAWs like Harrison MixBus are built around this type of thing as their centerpiece and sole reason for existing. But Presonus is like :shrug:
Yep, agree! Find it strange as well... for years people screamed for some easy to use mojo flavor in the daw and presonus never seems to capitalize on this great feature. Did presonus ever hinted In the past that there might be more models coming?

Cheers

Softube support recently informed me that Harmonics works as a MixFX plugin, however, their website doesn't even mention that. Can anyone confirm this? My demo expired. Thx!

I'd be wary of that, (and probably ask again stating that there is no mention on plugin page etc), like you say it doesn't mention it on the plugin page, yet it does for Tape.

I didn't bother when demoing, as I just assumed it wasn't MixFx compatible because ther e was nothing saying it was. I ended up passing on it, if it was also MixFx compatible my decision may have been different. It was on sale when I demo'd, wouldn't pay full price for it either way.

------------------------------------------------

Another vote for more MixFX plug's, CTC-1 Pro is awesome and used on everything, Softube Tape also a fav. Also whatever the reason is for only 1 MixFX plug per slot/bus, I wish that would be changed if possible, easy enough to work around, but still.
Say NO to CLAP!

Are the current included synths "Mojito" and "Mai Tai" that ship with Studio One any good ?

We never seem to hear much about them.

I have messed around a bit with them today and compared them with other synths like Monark and Repro etc and they are OK but not in the same ballpark to my inexperienced ears.

So where should they be placed in the synth heirarchy ?

I'm not a big fan of them. Neither feature wise nor sound wise do they give me anything I couldn't get from my third party VSTi's. Not that they're bad, but, whenever I boot up S1, I just don't se a compelling reason to load them up.

Mai Tai at least is quite alright though. Try it out, if you haven't already.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:07 pm I'm not a big fan of them. Neither feature wise nor sound wise do they give me anything I couldn't get from my third party VSTi's. Not that they're bad, but, whenever I boot up S1, I just don't se a compelling reason to load them up.

Mai Tai at least is quite alright though. Try it out, if you haven't already.
I did play with Mai Tai for an hour or so trying to coax an inspiring sound out of it, but its just a bit "meh" to my ears. Its ok, it does a job, but its not a synth that compells you to keep playing and get lost in it for a while.

The synths in Cubase also dont seem up to much either although "Retrologue" is a deinite improvement in some areas.

It would be nice if Presonus would surprise us with updated synths that make buying extra ones obsolete. Or perhaps they could just buy "The Legend" and integrate it, now that would be nice. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”