FL Studio 20.7

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:56 am
Unaspected wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:26 pm
the-machine wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm
Unaspected wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:18 pm I really hope Image-Line were able to look at efficiency here and improve the system
If you mean by performance improvements, FL has improved significantly since around v20.5 or so. Some of my projects CPU usaged dropped 30-60%
Indeed, I enjoyed the recent performance boost of FL 20.

I mean the CPU load for automation. It can rocket up fast using plugins that are otherwise very efficient during a mix. I have yet to A/B vst 2 with 3 to see if there's an issue there, as I suspect - not with vst 3 itself but FL Studio's handling of such plugins.
What's the deal? I've never heard of VST2 vs VST3 for CPU performance - I always just assumed they were identical.
I'm not sure. Haven't tested anything. But I noticed a significant increase when linking a Peak Controller to Brainworx SSL 4000 E that was unexpected. It could well be the VST itself. Most obvious difference in functionality between VST2 and 3 is that you can right click VST3 parameters and link directly - whereas you have to go through drop down menus to access the same with VST2. But I wondered if there might then be some difference in how the processing is addressed.

I'll have to load up the same plugin as VST2 and see if the increase is the same - in which case, it's the plugin.

Though I've been reporting a number of bugs with VST3s in FL Studio to plugin companies - whereas the VST2 version will work as expected. Things like plugins not being able to save or recall states - this occurred after a recent FL Studio update for certain plugins previously working. Sandman Pro only allows me to automate a single parameter - that's the weirdest bug.

So there's something going on, even if it isn't impacting on performance. In all instances, switching to VST 2 versions solved the issues.
Last edited by Unaspected on Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm often a hater and a bad troll ... but I love FL Studio! :tu: :D

Unaspected wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm
Though I've been reporting a number of bugs with VST3s in FL Studio to plugin companies - whereas the VST2 version will work as expected. Things like plugins not being able to save or recall states - this occurred after a recent FL Studio update for certain plugins previously working. Sandman Pro only allows me to automate a single parameter - that's the weirdest bug.

So there's something going on, even if it isn't impacting on performance. In all instances, switching to VST 2 versions solved the issues.
I hear you on this - I generally pick VST2 over VST3 installation because I've also experienced lots of different problems with VST3 versions. Although I recently ran into a bug with a VST2 and switching to the VST3 version fixed it. I guess it always pays to try either or both but I generally default to VST2 first - and also you get to choose the file path for VST2 too. The most annoying thing about VST3 is they fill up my small SSD OS drive.

Re: FL 20.7... looking forward to it! Just updated from 2.5.something to the latest version in anticipation.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:40 am
Unaspected wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm

I hear you on this - I generally pick VST2 over VST3 installation because I've also experienced lots of different problems with VST3 versions. Although I recently ran into a bug with a VST2 and switching to the VST3 version fixed it. I guess it always pays to try either or both but I generally default to VST2 first - and also you get to choose the file path for VST2 too. The most annoying thing about VST3 is they fill up my small SSD OS drive.

Re: FL 20.7... looking forward to it! Just updated from 2.5.something to the latest version in anticipation.
True. VST2 is always a safer bet. I usually install only VST2 if this option is available.

The big exception is Waves. it has to be VST3 with Fruityloops and has been working really well since Waves started to officially support Fruityloops.
No signature here!

Just demo'ing a VST and the installer installs VST2 and 3 automatically. So the VST3 version instantiates in FL Studio... and converts the incoming signal to mono. This happened to me with the Exponential Audio reverbs in VST3 format too.

IMO VST3 sucks :P

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:36 pm Just demo'ing a VST and the installer installs VST2 and 3 automatically. So the VST3 version instantiates in FL Studio... and converts the incoming signal to mono. This happened to me with the Exponential Audio reverbs in VST3 format too.

IMO VST3 sucks :P
I think I recall this error with Kazrog's True Iron when it first came out. I reported the issue and he fixed it but days later in an update.

They need to add comping audio in the playlist.

Hey the wizard in the shame visualizer keeps crashing on me. Anyone else with this problem I’m on windows 10
DoomTune.com

We're quarantined - they should give it away free - have they no pity? :-x :tantrum:

It's free for me :D Can't say the same for most DAWs with massive update fees.

I tried the visualizer and if I only have one loop running and the visualizer, it sounds fine, but the song position fader stutters extrem? I have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 graphic card.

EDIT: it depends on the preset, some are working, others produce the stutter. But the export is fine.

Quick reminder to anyone updating from an older version, do NOT point the 20.7 installer at the same folder as your FL 12.something.

If updating from 20.something, then there's no need to uninstall anything, just run the new installer right over the top and "migrate" your settings (custom file paths, VST lists).

aMUSEd wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:28 am Are Harmor and Sytrus actually usable on Mac yet?
Do you mean outside FL Studio or overall inside FL Studio?

ubailey wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm Hey the wizard in the shame visualizer keeps crashing on me. Anyone else with this problem I’m on windows 10
“Shame visualizer”?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:30 pm
ubailey wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm Hey the wizard in the shame visualizer keeps crashing on me. Anyone else with this problem I’m on windows 10
“Shame visualizer”?
Maybe it's best we don't know. :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”