Reason 10 to Reason Studio Standard, would it be worth it?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would love to have the VST rack for use in my DAW over rewire. But I'm not sure if that feature alon is worth $129 to upgrade. For those of you who have RS standard is there any other features that might make upgrading a little sweeter? If not I might wait for a sale, or even for the next iteration of RS whenever that may be.

DoggBisket wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pmFor those of you who have RS standard is there any other features that might make upgrading a little sweeter?
Yes, IMO it's worth it for:
- new devices: SSL devices, Quarter, Sweeper, Beat Map Generator
- curved automation
- audio clip crossfades
- muting of individual MIDI notes
- visualisation of played / selected notes

Small things, but useful :)

But indeed, Rack VST is the biggest and most notable feature, no doubt.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

standard reason upgrades are rarely on sale, and when they are, they usually go about 99dollars.

you can get fairly close to that price anytime by just buying from somebody like JRR shop and using the forum or group coupon code.

ShawnG wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:24 pm standard reason upgrades are rarely on sale, and when they are, they usually go about 99dollars.

you can get fairly close to that price anytime by just buying from somebody like JRR shop and using the forum or group coupon code.
True, but also when there's sale in Reason Studio's shop, JRR's discounts & rules still apply to that.

For me the most important thing with JRR is that I pay in USD, instead of EUR. So if right now uprade to 11 is EUR129, then in JRR the number is 115 and it's in USD, which equals to ~104EUR :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”