Studio One Version 5.0 Predictions and Requests

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

It's always funny to watch the audio company's servers break down with every new release. :) And to watch Steam's servers easily handling every summer sale, which must lift about 10.000 times the load. Different market, different level really. :)

I wonder if it’s possible to record the output of the Show page and use it similar to Digital performer’s song page.

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:44 pm It's always funny to watch the audio company's servers break down with every new release. :) And to watch Steam's servers easily handling every summer sale, which must lift about 10.000 times the load. Different market, different level really. :)
Which audio company's servers break down with every release?
Apple? Never happened to me.
Ableton? Never happened to me.
Image Line? Never happened to me.

tedannemann wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:50 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:44 pm It's always funny to watch the audio company's servers break down with every new release. :) And to watch Steam's servers easily handling every summer sale, which must lift about 10.000 times the load. Different market, different level really. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg
When people move the goal posts to make a point, there is no longer an original point to be made.

Even checking for an update from within S1 4 gives an error :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

fuzzlightyear wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:56 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg
The gesturing presenter in the Studio One 5 announcement video spoke several times about the fact that Studio One 5 would be available at 11:00 a.m. central time.
Maybe their servers have a bad day...

Show page is a more Mainstage competitor than Ableton/Bitwig. In that case, it is quite good, especially setting up controllers.

Arturia, Steinberg and Novation come to mind. But, I've seen it lots of times.

Funny that you mention Apple though. I don't see them primarily as a audio software company. :) Plus they're much bigger than any company in the audio business. So, really bad example.

In the meantime: Does anybody know what happened to Slate Digital's full-bodied announcement of MixFX support in Studio One?

tedannemann wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:14 pm In the meantime: Does anybody know what happened to Slate Digital's full-bodied announcement of MixFX support in Studio One?
Thats interesting, was unaware.

I dont use Slate but have some of the 3rd party developers' vsts such as LiquidSonics and D16.
Surely those devs would have to work on this meaning their own VST native plugs should also get MixFX support.

Unless Slate implements it at the rack level

not the most amazing release AFAIC, but there are enough new additions to make the upgrade worthwhile IMO - the key switching, external instrument and FX stuff, easily switchable mixer views and better Melodyne 5 integration. I just won’t be in a mad rush to upgrade yet.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Can't even login to my presonus to purchase it ;)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Studio One 5 has an identity crisis. It wants to be Stage One 5 now...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SZxz2WfFLo

At first the video was looking good and I was think - yeah! this is looking great.

By the end is was - "nah! I pass.

Looks like they bypassed Live and Bitwig and even Logic and went for the Pro Tools crowd.

Cakewalk Bandlab have a half implemented live looping mode. I bet they get there before Presonus or Steinberg do now.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”