Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

woodsdenis wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:12 pm https://twitter.com/PreSonus/status/127 ... 63872?s=20
https://twitter.com/PreSonus/status/127 ... 72298?s=20

I guess these tweets to a new Studio One 2020 ? Anyway something happening on 7/7
They keep pouring salt on the wound. When it rains it pours. LOL... Too funny.
Coronal Winds Radio - Tune In!
Remember, what you believe doesn't rewrite reality.

Why do I get hyped when I won't upgrade anyway? Cruel first world... :(

chk071 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 am So it really seems like they took over the 2 years release cycle from Cubase (minus the .5 upgrade, of course): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_On ... se_History

Hmm... sort of mixed about that. Of course I'm curious about new features, but, especially with the upgrade price as high as it is, I really can't see me upgrading, if v5 is really released in 5 days. I can understand where they come from though. It looks like Cubase's release cycle is very popular, and people buy and buy and buy. As a hobbyist, and with the budget as tight as I set it, it'll be worth considering skipping a few versions, I guess.
Upgrades are usually $150, a bit less if you wait a week or two for them to become available at third party sites like JRRShop. For a 2-year cycle, that works out at $6.25/month or $75 a year which is pretty reasonable and lower than Cubase.

Of course those who skip versions get rewarded with lower costs, since the upgrade price doesn't increase. For example, upgrading from Studio One v1 to v4 cost the same as from v3 to v4. This is great if you're the type of person who doesn't update frequently, but less than ideal for loyal customers.

A Cubase Pro upgrade from the former version is 59.99 € regularly. In two years, that would be 120 €. Which is cheaper than Studio One, if they stick to the 2 years upgrade cycle from now on.

IMO, it would make much more sense for them to offer incremental upgrades. A user who upgrades from Studio One 2 gets a LOT more features and content than someone who upgrades from Studio One 3. Especially when they proceed with the 2 years release cycle now, there'll be a lot lower versions, and, it kind of devalues the upgrades from a direct predecessor.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:03 am A Cubase Pro upgrade from the former version is 59.99 € regularly. In two years, that would be 120 €. Which is cheaper than Studio One, if they stick to the 2 years upgrade cycle from now on.
But they charge for 0.5 upgrades so there can be more frequent paid upgrades.

The upgrade cost is somewhat irrelevant, its what you get for your money (and if you need it), that's the value, not the upgrade cost or frequency...you really don't need every upgrade!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

True. The way I see it, I get much more when I skip a few versions.

I just think that makes it a bit illogical to not do incremental upgrades for Presonus.

Well, there's another video now, with a countdown to 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 ,5... make of it what you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWv0n5AbzAE

Guess it's true then. Studio One 5 incoming. :)

OK- I'll start- those rings and a grid- they are merging with Bitwig! ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Actually, that date at the end also morphs into Studio One for a short time, I just noticed. Maybe even into... Studio One 5. Not sure. ;)

The date at the end morphing into Studio One 5 as chk071 noticed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If it doesn’t have MPE support it would be hard to justify upgrading this time

As a user of Reason, paying for an upgrade when it came out from V1 to V7 was a no brainer because it was released virtually bug free. The amount of bugs and issues that have been in version 4 of Studio One have been astonishingly high, some critically bad to the point where I've found myself stuck for over a month till they bring out a fix.. Honestly I don't care what they add as long as they keep it the damn software stable and bug free as possible to the extent of proper sandboxing as other DAWs have implemented. Software that is 10 years old and works solidly without issues, is better than new software with tens or hundreds of issues.... I hope they finally fixed the dreadful font quality and colours in V5 at least...but I have my doubts.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

:o

What happened? Thought you were die hard Studio One for life. :)

v5 definite now
Good news
Will buy
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”